Sky InsuranceBadger5
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425
Like Tree408Likes

Thread: 8V S3 Tuning Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That's my understanding from speaking to Revo as well. You would need to go back to a Revo dealer to have the software removed before going to Audi for a service or warranty work for example and then get it flashed back on afterwards.
    Sounds great in principle, but wouldn't be much use to customer X who blows his turbo/engine etc in the North of Scotland and needs to somehow get the car to Daventry to be flashed back again. But needs must I suppose.
    I know there is a UK company who have bypassed the TDI flag by (now bare with me as I'm no expert on this) installing a separate chip into the car's ECU which can be remotely switched from performance to stock software without touching the car. This 'apparently' will get past the TD1 problem and unless the dealer decides to crack open your ECU on a routine dealer visit, you should be fine. If something goes seriously tits up then you can obviously have the chip removed before going to the dealer.

This has been done on a few C7 RS6's with success, but whether it works on other VAGs I don't know.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I had some warranty work done yesterday... I have a full exhaust and engine light on... they just admired it, never even questioned it.
    Grant likes this.
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit widaudi's Instagram Channel
    I got my new wheels a couple of weeks ago and didn't have time to take pictures! Finally I have one that I can share with you guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nervus, Joetidman and Lock & Load like this.
    Ex Audis, 2009 TT 2.0T - 2011 S3 8P

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh Also found out that the s-tronic clutch packs are more substantial than that of the previous S3 and Golf R and they were good for over 450ftlbs with a dsg map.

Also pistons are forged and the Rods a very substantial not forged but again stronger than that of the previous S3/golf R and people have had them running 400ftlbs.

Basically the engine and gearbox should be good for 500hp 450+ftlbs without any major work other than a bigger turbo. On the subject of turbo's because theres no manifold or its built into the head, then swapping to a bigger turbo should be easy and a lot cheaper than what it cost on the previous S3.

Sweeeet!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post
    Oh Also found out that the s-tronic clutch packs are more substantial than that of the previous S3 and Golf R and they were good for over 450ftlbs with a dsg map.

Also pistons are forged and the Rods a very substantial not forged but again stronger than that of the previous S3/golf R and people have had them running 400ftlbs.

Basically the engine and gearbox should be good for 500hp 450+ftlbs without any major work other than a bigger turbo. On the subject of turbo's because theres no manifold or its built into the head, then swapping to a bigger turbo should be easy and a lot cheaper than what it cost on the previous S3.

Sweeeet!!!
    Sounds good, out of interest, how reliable was the source of your info? Audi tech, or bloke from the pub?
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

Neutral

Status
    I have heard something similar also... but not about the DSG.
    Here is some information about the engine:
    Tech Analysis: Next Generation 2.0 TFSI for New Audi S3 - Fourtitude.com

The engine is quiet different from the older ones...even if the power is "only" ~30hp more than the old S3/Golf R engine.

2nd Gear

Status
    Very reliable source. As reliable as can be just stripped down a brand new mk7 R engine and sent it off for some more power and a bigger blower.
    Joetidman likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Is it cam chain or belt?

2nd Gear

Status
    These engines are chain driven.