B&O Speaker Lights

Your car pics are my saviour during the 4 1/2 month wait i have for mine. Very similar specs, so i can look at yours and imagine it on my drive... :sly:

Reactions: Vertigo1
Your car pics are my saviour during the 4 1/2 month wait i have for mine. Very similar specs, so i can look at yours and imagine it on my drive... :sly:

Does anybody's B&O speaker lights dip down once the car is in motion? They are fully lit when the door is open but once I start moving they dip. Is this normal?

Does anybody's B&O speaker lights dip down once the car is in motion? They are fully lit when the door is open but once I start moving they dip. Is this normal?
Same problem here. Did you solve it? The B&O light turn off when I close the doors. I took the car to the Audi dealership for this problem, my car is still under warranty (2 months old) they kept the car a whole week and are still searching for the problem... The lights were on when I was driving at night for the first few weeks. Hope they will fix it... Let me know if your problem was solved.

Same issue here, the lights are not always on and dim to off when the door closes so my question is why do some stay on and others go off like mine?

Same issue here, the lights are not always on and dim to off when the door closes so my question is why do some stay on and others go off like mine?

When it dims is the headlight on or off? Which position is the headlight switch? Auto?
Maybe it works off the auto headlight sensor.
Never noticed if mine are on or off during the day but at night it’s always on

I tried all the positions with no effects.... The weirdest part of the story for me is that it was on all the time at night for the first couple of weeks... I would love to have them back at night, it really adds a nice touch to the interior. Still waiting for Audi's answer. If Audi simply reduced the light function to only when you get inside the car, I think that they would have already answered me that it is the way it has to be. This delay seems to prove that something is wrong. I will contact them in January and post their answer, if they had one...

I tried all the positions with no effects.... The weirdest part of the story for me is that it was on all the time at night for the first couple of weeks... I would love to have them back at night, it really adds a nice touch to the interior. Still waiting for Audi's answer. If Audi simply reduced the light function to only when you get inside the car, I think that they would have already answered me that it is the way it has to be. This delay seems to prove that something is wrong. I will contact them in January and post their answer, if they had one...

Just posting in here for future reference for when you get an answer to this.

Hi all,
I phoned my Audi dealership a couple weeks ago, tired of waiting for them to do so.
The answer I had was that they were still waiting for an answer from Audi France (I am French), and that they were going to phone them asap. And again, they are totally silent since.
For those catching up with the thread, my A3 was purchased brand new in october, is My19 and the LEDs was on all the time the first couple weeks, I still remember playing with the brightness of all the ambiant lights while driving, including the B&O ones.
If you have the same problem, please report the problem to Audi, I am sure this is an anomaly that can be fixed.

Hi all,
Did you guys had any answer to this problem? I phoned my Audi dealer yesterday, 2 month after our last conversation, a technician was supposed to call me back cause they were busy, but they didn't... I am planning to write to Audi France to have a proper answer.
Let me know if your situation has evolved.

New meeting at my Audi Dealership. They have been contacted by Audi France, cause the technical case has been opened more than 6 months ago without results. This morning they did photos and videos of my car, showing the now useless door ambient light parameter, showing also that the led on the speaker switches off once the door is closed. Apparently this should be treated by some Audi ingeneers, probably in Germany. To be continued...

Hi guys.
My Audi dealer finally got an answer from Germany. They seem to have an update for the mmi.
I will take my car to them on Monday to operate the update of the code.
If it finally work as intended, I will give you all the informations needed for you to work with your dealer.
After a year, it seems that the lights are gonna shine again on these doors at night...

Reactions: ASBOST
Hi guys.
My Audi dealer finally got an answer from Germany. They seem to have an update for the mmi.
I will take my car to them on Monday to operate the update of the code.
If it finally work as intended, I will give you all the informations needed for you to work with your dealer.
After a year, it seems that the lights are gonna shine again on these doors at night...

