Small query for existing A3 owners

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
On my existing 2012 Sportback the DIS computer is operated by a button on the right-hand steering column lever. Is that still the case on the 8V or have they moved on to the multi-function steering wheel like the Golf VII.

It's also moved on the steering wheel with the 8V.

There's an option to select which display you want using the controls on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Then you can cycle through the different bits of information with the left thumb wheel.

Depends on whether you order the multi-functional steering wheel or not...

Depends on whether you order the multi-functional steering wheel or not...

How is it controlled if you don't order the MF steering wheel. If I do buy a new 8V it will be an SE model which comes with the MF Steering wheel as standard. In fact, looking at the Pricing and Specification Guide, the Sport and S-Line models also come with the MF wheel.

Is it? Thought it was sport and above. Could be wrong though. The owners handbook certainly mentions the wiper stalk version - perhaps that will be for the supposed 'standard' version to slot in below SE at some point that I have heard about.

Is it? Thought it was sport and above. Could be wrong though. The owners handbook certainly mentions the wiper stalk version - perhaps that will be for the supposed 'standard' version to slot in below SE at some point that I have heard about.

SE steering wheel:

Ah yeh, it's 4 spoke rather than 3 isn't it? Knew there was a difference somewhere.