8V ETKA

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Anyone got ETKA for the 8V yet?

:)

Anyone got ETKA for the 8V yet?

:)

Yes I have an up-to-date copy which I downloaded from a US website - myTouareg.info File Access. You will need to register with the site to get full access but it's free as is the ETKA software.

From this site you can download the basic program, including the latest version 7.4 and then download the regular updates. These are made available approximately once a month. The current price list can also be downloaded.

At the moment the software will only run with 32-bit Windows so if, like me, you run a 64-bit copy, you will need to run it in a 'virtual' pc. If you run a Pro version of Windows you can download the Virtual WXP software free from Microsoft. Alternatively you will need something like VM Ware.

If you need any more information or help, send me a PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schizophonic and Silky-S3
Yes I have an up-to-date copy which I downloaded from a US website - myTouareg.info File Access. You will need to register with the site to get full access but it's free as is the ETKA software.

From this site you can download the basic program, including the latest version 7.4 and then download the regular updates. These are made available approximately once a month. The current price list can also be downloaded.

At the moment the software will only run with 32-bit Windows so if, like me, you run a 64-bit copy, you will need to run it in a 'virtual' pc. If you run a Pro version of Windows you can download the Virtual WXP software free from Microsoft. Alternatively you will need something like VM Ware.

Fantastic! Thanks very much :)

I have the workshop manual which is pretty nice, got that off ebay. ELSAWIN I think they call it.

You got a ebay link mate?

Thanks this might come handy one day. I have just signed up but registration need a valid reason why I want to join up. Sent them a request but lets see if they activate it so I can download the ETKA software. As for running the program, can you not right click on the exe and choose to run in 32bit mode?

You got a ebay link mate?

It was a while ago I got it, but searching audi workshop manual should do it. I think you want version 4.1, there are a few 4.0s on there. That's about all you have to look out for I think.

Can we kep the links off the public forum please guys. VAG wouln't take too kindly on us assisting any piarated software.

Sorry, feel free to delete any of my offending posts

Can we kep the links off the public forum please guys. VAG wouln't take too kindly on us assisting any piarated software.

ETKA is not pirated software. US law means it is freely available provided it is only used for personal use.

Not sure of the position with ELSAWIN when it is purchased from eBay. ETKA used to available on eBay as well but that was stopped some time ago presumable at the request of VAG. Because of the 'block exemption' which allows anyone to service a new VAG model providing they do it to the manufactures specification and using genuine parts the position may be different.

Last edited:
Thanks this might come handy one day. I have just signed up but registration need a valid reason why I want to join up. Sent them a request but lets see if they activate it so I can download the ETKA software. As for running the program, can you not right click on the exe and choose to run in 32bit mode?

The website where ETKA is made available say, if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you will need to run it in a virtual environment. The main exe may run by right-clicking and choosing 32-bit mode but there a very large number of other files that are run and these may not run properly. I have not tried the 'run in 32-bit mode' option. It can take a long time to install all the files and updates and the program will only run if it's had all but the very latest update applied so I decided to run in the way they suggested rather than possibly have to install it twice.

Think you find etka versions on the internet are "pirated" whey else would they protect the software with serial numbers and hasp dongles, and lock out the vin download. Even if it is allowed in the US for some mad reason the laws are different for Europe.

Think you find etka versions on the internet are "pirated" whey else would they protect the software with serial numbers and hasp dongles, and lock out the vin download. Even if it is allowed in the US for some mad reason the laws are different for Europe.

That's the beauty of the internet. ETKA appears to be available in the US and using the internet we can access the site. Does not really matter what the rules are in Europe. The lockout of the VIN number is purely because, as we are not dealers, we do not have access to the VAG computer system.

Makes no difference were you got the software from, it's same as downloading movies & music if you get caught you can get done! I'm also running 7.4 at home, and on previous versions you used to be able to download vin numbers (There was no user name & password required) but as more and more pirated version of etka got out there they password protected it