Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: B&O Playlist

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dstama View Post
    How good is the sound system? Has anyone come from a MK6 Golf R or GTI with the premium sound option? How does it compare to that for example or to an aftermarket system?
    Yes I've compared it to a mk6 golf with the Dynaudio system, and the b&o blows it out of the water. Most obvious difference is volume and power, but other factors are much clearer bass and a better balanced soundstage.

I've not compared it to an after market system, but I should imagine it would cost you best part of £750 to find something comparable anyway.
    paullowther likes this.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    The first song I 'll be playing should give the system a real good workout (skip to 45secs for the drop).

Sub Focus - Tidal Wave Feat. Alpines (Flosstradamus Remix)

I'm still about a fortnight away from getting my S3 so if anyone is interested in giving it a try, let me know how the B&O copes!
    Louay likes this.
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

4th Gear

Status
    People keep taking about aftermarket systems, can anyone point me towards the most high end brands?
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Yes I've compared it to a mk6 golf with the Dynaudio system, and the b&o blows it out of the water. Most obvious difference is volume and power, but other factors are much clearer bass and a better balanced soundstage.

I've not compared it to an after market system, but I should imagine it would cost you best part of £750 to find something comparable anyway.
    Awesome... thanks for the reply. Our S3's haven't arrived here in Australia yet so haven't even seen/driven the car yet!

1st Gear

Status
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yb0Sp1h...%3Dyb0Sp1hSTN8

this was always great for EQing venues when helping out as a sound engineer in my student days.

6th Gear

Status
    Coming from A3 and A7 with Bose and a couple of A5s with B&O I was very disappointed with the standard system and the £250 'Audi ' system we had to go B&O . I think it is sad that Audi rip us off with the cost of options in the uk. Look at the cost of the Pan Roof on French and German configurations. Hill hold free across the EU apart from uk. May be a good earner but hacks folks off when they find out.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    I think it is sad that Audi rip us off with the cost of options in the uk. Look at the cost of the Pan Roof on French and German configurations. Hill hold free across the EU apart from uk. May be a good earner but hacks folks off when they find out.
    Hill hold is not free here in Finland either, it costs 147€ = 123£
    I don't know what do you pay for the other extras but here's a few more examples from Finland:
    B&O = 1385€ = 1160£

Panoramic roof = 1667€ = 1396£

S-Line, only exterior = 1765€, but if you want the S-Line sport package(interior upgrade also, which means seats, steering wheel..etc) which is the one everybody has in UK, I assume, it will be in total 1765€ + 3628€ = 5393€ = 4517£.

That sounds like a rip off for me.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gneera View Post
    Hill hold is not free here in Finland either, it costs 147€ = 123£
    I don't know what do you pay for the other extras but here's a few more examples from Finland:
    B&O = 1385€ = 1160£

Panoramic roof = 1667€ = 1396£

S-Line, only exterior = 1765€, but if you want the S-Line sport package(interior upgrade also, which means seats, steering wheel..etc) which is the one everybody has in UK, I assume, it will be in total 1765€ + 3628€ = 5393€ = 4517£.

That sounds like a rip off for me.
    Hill Hold wasn't free in Belgium either.

4th Gear

Status
    It's only a rip off if you have to pay it. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy hill hold assist... I didn't. Audi has a business to run and I'd imagine that they make most of their profits from selling options. You can't blame them for charging us if we're the ones willing to pay! It makes good business sense & it's the way the world works.

You could argue McDonald's rip us off for charging £3 for a burger that costs them pennies to make. You could argue my own business rips people off by selling bean bags for £100 that cost me £8 in materials. The fact is though I, just like Audi, have to make back the money for the initial r&d costs as well as the costs associated with buying very expensive machinery and so on...

Yes hill hold might be included for free on a focus or something similar but the overall build quality of the car is miles apart and quality does cost. Hell, I reckon the Audi comes with a bunch of tech that you wouldn't find standard on a Ferrari.
    Flugel Hound likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Full LED baby !

Status
    nor in France ...
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Paullowther, sure I understand that. It's their business strategy.

I'm just saying that it feels a little bit unfair, if you compare prices between germany and finland for example.
    B&O in germany = 790€
    B&O in finland = 1385€
    Pan roof in germany = 950€
    Pan roof in finland = 1667€

Extras are about 75% more expensive here, of course there's also taxing system which affects the price.

And you're right, nobody is forced the buy those extras, but they are so niiice..
    Flugel Hound likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    You could argue my own business rips people off by selling bean bags for £100 that cost me £8 in materials.
    Clearly it does... you can afford to buy an S3 at a young age

6th Gear

Status
    Surprised you admit that Paul. Think I will make my own! ;-)
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

6th Gear

Status
    Back to op.

Yellow Flag sounds awesome. Queen Bicycle race, bat out of hell. Etc etc

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Surprised you admit that Paul. Think I will make my own! ;-)
    Aha I figured it's rather obvious that polystyrene beans and a roll of uncut cotton don't cost that much! It's the machines that are required to cut the fabric and the labour that's costly!

4th Gear

Status
    Here's hoping this link works for people.

Thanks for all the suggestions and I've tried to incorporate as many as I could find. There is a wide mix of genres as I enjoy most kinds of music apart from shouty screamy stuff!

My favourite artists may have 2 or 3 songs featured but other than that there isn't much repetition!

People are still welcome to remind me of more songs to add in. As it stands I have 78 tracks lasting 5 hours. Should last me the journey back!S3 by Paul Lowther on Spotify
    Daveotto and Danners78 like this.

4th Gear

Status
    79 tracks.

Neutral

Status
    amazing, is there anyway we can download these without having to buy individually. I don't have spottily mobile, is this how you're planning on playing these tracks on the system?

I think I want to download to my SDHC card.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post
    amazing, is there anyway we can download these without having to buy individually. I don't have spottily mobile, is this how you're planning on playing these tracks on the system?

I think I want to download to my SDHC card.
    You'll need spotify mobile to be able to play these unfortunately, £9 or whatever it is a month will do the job.

Then what you can do is save them locally to your device so you don't need a data connection to play the tracks, effectively works like downloading but you won't be able to put them on a card unless you buy them!

I love spotify, it's saved my thousands over the years!

Neutral

Status
    ... but then will you get the bit rate to get the most out of the B&O sound?

Neutral

Status
    For me these have made my hairs stand up so far but I suppose it's all personal :-

(1) Tiesto Tear in the open (this is really good up loud)
    (2) Fleetwood mac everywhere
    (3) Black eyed peas boom boom pow

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post
    ... but then will you get the bit rate to get the most out of the B&O sound?
    Spotify 'Extreme' offers 320kbps tracks which makes them virtually indistinguishable from CD so yes, you'll be able experience the best the b&o has to offer! That comes with Spotify premium.
    Danners78 likes this.

Lurker

Status
    Anything off the Bob Marley album Legend.. The base is incredible, honestly. Whether you like his music or not it's worth a listen as the B&O system loves this album.
    8V 1.8 TFSI S-line Sportback
    Daytona Grey | B&O | Privacy Glass | Tech pack | Comfort pack | Interior Light pack | Through Load facility | Sports Suspension |
    Mods to fit | Ali pedals | H&R Spacers 10mm front & 15mm rear |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12