8V S3 Tuning Thread

I don't think Milltek do single ovals, I think it'd be a bit too 'pretend RS3' even if they did!
Think they only look good when they're incorporated into the bumper like an RS4.

They defo do, as they make them for other systems (Scirocco R, RS6, and other system that has a single oval as stock).

Audi 8V S3 10 Spoke Titanium Matt Alloys 18 x 7.5 and Continental tyres for sale.

eBay listing http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/141278251799

May be open to sensible offers if you're interested!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399631882897342ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399631988939824ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399631999899660

Car is looking well mate and I absolutely love the Milly Black tips.. They look like a proper professional finish IMO.

Wheel wise - I must be the only one who prefers the 10 spoke wheels on the S3. Especially if they were in satin Black or something similar.

Reactions: pat15312
Cheers pal! Yeah think the tips look good although I seem to have lost some noise from putting them on! Don't think they echo as much as they're smaller so might have to go back to the dustbin tips for full upshifts bang effects...
They probably would look good painted but would cost a few quid to get then done. I'm really happy with the new wheels, everyone has commented how much meaner it now looks!

Car is looking well mate and I absolutely love the Milly Black tips.. They look like a proper professional finish IMO.

Wheel wise - I must be the only one who prefers the 10 spoke wheels on the S3. Especially if they were in satin Black or something similar.

I just wish mine were 19"

Apr posted yesterday on their FB page that they are finalizing their tune for the MK7 GTI when asked about dyno numbers they said not finalized but quoted "over 300hp" on stage 1. Interesting to see what they can get out of the S3 and golf R.

Definitely not out of the question to have 70+hp from a proper map. B8 S4, RS3/TTrs all achieve this.

Theyd soon get found out if there claims were total BS and laughed off the forums, which I doubt they're gonna open themselves up too with all the sh*t they throw around to other tuners ;)

Reactions: Johnnyb and ConS3
Just seems a lot from only a map. Guess I'm just a bit sceptical when I know mine made 70 with a full turbo back exhaust aswell. It didn't have much more to give safely.
But then again I've got a tuning box not a remap.

Depends on a lot of factors, but it's not out of the question to have these gains from a good remap. The stock S3 is only running 1.2 boost, so there is quite a bit of room to play with. You can then adjust individual parameters like fueling, ignition timing, etc to maximise gains. Things a tuning box can't do. It only controls boost. The stock ECU does the rest. Not necessarily a bad thing. Just that you have more control with a proper flash.

That said, I'd rather cut my nuts off before going with APR, so I'll wait it out :)

On another note, my Forge FMIC shipped out today!!! Still waiting for the Milltek DP. Hasn't even been made yet. I'm hearing there are major supply shortages.

Reactions: warren_S5
Theyd soon get found out if there claims were total BS and laughed off the forums, which I doubt they're gonna open themselves up too with all the sh*t they throw around to other tuners ;)

It wouldn't be the first time.

There have been a lot of very vague or ambiguous claims made by certain companies regarding bhp and torque,and whilst the talk is talked,the walk is seldom seen.

Reactions: warren_S5
Again all depends on the dyno aswell these figures. I always take them with a pinch of salt. It's all about driveability at the end of the day not figures!

Reactions: S3Alex
Again all depends on the dyno aswell these figures. I always take them with a pinch of salt. It's all about driveability at the end of the day not figures!

True again....dyno figures are a lottery,and what works best with them is figures from the same dyno on each upgrade,rather than from different ones,all over the country.

Driveability matters most of all,and having a car that delivers everything over a 1000rpm range is no use at all.

Come on we all know drivability is paramount and that dyno figures should be taken with a pinch of salt, its only a stage 1 map we're talking about here the figures quoted should be pretty much spot on.

Reactions: S3Alex
Come on we all know drivability is paramount and that dyno figures should be taken with a pinch of salt, its only a stage 1 map we're talking about here the figures quoted should be pretty much spot on.

I think some like to talk up the figures and run down those that other tuners provide,but we all know from the 8P figures,that everyone's maps provide very similar figures at similar levels of tune.

Just use the same dyno everytime. You've dyno'd with a tuning box. Use the same dyno for a flash tune. Use the same dyno for a stock tune. Then, your results will always be consistent and baselined to your car.

Posted by APR on another forum. Regarding the Golf GTI MK7 Tune.
"We've hit as high as 330 HP with our software so far. Quite a large gain over stock and was the highest output the TUV testing has seen."

