Auto Dimming interior mirror and auto lights

brylhal

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just brought myself a 3dr 8v S-Line 2nd hand (400 miles on the clock). It has from what i can work out the basic s-line spec + sd nav.

the car was a replacement for my 2yr old Scirocco which had auto dimming interior mirrors, auto wipers and auto lights. The A3 appears only to have the auto wipers....

Now, am i able to retro-fit the auto dimming interior mirror and auto lights? is it just a case of buying the mirror and light switch and coding with VCDS (i have a fully licence version)?

Cheers, Chris

Picture if you are interested

image by chrisjohngalloway, on Flickr

Hi Chris, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice car. Where you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Brylhal and welcome :)
Nice looking car ;) NHN is your man for retrofitting, I'm sure he will be along soon.
Will the car have the relevant sensors fitted? I know the sensor for the mirror is in the mirror so that should be easy enough but I'm not sure where the sensor for the lights are? Light switch will also need changing.

Reactions: NHN
I thought the auto wipers and auto lights were combined into the "rain and light sensor package". I didn't think they were available separately, at least not in a UK spec 8V. If you have one I'd have thought you should have the other.

I thought the auto wipers and auto lights were combined into the "rain and light sensor package". I didn't think they were available separately, at least not in a UK spec 8V. If you have one I'd have thought you should have the other.

That's what i though, but its defiantly a uk spec car with only auto wipers.

PM me your vin, so I can see what's fitted currently, then we can see whether its got anything codable or needs an install.

I have the car data, but can you show me a closeup of the mirror back from the front of the car, as it looks like it has a wire channel in place already, I need to confirm the screen.

yes it has the wire channel. the light was going and it was difficult to take the photo from the front of the car so i hope this will do.

image by chrisjohngalloway, on Flickr

PM me your vin, so I can see what's fitted currently, then we can see whether its got anything codable or needs an install.

Sorry to hijack the thread but is there anyway I can use my vin like I could with Ford's etis?

I did say from the front of the car lol.

Ideally need to see a closeup externally as though it was the back of the mirror, also take pics of the interior part of the mirror.

Sorry this got forgotten, did you get anywhere your side?

Not really. Doesn't look like its something anyone has done yet.

After living with the car for a few months all i really miss from my scirocco is the auto-dimming mirror so its defiantly something i want to try and get sorted.