e-mail function only available with audi connect?

Tom75

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was reading around in the MMI manual and there it says that if you have your phone connected to the MMI via blutooth it is also possible if the MAP profile is activated in blutooth settings. However in my phone menu on the MMI I don't even have the e-mail option, only messages which are text messages.

Is it possible to activate this function or is it only available with audi connect maybe or does it have other reasons for not working?

Would be very nice if I could get this working.

Thanks and Regards,
Tom

Yes I was wondering about this too. Obviously there needs to be somehow that the MMI connect can communicate to the outside world through a mobile network but the connect system can use your mobile to do this through tethering and doesn't actually need a sims slot. In looking at the Audi connect system it appears to use Google so I am wondering if it is android based but I'm no expert.

I think it's only with Connect. I've seen mention of it anyway, but not set it up or got it to work on mine. I'll have to find where I saw this and see if I can set it up.

Connect doesn't 'use' android, or any other operating system - it's just the GSM/3G modem to communicate with the outside world with a SIM card (or the ability to use RSAP on your phone), that's about it.

Yes, as I said above. You still need the connect option though, you can't do it without that.

Hi, of course not, goes without saying. We are just trying to find out if it has just been disabled within the MMI software and whether it might be possible to activate it....

There's no mention of email services within that manual though

No, but I was illustrating the point that a physical sims card socket isn't needed to run connect thus it might be something purely either disabled within mms or something that can be programmed in.

It would still need a GSM/3G modem, not sure if that would be in there or not.