Badger5EM Tuning
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
Like Tree416Likes

Thread: 8V S3 Tuning Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock & Load View Post
    Changing to a aftermarket exhaust can very often reduce output dont be fooled by extra noise unless the backpressure of the exhaust system is correctly adjusted all sort of problems can arise
    Maybe if "Dave" from the local bar made an exhaust for you, but from the likes of Milltek and other well known brands you can be sure it has been tested and made with power gains in mind and not just for noise.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Changing to a aftermarket exhaust can very often reduce output dont be fooled by extra noise unless the backpressure of the exhaust system is correctly adjusted all sort of problems can arise
    I found some scaffolding pole the other week will this cause problems if I use it to make my exhaust???
    warren_S5, ~RS~ and J6YAK like this.
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

5th Gear

Status
    If someone starts telling you you need back pressure in your exhaust system (post turbo) on Turbo or N/A cars, start to walk away.

If they then start on standing waves and scavenging, start to run...

There is a whole heap of misinformation out there about exhaust myths and back pressure.

If they understand the term exhaust gas velocity in respect of exhaust diameter, listen to them.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Rarely neutral

Status
    Decat is highly illegal here in Australia heavy $10,000 fine for both mechanick and driver , decat only on track going cars also loud as and fumes can escape inside car and become poisonous

Leaving aside legal issues,the only way fumes will get inside the car is from a leak from the exhaust system INTO the car,which has nothing to do with the fitment or deletion of a cat.

Let's also remember that before cats came along,there were hardly legions of us poisoned by our exhausts.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geefunk1978 View Post
    S3's going to Milltek on Monday, can't wait to hear the results....
    Any word from Milltek yet Mr geefunk? Really interested to hear what they have done!!
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    Any word from Milltek yet Mr geefunk? Really interested to hear what they have done!!
    Given some of the service / speed of updates they've been offering on other Audi forums I wouldn't get your hope up too much; I think the days are long gone where they were offering best in class service or product. I don't think I would use them again.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    Car's still with them, should be getting it back Weds/Thurs as they needed it longer than 5 days. I thought 5 days was ambitious to be honest! They've had to redesign the entire exhaust system as it's totally different to the Golf GTi. Plus it's got exhaust valves which is different. Can't wait to hear it....!

2nd Gear

Status
    Car's still with them, should be getting it back Weds/Thurs as they needed it longer than 5 days. I thought 5 days was ambitious to be honest! They've had to redesign the entire exhaust system as it's totally different to the Golf GTi. Plus it's got exhaust valves which is different. Can't wait to hear it....!
    Should be worth the wait tho!

So they are keeping the valves in then?

I can't wait to hear it too!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Definitely worth the wait.
    Yes they're keeping the exhaust valves as it will throw up too many faults if they don't with the drive select. Which means fully open in dynamic mode :-)
    J6YAK, Aran383 and vakaviti like this.

Neutral

Status
    Just found this on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7sehWj49fk

I think it sounds pretty decent esp the non resonated version.....cant wait to hear this miltek
    j16jrf likes this.
    2014 S3 8V | Phantom Black | S-Tronic | Black Styling Package | LED headlights | Super Sports Seats | B&O Sound | Magnetic Ride Suspension | Red Brakes Calipers | Interior Light Package | Assistance Package |

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vakaviti View Post

I think it sounds pretty decent esp the non resonated version.....cant wait to hear this miltek
    I prefer the resonated way more than the non-res. The non-res just sounds too far too droney. But the resonated one does sound nice!

Neutral

Status

Cost ? and any power gains ?

Neutral

Status
    Cost ? and any power gains ?
    I emailed them today they quoted $1000EUR for the non resonated and $1100EUR for resonated plus about $100EUR to for shipping to Australia where I live....not quite sure on the figures but if i calculated correctly thats around $1700AUD for the exhaust. Im weighing it up if i do that or just go get a custom one made. As for power gains cant say sorry mate
    Lock & Load likes this.
    2014 S3 8V | Phantom Black | S-Tronic | Black Styling Package | LED headlights | Super Sports Seats | B&O Sound | Magnetic Ride Suspension | Red Brakes Calipers | Interior Light Package | Assistance Package |

1st Gear

Status
    $100 EUR for shipping to Oz?!?! Take it and run! That's insanely cheap.

I paid $250 EUR just to ship a Milltek downpipe last year!

BTW, a custom made system will run you around $2k here, and I am not sure if anyone can reproduce the exhaust valves as the ones in Europe are.

Neutral

Status
    Yeah $100 EUR shipped to Australia...you reckon a custom system will get up to the $2K mark? Ill have to do some research i dont want the exhaust to throw a TD1 flag when swapped.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah around there. I paid $1300 just for a single muffler exhaust with two tips, catback only. So expect around $2k for the second muffler/tips. Add more if you want turbo back.