Xavier you will be a prince among men if you get this to work and can share the details. I still haven't had any luck from Audi UK and really want these lights on at night! This will be a nice Christmas present! Thank you in Xavier! :)

Reactions: Xavier Collange
Hi guys,

I just come back from Audi and the lights on the doors are bright again while driving, I can change the brightness in the ambient lights parameters (door lights).
I could also speak to the technician who followed the whole process of getting the lights back to life. He told me about how it has been difficult for him to find a solution. He told me he found a RS3 with the lights working fine, but Audi France told him that the comparaison was not right cause my car is a 1.0l, so there was no problem on my car. But this answer did not satisfied him so he decided to go further, opening a level 2 technical problem. Then the problem was sent from a place to another at Audi, to finally arrive in Germany, during more than a year. He had to reopen the case few weeks ago cause it was auto-archived in the intranet as a year had passed. He told me never a problem took him that long to be solved during his whole career.
Now, he told me he could not give me the svm code, but he was going to reply to Audi Germany, saying that the problem was solved but not isolated, that many customers around the world had the same problem. Audi is probably going to send an internal notice to their dealers around the world and add the solution to the list of technical problems in there database.
Sorry I can not help you more, it seems that the dealers have to do their job.

So if your car is still under warranty or not, do not give up, put pressure on your dealer, your car is not working the way it should. It took me over a year, it should be much quicker now, Audi in Germany is aware of the problem.

I wish I could have bring you an easy solution...

Hi guys,

I just come back from Audi and the lights on the doors are bright again while driving, I can change the brightness in the ambient lights parameters (door lights).
I could also speak to the technician who followed the whole process of getting the lights back to life. He told me about how it has been difficult for him to find a solution. He told me he found a RS3 with the lights working fine, but Audi France told him that the comparaison was not right cause my car is a 1.0l, so there was no problem on my car. But this answer did not satisfied him so he decided to go further, opening a level 2 technical problem. Then the problem was sent from a place to another at Audi, to finally arrive in Germany, during more than a year. He had to reopen the case few weeks ago cause it was auto-archived in the intranet as a year had passed. He told me never a problem took him that long to be solved during his whole career.
Now, he told me he could not give me the svm code, but he was going to reply to Audi Germany, saying that the problem was solved but not isolated, that many customers around the world had the same problem. Audi is probably going to send an internal notice to their dealers around the world and add the solution to the list of technical problems in there database.
Sorry I can not help you more, it seems that the dealers have to do their job.

So if your car is still under warranty or not, do not give up, put pressure on your dealer, your car is not working the way it should. It took me over a year, it should be much quicker now, Audi in Germany is aware of the problem.

I wish I could have bring you an easy solution...

if this was an MMI update go into your settings and see what version number you are running and post it here. It might be at least part of the solution. Next would be a full vcds scan.

Can't find the firmware version.. you have a way to find it? It seems he changed a parameter with an svm code. So if you have a vcds, it might be doable to change the way the lights work. But I have no knowledge in this software.

As I wrote before, best is to see with you local dealer, tell them it has stopped working, it worked before, and if needed, that you know someone who it happened too, and that it has been fixed for him. You paid for it, not cheap, the lights are included in the pack.

Can't find the firmware version.. you have a way to find it? It seems he changed a parameter with an svm code. So if you have a vcds, it might be doable to change the way the lights work. But I have no knowledge in this software.
SVM codes are just a way of triggering a predetermined action or sequence via the official VW group service tool, for example 1V12B could be to trigger a VCDS style long coding change to active needle sweep or it could be used to trigger a full on software / firmware update, instructing the tool to enter service mode and search for SD card update media with XXXX reference number. At the end of the sequence the operator is presented with a works summary of what’s been completed.

Am guessing that the action in question was a parameter change as opposed to a software update, (cannot see how mmi firmware would affect lighting but you never know) of which your version can be seen within the MMI settings menu. Need to wait for your MMI to have fully booted up to see it. Not sure what the latest version is for Delphi or Technisat units is as I don’t patch / hack these but Harman (technology pack) is 1326. If your version is higher than this then your fix was a full on update.

I don't have B&O but have retro fitted the door panel that I bought from ebay. I have also managed to get the back one to work using the strips that you use for dash and door cards slipping in in and hey presto it works

I don't have B&O but have retro fitted the door panel that I bought from ebay. I have also managed to get the back one to work using the strips that you use for dash and door cards slipping in in and hey presto it works
Have you got any part numbers or details of what u had to do for front and rear led?