Badger5AH Fabrications

Small query for existing A3 owners

On my existing 2012 Sportback the DIS computer is operated by a button on the right-hand steering column lever. Is that still the case on the 8V or have they moved on to the multi-function steering wheel like the Golf VII.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    It's also moved on the steering wheel with the 8V.

There's an option to select which display you want using the controls on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Then you can cycle through the different bits of information with the left thumb wheel.
    Audi A3 Sportback 8V 1.6 TDI S-Line S-Tronic. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Electric Heated/Folding Mirrors, Hold Assist, Interior Light Pack, SD Satellite Navigation, DAB Radio, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Autoglym Lifeshine

6th Gear

Status
    Depends on whether you order the multi-functional steering wheel or not...
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Depends on whether you order the multi-functional steering wheel or not...
    How is it controlled if you don't order the MF steering wheel. If I do buy a new 8V it will be an SE model which comes with the MF Steering wheel as standard. In fact, looking at the Pricing and Specification Guide, the Sport and S-Line models also come with the MF wheel.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

4th Gear

Status
    As far as I'm aware, the MF steering wheel is standard for all 8v models.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

6th Gear

Status
    Is it? Thought it was sport and above. Could be wrong though. The owners handbook certainly mentions the wiper stalk version - perhaps that will be for the supposed 'standard' version to slot in below SE at some point that I have heard about.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Is it? Thought it was sport and above. Could be wrong though. The owners handbook certainly mentions the wiper stalk version - perhaps that will be for the supposed 'standard' version to slot in below SE at some point that I have heard about.
    SE steering wheel:

A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

6th Gear

Status
    Ah yeh, it's 4 spoke rather than 3 isn't it? Knew there was a difference somewhere.