There aren't many good shops around here to be honest. If you're in Sydney, I'd only recommend Hi-Tech Mufflers. They're good. Have done quite a few S3 8Ps. But I don't know if they'll be able to reproduce the exhaust flap. Not sure if they've ever done one.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah $100 EUR shipped to Australia...you reckon a custom system will get up to the $2K mark? Ill have to do some research i dont want the exhaust to throw a TD1 flag when swapped.
    I wouldn't worry too much about TD1 flag if you change the exhaust, I think it would be pretty obvious to any half skilled mechanic it's got an aftermarket exhaust on it!!

Neutral

Status
    I emailed them today they quoted $1000EUR for the non resonated and $1100EUR for resonated plus about $100EUR to for shipping to Australia where I live....not quite sure on the figures but if i calculated correctly thats around $1700AUD for the exhaust. Im weighing it up if i do that or just go get a custom one made. As for power gains cant say sorry mate
    What about custom costs ? if its over $1000 they will hit you up with extra taxes

Neutral

Status
    What about custom costs ? if its over $1000 they will hit you up with extra taxes
    Didnt even think about customs costs hmmmm

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah I've been down that road before. Ordered a set of wheels from Oettinger. Ended up getting dinged $700 to get them cleared through customs in total, as I had to also pay the customs processing fees in addition to the duty.
    vakaviti likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Well the S3 is back from Milltek. Wow.
    j16jrf, J6YAK, Aran383 and 1 others like this.

Neutral

Status
    Photo?

Neutral

Status
    Video

3rd Gear

Status
    Didn't get home til it was dark as picked it up late afternoon. Will get a photo on tomorrow and I'll sort a video out as soon as I can. Suffice to say it sounds unbelievable.
    j16jrf and Aran383 like this.

Neutral

Status
    Do you have a manual gearbox or DSG (S tronic)?

2nd Gear

Status
    Look forward to hearing it geefunk, are you impressed?

So what exactly did they do?

2nd Gear

Status
    What power did it make?

Havnt herd anything from scorpion yet with how there getting on with mine, should be getting back this week. Dropped it off last Monday.

Is it non resonated or resonated?

Neutral

Status
    Cant wait to hear this miltek!!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    It's S Tronic. The bangs are ridiculous now!
    It's had a full turbo back system, non resonated with sports cat. Milltek had it for a week and half as they had to design and build the entire system and get it type approved for selling worldwide.
    It's going on the dyno on Friday and having the Shark tuning box fitted and map tweaked for the exhaust.
    J6YAK, Aran383 and RobH_S3 like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post
    What power did it make?

Havnt herd anything from scorpion yet with how there getting on with mine, should be getting back this week. Dropped it off last Monday.

Is it non resonated or resonated?

Looking forward to hearing about Scorpions efforts also, I've had a few of theirs in the past.

Do you know what they are doing on yours?

2nd Gear

Status
    It's S Tronic. The bangs are ridiculous now!
    It's had a full turbo back system, non resonated with sports cat. Milltek had it for a week and half as they had to design and build the entire system and get it type approved for selling worldwide.
    It's going on the dyno on Friday and having the Shark tuning box fitted and map tweaked for the exhaust.
    So is it really loud or acceptable ?

2nd Gear

Status
    Is it switchable via the audi drive select I.e in comfort mode quiet and dynamic full asbo mode?

Bet the bangs on up shift are quality can't wait to get mine back missed it loads haha.

Yeah wouldn't mind knowing how scorpion are getting on my self. Gonna ring em tomorrow. I know it will be around 90mm quads with ceramic black finish.
    Last edited by RobH_S3; 26th February 2014 at 21:31.
    J6YAK and geefunk1978 like this.

Neutral

Status
    Off topic but does anyone here know what PSI Boost does the S3 put out i know the A 45 Mercedes is on a hair raising 22 PSI
    hence the engine warranty is at 3 years 70,000km only

5th Gear

Status
    no idea on boost pressure - would be interested to know also! actually makes he boost guage not a guage at all as there are no values or scale! im gonna see what pressures my MTM mapped motor pulls at weekend! feels north of 1.5bar (~22psi)

2nd Gear

Status
    1.2 bar. Loads left in the turbo if ask me

3rd Gear

Status
    No it's ok when driving along on part throttle, not much different to standard. It's when you boot it there's a big difference.
    The drive select still works, in comfort mode it's pretty quiet, so valves shut. In dynamic you get the full monty with valves open!
    I've gone with black tail trims, they look evil!
    nervus likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    How's the drone?

5th Gear

Status
    Pics please GFunk!

Love the idea of black tips!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393503188.793251.jpg
    Best I could get quickly with my phone. It sounds epic.
    nervus, j16jrf, J6YAK and 4 others like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    No drone either just massive bangs on up shifts lol
    Made a guy at a bus stop earlier pap himself!
    nervus, Battlekrapz and vakaviti like this.