8V S3 Tuning Thread

After much deliberating went with BBS XA's

essen-mtm-s3-00001.jpg

look very nice; good choice

Reactions: Joetidman
The more I see 19's the more I really really want a set!! Really difficult justifying to the missus though as I specced the 10 spokes and paid extra doh!!

Reactions: pat15312
They should look really good, look pretty OEM so will defo suit. Get some pics up! Where you get them from? You gone full turbo back Milltek? Non-Res?

Yep :) I changed the order to non-res after I think we spoke on here a few weeks back. I'll get some pics up once I get my car back

Last edited:
funnily enough I'm thinking of changing mine to resonated. It's a bit too loud for me when just driving along normally on motorways etc. Had my missus and baby in the car last week (yep squeezed them in the 3 door!) and I got a of bit of earache about droning!
It's just too much fun when you're giving it the beans tho, especially in built up areas! Dilemma!

Where did you get the wheels from?

funnily enough I'm thinking of changing mine to resonated. It's a bit too loud for me when just driving along normally on motorways etc. Had my missus and baby in the car last week (yep squeezed them in the 3 door!) and I got a of bit of earache about droning!
It's just too much fun when you're giving it the beans tho, especially in built up areas! Dilemma!

Where did you get the wheels from?

Ordered from Prestige Alloys in Birmingham

I've just had confirmation from Milltek that the valves sit in the rear silencer on the OEM system.

So the cost of their DP is confirmed to be based on a steel pipe and a cat!!

Which also gets rid of any worries I had with a custom DP. I don't need to worry about the valve controls.

Welcome back jonny how's the extractor fans? ;)

Didn't know pilot audi had been banned, seriously how does a 50 year old get banned from an Internet forum the delinquent haha.

I'd wait for the APR over the MTM for sure. Literally no one had MTM on the 8p S3 engine they've always been a bit meh. Proper remaps ftw!

The extractor fans are doing great!!

In fact, i started seeing a new girl recently and the first thing she said when she saw the car was "wow i love thise wheels!"

I said "Thanks! Wait until you see the Launch Control"

Safe to say she s**t her pants!!

Oh and asked me whether her Renault Clio "would have a launch control?"

Anyway, great to see this thread has stayed alive! I'm not in any mad rush to have it remapped yet so i'll hold out for the APR software, i hear we'll be able to control it via our iphones or Androids?

Got a bit of catching up to do on the forum!

Reactions: RYuill
Cars back... please excuse the fact its filthy, hammering down with rain here. Will upload some better pics next week once its had a proper clean

IMG 00000429IMG 00000428IMG 00000431IMG 00000432IMG 00000430

On 1st impressions I'm really happy, the sound isn't too intrusive though I have only driven it the few miles home. Its a much nicer engine noise in lower revs especially.

Wheels look much bigger especially from a distance than just going from 18 - 19 would seem. At present I have no intentions to lower it, and the ride quality difference seems minimal if any at all

Reactions: J6YAK, warren_S5 and geefunk1978
Cars back... please excuse the fact its filthy, hammering down with rain here. Will upload some better pics next week once its had a proper clean

View attachment 32302View attachment 32303View attachment 32304View attachment 32305View attachment 32306

On 1st impressions I'm really happy, the sound isn't too intrusive though I have only driven it the few miles home. Its a much nicer engine noise in lower revs especially.

Wheels look much bigger especially from a distance than just going from 18 - 19 would seem. At present I have no intentions to lower it, and the ride quality difference seems minimal if any at all

Dirty embarrassment :) lol

Love those wheels tho, and yea the 1inch makes a big difference - just watch those curbs!

I'd love to upgrade to those 19's but got the Audi tyre maintenance pack, so doubt they'd cover the new size :(

Also.... I've never tried them myself as thought they were a bit pointless, but I bet flush valves would look nice on them

They should look really good, look pretty OEM so will defo suit. Get some pics up! Where you get them from? You gone full turbo back Milltek? Non-Res?

Geefunk...a question, can i assume a turbo back exhaust upgrade would not affect audi warranty?

Geefunk...a question, can i assume a turbo back exhaust upgrade would not affect audi warranty?

I hypothetically asked this question a month or so ago and was told that it would invalidate the engine part of the warranty only

Still went ahead of course.

Reactions: RobH_S3
The extractor fans are doing great!!

In fact, i started seeing a new girl recently and the first thing she said when she saw the car was "wow i love thise wheels!"

I said "Thanks! Wait until you see the Launch Control"

Safe to say she s**t her pants!!

Oh and asked me whether her Renault Clio "would have a launch control?"

Anyway, great to see this thread has stayed alive! I'm not in any mad rush to have it remapped yet so i'll hold out for the APR software, i hear we'll be able to control it via our iphones or Androids?

Got a bit of catching up to do on the forum!

Haha its best when you don't tell em ;)

Tbh id be happy with any of the "big" tuners like GAIC Revo or APR, there all pretty much the same and that phone things probably just a gimmick no one will use after a week, although its good if you need to scan for a fault.

@geefunk that's exactly why I changed from the non res to the res, around town its sooo funny but on the motorway absolute hell.

