New S3 ordered, cracking deal, now let the wait begin :(

Itguy

Reaction score
Well the deed is done - ordered our new S3 today at Derby Audi. All I'll say is if you want a good deal go and see Sam, a top bloke who's been running their demo s3 as his own car for a while so knows it (and drives it!) well.

So, spec is

Brilliant Red (yes, solid colour) with black leather
sportback s-tronic
comfort pack with adaptive cruise and pdc rear only
adaptive xenon
b&o
door mirrors auto dim/fold
lumber support
mono pur
interior lighting pack
non smoker pack
privacy glass
reversible boot mat
technology pack (not high)
tyre pressure indicator
audi gap

thats the lot - it's ACACGXQG config code.

Should find out what build slot next week sometime. March delivery expected.

I also got to see a brilliant red A4 next to a Misano a3. Very VERY similar but the Misano is just a touch more orange IMHO. I'm happy with the brilliant red.

Reactions: RobbieWebs, Toadoftoadhall and Johnnyb
Lovely!
May I ask what the configuration code that you quote means? I have a car on order but never seen this sort of code before, or am I just being dumb?

Sure - when you configure a car online using audi's website thing it gives you a unique code for the spec. This then IS the spec of the car and when I went in to the dealer I said here is my spec "ACACGXQG" and then up it pops on their computer with all the options listed.

They then order the car with Audi based on this code so there are no errors in handwriting etc etc.

Plus, if you want to see exactly the car i've ordered you could enter that code into the audi website and it will show it to you.

Oh that! Yes, I have many of them from many efforts on the configurator. I thought it was some special Audi code where every letter means something special. But then I am not particularly sober right now...

My dealer sent me a code when I ordered anyway so that I could remind myself what I ordered. Thought it was a nice touch :)

Just had a look on the Audi website at your configuration - looks fantastic. Had my A3 S-line Glacier White for four months now and every time I get in it I smile - I can only imagine you will have an even wider grin when you get your S3!

Reactions: Johnnyb
take it in march - you will lose £1000 as it will not be on a 2014 plate.

the new plate will lose most of that in my trade in. Plus since the days of the 2 plate years the difference is only a few 100. I am not waiting 6 months for it. The car I have will need new tyres then too aswell ;)

the new plate will lose most of that in my trade in. Plus since the days of the 2 plate years the difference is only a few 100. I am not waiting 6 months for it. The car I have will need new tyres then too aswell ;)

I agree, take it when it's ready.Waiting for new reg because you think it will make a massive cost difference when you sell it in three years time is mental, because it won't.
mileage and condition will dictate most of the value, followed by the year of production. The reg allocated to the car makes miniscule difference.
I'd far rather the car was in my control as soon as is humanly possible, instead of sitting in a muddy field for however many weeks, getting shat on by seagulls straight onto the unprotected paintwork, or used as a demo for folk that are thinking about buying........

IMO

Great spec ITguy :)
Just out of interest how much did u get ur GAP for?
With regards the car being delivered in March, I'd rather tell them to hold on registering it until the plate change.
Brand new car and only have it for a month tops before it's old reg .. I wouldn't after paying all that cash.
Waited all that time for it what's an extra few weeks :)

Oops my bad I was thinking of the start of the tax year doh 🙈

Well the deed is done - ordered our new S3 today at Derby Audi. All I'll say is if you want a good deal go and see Sam, a top bloke who's been running their demo s3 as his own car for a while so knows it (and drives it!) well.

So, spec is

Brilliant Red (yes, solid colour) with black leather
sportback s-tronic
comfort pack with adaptive cruise and pdc rear only
adaptive xenon
b&o
door mirrors auto dim/fold
lumber support
mono pur
interior lighting pack
non smoker pack
privacy glass
reversible boot mat
technology pack (not high)
tyre pressure indicator
audi gap

thats the lot - it's ACACGXQG config code.

Should find out what build slot next week sometime. March delivery expected.

I also got to see a brilliant red A4 next to a Misano a3. Very VERY similar but the Misano is just a touch more orange IMHO. I'm happy with the brilliant red.

Might have to pay him a visit, hopefully get a good deal especially as I play golf with him!

Yes like you say a top bloke and one of the best salesman out there.

Couldn't agree more - very refreshing this day and age to be honest.

It's actually nice to see a sales chap with a genuine passion for cars - most of them don't know anything about them and just don't care.

Yes very impressed with his knowledge, he nearly beat me at Audi top trumps when we played golf last!

Update!

After sleeping on it last night I've added active lane assist, hold assist and variable headlight range. These are the only final things I had any slight query over, so now they're on and that's it. I'm done!!

Reactions: cemerson
Well I've got one for you...

He didn't know that the rear wiper did a wipe when you put the car in reverse if you have the front wipers on.

We had to show him, as we want this coding OFF because it drives our dog crazy!!

Just been given week 7 build estimate :racer:

How long have people been waiting between build week and taking delivery?

Between 2 and 3 weeks Itguy. (That is after car was built)

Guessing a few hours when on the production line and a few hours for testing... Most of the "build week" is spent with the car waiting on the car park.