AH FabricationsChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Coxy234

Thread: Heated seats - It's getting cold - Do I need them?

Neutral

Status

Heated seats - It's getting cold - Do I need them?

I currently have heated leather seats in my VW Golf GTI.

I'm currently specifying a new A3 but I'm not going to go for leather seats. It will be the S-Line model, so just the standard half leather on the bolsters. As it's now getting cold just wondering if the standard S-Line seats feel 'cold' without heated seats? Or is it worth me specifying heated seats?

My current leather seats feel cold in the winter, so having them heated is a must, but I'm not so sure I'd need them on the S-Line seats.
    Last edited by ahfh1; 25th October 2013 at 08:42.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Been using mine a lot recently, really nice It's not that bad without them but it's a nice extra.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    In my opinion you only need heated seats with leather. Save some cash and spend it on something else. I know it's not that cold yet, but I can't see it being an issue with my sline seats.
    JohnnyM100 likes this.
    Audi A3 Sportback 1.4 COD S Line
    Glacier White, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Comfort Package, Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, SD Sat Nav.

Neutral

Status
    I have the standard S-Line seats in mine and i think they are great. Warm in the winter and cool in the summer as leather is cold in the winter and oftn sticky in the summer.
    If i would have had the chance to spec mine up tho i would have gone for leather and heated seats but can honestly say i dont miss them not being there now i have the car. It is a nice option to have but if it means having leather to get the heated seats it may become an expensive option as im not sure if you can have heated cloth seats ??
    2013 (63) Audi A3 1.8TFSi Sportback Manual S-Line in Glacier White,Privacy Glass, Xenons,Sat-Nav,

3rd Gear

Status
    I've ordered heated biathlon seats so that is possible. Not just for the general warmth in the winter but its great for pre-heating my lower back on the way to the gym and sporting activities.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

6th Gear

Status
    Made for a very pleasant journey in this morning. I don't have S-line but do have the Alcantara/Leather split seats. I'd say it's not a necessity to have them, but it definitely makes it a nicer place to be overall.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Personally, I'm a fan of heated seats in a car, although it makes more sense if you have alcantara or full leather as they tend to be colder than cloth seats. You could probably quite easily get away without it on the part-cloth part-leather standard S-Line seats, however.

One thing I find is that the heated seats warm up quicker than the car interior warming up through just using the heating.
    Collected: Audi A3 8V Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic S-Line. Ice Silver, Alu Roof Rails, Audi Side Assist, B&O Audio, Comfort Pack (w/ACC, Parking System Plus & Park Assist), Sports Suspension, Elec Folding Mirrors, Ext Interior Mono-Pur, Fine Nappa Seats, Heated Front Seats, Hill Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, Non-Smoking Package, Pano Glass Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Reversing Camera, Technology Package, Load-Through System, Tyre Pressure Monitor. 4 Year Warranty

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Smythy On Twitter Add Smythy on Facebook Visit Smythy's Instagram Channel
    I live in Brisbane Australia and I still use them all the time. Why when I live in one of the warmest sections of Australia but the come in handy so often.

I use them to help me warmup and also cool down after exercise.
    MY14 Audi A3 1.8TFSi Sportback Manual S-Line Daytona with SSP1 Wheels, Technik Package, Comfort Package and Assistance Package.

Neutral

Status
    I deliberated over the very same thing when I ordered mine the other day. If I had gone with leather, I would have definitely opted for heated seats. I have left the S Line seats as standard and feel that as they are not full leather, the material shouldn't get too cold in the winter.
    2014 1.4 TFSi S Line Manual Sportback in Glacier White with comfort pack, heated seats, Audi music system, panoramic roof, privacy glass, tyre pressure monitoring system & hold assist

1st Gear

Status
    I have the standard s-line seats, but I immediately specced the heated seats when I ordered the car. I love them, and think they are great for cold winter mornings. They still work well on the part cloth/leather options.
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.