What makes me laugh about power figures is that people talk about them like they 'REALLY' mean something in the real world.

When Bugatti built the Veyron SS, they had to give it 200bhp extra (yes 200bhp) to get it to go about 12mph faster at VMAX. Why? Because the faster you go the more dense air becomes and at about 100mph air becomes dense (being simplistic like cutting through cake rather than air), at 200 it's like trying to cut through treacle.

So if you think 10bhp here or there in real world situations is going to make the slightest bit of different on a 300bhp+ car then the marketing brochures have done their job. There is as almost as much benefit to top class driving skills (of which most people invest no money to improve), or by getting your car serviced more regularly.

Maybe I'm just an old git, but I just laugh these days when people publish BHP figures to 1 decimal place!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash B, N8, Ashmcblue and 2 others
Off course power figures mean something( not the decimal comparison), getting 50bhp out of a tuning box or 100bhp out of a remap is quite different.
I think most tune their car is more interested in acceleration, low end torque then top speed. And taking your example of the Veyron is not that relevant in a standard car going 250km/h as a Veyron that supposed to be going 400km/h. The drag created at those speeds is far greater as you know.
But power is nothing without drivability, and you have to look at the complete dyno chart , not just the max power.

Posted by APR on another forum. Regarding the Golf GTI MK7 Tune.
"We've hit as high as 330 HP with our software so far. Quite a large gain over stock and was the highest output the TUV testing has seen."

As before though....it's on a Facebook page.

I can go away and say I've hit as high as 1000bhp if I like.

Reactions: Ash B, S. and warren_S5
Off course power figures mean something

To some people they might granted, but we're not talking 100bhp from a remap, how many VAG cars see 100bhp from a remap that aren't specifically de-tuned from factory?

I bet the majority of people blind tested couldn't tell what BHP a car had at over 300bhp. I drove a 333bhp car recently and due to it's linear power delivery I thought it had sub 300 as it didn't have kick in the back. 10 or 20bhp here or there isn't going to produce the night and day gains that some people might believe. A good map will deliver great tractability, consistent results (e.g. not heat soaking too badly), so whilst numbers are a loose benchmark I've seen same brand cars deliver 20bhp+/- on the same rolling road on the same day based on their servicing regime / mileage / characteristics.

The numbers give a small part of the story, and one people get too excited about in my reckoning.

Reactions: S.
On Facebook, different forum, what's you point? fake numbers? , they claim that's what they seen, don't think they go out with numbers that are far from the tune they will archive, Well time will tell if they are right. MTM claims 300 on tuning box.

Well APR posted about the S3 been around 360hp with stage 1 more info to follow next week.

Likewise I wont be going with them but Revo, GAIC are normally similar in gains, just using APR as an example as they make there testing more puplic.

The argument about horsepower and dynos is soooooo tedious and boring, rinse and repeat year on year. Honestly just get a map from the tuner you trust the most and get on with it, the gains at stage 1 are pretty much the same across the board anyway, and why does it matter where its posted facebook, twitter who cares seriously???

Reactions: Ash B, S3Alex and warren_S5
On Facebook, different forum, what's you point? fake numbers? , they claim that's what they seen, don't think they go out with numbers that are far from the tune they will archive, Well time will tell if they are right. MTM claims 300 on tuning box.

My point is this....put the product out in the market,and when it's been sold to users,and it's better than anyone else's,then it speaks for itself.

Like Rob,I'm bored with claims of "my product is better than anyone else's" and suchlike,and most of us on the forums for long enough know where the history of this nonsense began.

Reactions: Ash B, S. and warren_S5
Like Rob,I'm bored with claims of "my product is better than anyone else's" and suchlike,and most of us on the forums for long enough know where the history of this nonsense began.

Amen to that; yet still they keep coming !

Reactions: Ash B and S3Alex
Quick question on tuning maps: I assume that APR, GIAC etc will just put on the more powerful map for "dynamic" mode (in drive select), and leave "efficiency" and "auto" as the stock maps? Or will they have to update all modes?

Quick question on tuning maps: I assume that APR, GIAC etc will just put on the more powerful map for "dynamic" mode (in drive select), and leave "efficiency" and "auto" as the stock maps? Or will they have to update all modes?

The remap will change all Drive Select modes. Changing to "dynamic" doesn't for you more power, just sharper throttle response, more noise and heavier steering.

How about we all just wait until the maps become available before saying what power is (or isn't) actually achievable?

Reactions: warren_S5, S. and S3Alex