The scorpion resonated is spot on though, don't know how much it retails for, its not on there website yet anyway.

Last edited:

View attachment 32302View attachment 32303View attachment 32304View attachment 32305View attachment 32306

Looking good mate, even tho its filthy!! Did you go for black tips or are they just dirty?

Can you give me the details of your wheels please? 8.5x19? ET45? And 235/35x19?
Cheers

Haha its best when you don't tell em ;)

Tbh id be happy with any of the "big" tuners like GAIC Revo or APR, there all pretty much the same and that phone things probably just a gimmick no one will use after a week, although its good if you need to scan for a fault.

@geefunk that's exactly why I changed from the non res to the res, around town its sooo funny but on the motorway absolute hell.

The scorpion resonated is spot on though, don't know how much it retails for, its not on there website yet anyway.

Hey Rob,

You still haven't posted any pics of the Scorpion yet! Any chance of posting some up?

Boll*cks ive got some crappy phone pics ill post up, tbh I was thinking Scorpion would have it up on their website by now along with a youtube video, they took the car out with gopro's attached when they had it.

Looking good mate, even tho its filthy!! Did you go for black tips or are they just dirty?

Can you give me the details of your wheels please? 8.5x19? ET45? And 235/35x19?
Cheers

Yeah the tips are matt black, cars being cleaned on Tuesday so will get some better pics up then, weather depending...

Tyres are 235/35r19 Continental Contact Sport 5p AO on a 8.5 wheel with an ET of 46

Ordered from Prestige Wheels in Birmingham, dealt with a sales guy called Delroy who really knew his stuff, would recommend them for anyone looking to change wheels

Reactions: J6YAK
Yeah the tips are matt black, cars being cleaned on Tuesday so will get some better pics up then, weather depending...

Tyres are 235/35r19 Continental Contact Sport 5p AO on a 8.5 wheel with an ET of 46

Ordered from Prestige Wheels in Birmingham, dealt with a sales guy called Delroy who really knew his stuff, would recommend them for anyone looking to change wheels

Sorry for the rude question but how much with tyres? What tyres did you go for?

Scorpion exhaust ;)

Exhaust was a little warm when these photos were taken :racer:

Reactions: warren_S5
All thoughts welcome and will be relayed back to scorpion. I have an idea in mind for a different design, a bit more Audi like.

All thoughts welcome and will be relayed back to scorpion. I have an idea in mind for a different design, a bit more Audi like.

Looks good Rob but I would agree they would look better with a rolled tip.
I would actually like a larger version of the standard Audi quad oval tips which I recon would look great!!

Although I'm not a fan of black tips, as it makes them less visible, and I believe the point is for it to stand out, they need to be doubled walled. Otherwise, as people have mentioned, it looks too WRX.

Yeah seen that but no figures what so ever on pricing or output and its not like there's even a stage 1 map out yet so forget about stage 3.

GAIC are normally the ones doing maps for the loba hybrids and they have nothing out yet and haven't herd of anything impending. Id be tempted to go down this route though if it comes out around 450hp on pump fuel with no WMI needed.

Reactions: pat15312 and ConS3
Agreed with above.

New S3 can easily hit 400hp with a tune, DP, and FMIC. Why go big turbo, which is an exxy path, for 50hp gain?

Proper tune + DP + FMIC will see it at 400.

Just that no one has a tune yet :)

Agreed with above.

New S3 can easily hit 400hp with a tune, DP, and FMIC. Why go big turbo, which is an exxy path, for 50hp gain?

50hp is a decent gain for a hybrid, this isn't a big turbo, its a straight swap and the spool would be very impressive while holding the extra torque and hp at the top end. Have you ever been in a loba 400 car or a loba 4xx car, their very quick. If this is just bolt on with not much needed other than a stage 3 map and the usual mods for stage 2, im in.

All depends on how good the fueling is if the lpfp, hpfp and injectors need doing things get expensive and not worth it.

I agree this car will hit 400hp with a proper tune fmic, downpipe and intake easily if stage 1 is 370hp.

Ah, thought it was a big turbo. My bad.

Still though, looking at the close to £3000 price for the LOBA (plus a whack for install and retune)....that's a boatload for 50hp. That said, you hit the point where you can't go further than 400 horse on these cars, so the only way to go from there is going to be costly, any path you choose.

I'm pretty sure you're going to be looking at an upgraded gearbox to handle the 405 ft lb torque this thing would output too. Then brakes. Then.......

It never ends :)

If your are going to the effort of changing the turbo, I don't see the point in putting in a hybrid replacement. APR seem to be cracking on with a stage 3 kit for the Golf R, might see something commercially available by the end of the year.

Na gearbox is good for 400ftlbs just need good software for it. Haldex controller would be beneficial, some kind of suspensions mods, anti lift kit, brakes and maybe engine mounts, have a few driveshafts in the boot. haha nobody said it was cheap but you got to pay to play.

Perhaps getting ahead of ourselves lets see whats capable on the standard turbo first and the 450hp was just a ballpark figure it may produce 470, 420 who knows.