AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: B&O Speaker Lights

Reverse Gear

Status

B&O Speaker Lights

Hi

I've got s 63 plate A3 Sportback with the B&O system and interior light pack (the two together look very nice driving at night).

Anyway, the front speaks are lit as you'd expect with the B&O system, but the back speakers do not light up at all. They look identical and it looks like the light strip is there on the rear speakers but cannot get them to light.

Played with all the settings in the car, front zone, rear zone, footwell, all etc...

So, is this all in vein, or are the back speakers not supposed to light up anyway!?

Stevo

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Sadly the lights are only in the front grills.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Darn it!

Cheers for the confirmation though.

3rd Gear

Status
    Steve, please could you post pics of the interior lit up at night ?
    Louay likes this.

Full LED baby !

Status
    Last edited by snowfree52; 26th October 2013 at 20:35.
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

1st Gear

Status
    Oh my that's gorgeous. I wish I got that now
    RYuill likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    I absolutely love that picture
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I'm hoping you can retrofit just the B&O speaker grills

4th Gear

Status
    That looks mint!
    Loving the new interior even more
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    Yep, the interior light pack makes the cabin look really classy. The car looks great to drive at night, and the B&O speaker lights look awesome.

Even the standard interior roof lights that come on when you stop the engine or unlock the car etc. look really good. Its a really clear white light, and it just looks so much nicer than the standard ones.

Also the red lights in the doors and the footwell lights etc. make a big difference. £170 definitely well spent
    RobbieWebs and Buneet like this.
    Audi A3 Sportback 8V 1.6 TDI S-Line S-Tronic. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Electric Heated/Folding Mirrors, Hold Assist, Interior Light Pack, SD Satellite Navigation, DAB Radio, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Autoglym Lifeshine

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StefRobinson View Post
    Yep, the interior light pack makes the cabin look really classy. The car looks great to drive at night, and the B&O speaker lights look awesome.

Even the standard interior roof lights that come on when you stop the engine or unlock the car etc. look really good. Its a really clear white light, and it just looks so much nicer than the standard ones.

Also the red lights in the doors and the footwell lights etc. make a big difference. £170 definitely well spent
    More like £170 that shouldn't really need to be spent!
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    I would love it if you could. Does anyone know the answer to this? It would have been better if Audi made the LED strip a standard fit on all the speakers.
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looks awesome, I've gone for the B&O light pack too. Pretty happy if it looks like that.

5th Gear

Status
    The demo car at Derby has B&O and it really is epic.

The LED white strips on the speakers are very nice actually, not tacky at all - subtle but remind you every time you see them that you've spent £750 on hi-fi for the car!!
    paullowther likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

4th Gear

Status
    The led strips are a real classy touch. Never seen them on car speaker grills before. LED's really have changed the industry lately.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

5th Gear

Status
    When I sat in an A1 at Leicester a few days so I noticed that it had nice bright white LEDs under the drivers doors when they were opened, as puddle lights.

Does the A3/S3 have these when you buy the LED interior light pack??
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    When I sat in an A1 at Leicester a few days so I noticed that it had nice bright white LEDs under the drivers doors when they were opened, as puddle lights.

Does the A3/S3 have these when you buy the LED interior light pack??
    Yes it does mate.
    paullowther likes this.

5th Gear

Status

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    cool, glad I added the lights - B&O for me was a given as it wasn't expensive for a car stereo upgrade - ive always spent £2-3000 on car stereos

Neutral

Status
    wow! i've not long ordered my new S-line sportback with B&O sound system and interior light pack.......looks ace!!!

Neutral

Status
    light pack and B&O FTW, that looks bloody great
    B8 S4 supercharged goodness..

Neutral

Status
    And it sounds good too! ;-)

Neutral

Status
    Interior lights look awesome.

I wonder what does a normal A3 without the interior lights package look like at night? Anyone got a comparison photo?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
    And it sounds good too! ;-)
    Your not wrong there, my S4 is the first car ive had B&O in and its impressive, think i rate it more than the Harman Kardon i had in the M3.

Not heard one in a S3 yet but having those fancy LED's is worth the cost alone haha

That interior pic has made the B8 look dated!!
    B8 S4 supercharged goodness..

2nd Gear

Status
    the A3 B&O system is better than the A4/5 system too

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    I wish mine had the illumination on the MMI touch pad and the cup holders
    smudger69 likes this.
    My14 S3 3 Door (Audi Ireland Press Car) in Masano Red

Options - Misano Red - MMI Navigation Plus (no DAB as it is not available here) - Audi Connect - Fine Nappa - Heated Seats - Heated Seats - Metallic Paint - 18" 5 Parallel Spoke Star Design Alloy Wheels - Bang & Olufsen Sound System

Standard - Bluetooth
    - Drive Select - Music Interface - Presence Basic - Auto Headlight Range Adj - Exterior Chrome - Rear Park Assist - Xenon Lights with LED daytime running lights

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    That would be awesome if they did. I can't see why not... probably a 2 hour job max.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow oufc1976 On Twitter
    I wish I had the budget to have gone for this.

Company car so I had to work within a fixed monthly lease price.

And to get B&O and Light Pack I'd have had to drop from 2.0Tdi S-Line to the 1.6

And I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe should have based on the pics and my hatred for the standard audio system!!
    8V A3 Saloon 2.0 TDi S-Line. Daytona Grey. SD Sat Nav. Privacy Glass.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydougle View Post
    That would be awesome if they did. I can't see why not... probably a 2 hour job max.
    This was covered before on another thread, you have to buy the whole door trim then find somehow to wire it all in..
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    This was covered before on another thread, you have to buy the whole door trim then find somehow to wire it all in..
    Ouchie... that sounds like it's going to be expensive. Ah well, it was a nice thought while it lasted.

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah, approx £400 per door card. Ouch indeed.
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Yeah, approx £400 per door card. Ouch indeed.
    I think only my after market sub-woofer will be installed in that case... for all the Beethoven classics I'm going to be listening to.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydougle View Post
    Yes they do!
    It's called: "Audi Fully Utilised Comfort Kit".
    Or as Audi internal staffs refer to as: A.F.U.C.K

It will be on the MY16 spec as a $100 option.

Thank you very much, please come again!

Reverse Gear

Status
    First post

I have the B&O speaker option on my new Sportback. The lighting does look very nice but is there a way to dim the lights a bit? I find them a little distracting at night when i'm driving on an unlit road.

5th Gear

Status
    Yes, should be a setting under the MMI comfort options to dim the lights. Think they are labeled as "front" or "door".

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Yes, should be a setting under the MMI comfort options to dim the lights. Think they are labeled as "front" or "door".
    Thanks, will check in the morning and report back I've only come across general interior and exterior lighting options so far.

5th Gear

Status
    Ah, maybe you can't select them if you don't have the light pack? Seems odd though.

Neutral

Status
    Don't if it helps but i have read that changing the dashboard lighting dimmer also makes a difference with certain lights.
    Current car - 09 plate - Audi A3 (8p) 140 TDI Black Edition - Misano Red
    Ordered - Audi A3 (8v) 2.0 TDI S-Line - BW27 - 1 Sep 14 pick up - Daytona Grey - Tech pack High w/ Phone prep, B&O sound system and Interior lighting pack - S-Line Suspension

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok so the option to dim the B&O speaker lights on my car was... MMI > Car > Systems > Background lighting. See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Foshiznik likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Haha, just browsing this thread after it was resurrected a week or so ago and never realised the pic of my car had been quoted here.

Glad everyone seems to like it so much, can't believe it's been 18 months since I got it already!
    mjcourtney and Foshiznik like this.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast