AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Panther Black S3 8V ?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    The colour looks almost like liquid !
    Isn't that what one of the terminators was made of?
    Louay, the_lecht_rocks and Itguy like this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Isn't that what one of the terminators was made of?
    daft lad

5th Gear

Status
    Some Panther pics from today... god it sparkles

Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

3rd Gear

Status
    Probably the best colour ever created for an S3..............

4th Gear

Status
    If carlsberg did S3 colours
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    It's a shame, if you can't afford it you just can't have it........ The greatest s3 colour available !

3rd Gear

Status
    Calling paullowther to the thread with his pet panther.

Banned

Status
    Just heard our spec is not yet locked . Mrs likes purple panther ?????

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Just heard our spec is not yet locked . Mrs likes purple panther ?????
    literal LOL........

Banned

Status
    But I like Phantom ;-)

Banned

Status
    But I like Phantom ;-)
    Had a morning in an S3 S Tronic in Panther Black.. awesome to drive and the S Tronic really suits the car.Panther, well first time we had seen one in the flesh and yes I'm sure it shines and sparkles with flashbulbs and strong sunlight but in the grey skies yesterday it looked very flat and less shiny than our current Phantom car. In fact we questioned the sales guy as to if it really was Panther.. it was.Anyway our S3 is now locked and we are sticking with Manual and Phantom Black..... getting impatient now but only a couple of months or so to go!!

3rd Gear

Status
    rubbish, you want Panther and STronic but can't have neither , so are trying to justify your selection mwahahahahaha

4th Gear

Status
    rubbish, you want Panther and STronic but can't have neither , so are trying to justify your selection mwahahahahaha
    AND.....

He wants my 19" extractor fans...

Come on Pilot, we won't mind if you change your spec....all will be forgiven
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

Banned

Status
    No folks I am quite happy with my spec, particularly seeing the Panther in dull light.. As for S Tronic... maybe next time, it is very suited to the car but on balance prefer Gears.As for the ASDA extractor fans, had OEM 19in been available I would probably have had them. I'm told the Saloon 19in will not fit the SB, can't think why?

3rd Gear

Status
    Lol, so let's get this right.You've read and posted on the Panther Schwarz thread that you like Phantom and consider Panther dull.You concede that STronic is your preference but you've bought manual.You've bought 18" wheels but prefer 19".All in all, you're in a great place

3rd Gear

Status
    And the 19" saloon alloy will run 225/35/19 tyres giving the same effective rolling radius as the 225/40/18'so no reason at all that they will not fit !

Banned

Status

Cool

Have a nice day Mr Rock ;-)I thought this thread was for comments on Panther primarily and a few asides as happen from time to time.. for example when we mention Politicians we can't help thinking about ar5eholes.. get it ? On the wheels I understand the maths BUT the wheel itself is a different size and someone posted that the Saloon 19in wheel will not be a proper fit on SB.. don't know any more than that mate.

3rd Gear

Status
    so they've redesigned the hub and the PCD of the bolting pattern just for one car out of the whole range ? don't be daft, i think you're talking noinsense. regarding your other comments, I think the expresion is " doth the lady do protest too much"..........

3rd Gear

Status
    Perhaps heard this before somewhere but please, stay on thread............
    VeeDubDan likes this.

Banned

Status
    Absolutely Craig.. I feel I am being wound up. I am only feeding back what I was told when looking at a Panther Black S3!! Nice(ish) colour it is too ;-)

6th Gear

Status
    It might be down to the size of the discs and the offset as I am sure that the S3 has bigger discs - looks like there will be enough room though. There is the narrower wheel arches on the SB as well...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    Just went on the german audi site, looks like they are offering a 19" version of the V style wheels they do on the RS range
    that would be great on the SB .....
    Build week 8: S3 SB, S-Tronic, Glacier, SS Seats, Comfort, Park Plus, Camera, Cruise, Tech Pack High, Pano Roof, Keyless, B&O, Pur, Privacy, Black Inlays, LED Light Pack, Through Load, Silver Rails, Folding Mirrors, Pressure Monitor,

Banned

Status
    Thanks cuk and dean I wasn't making it up!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    The width is still 225 and the rolling radius is equitable therefore no issue ffs...... Is there something wrong out there ? Lol..... Unreal,...On thread here's a panther black sq5. Heavy, not dynamic but bloody lovely colour....

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d8ean View Post
    Just went on the german audi site, looks like they are offering a 19" version of the V style wheels they do on the RS rangethat would be great on the SB .....
    Where is that then.. CAn you post a link pls. Nothing on audi.de (see below) I can find!Motor

3rd Gear

Status
    The German configurator shows colours much more accurately than the uk configurator. Panther looks almost purple ! Lovely !

1st Gear

Status
    Where is that then.. CAn you post a link pls. Nothing on audi.de (see below) I can find!Motor
    just did a screen dumphope this works
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Build week 8: S3 SB, S-Tronic, Glacier, SS Seats, Comfort, Park Plus, Camera, Cruise, Tech Pack High, Pano Roof, Keyless, B&O, Pur, Privacy, Black Inlays, LED Light Pack, Through Load, Silver Rails, Folding Mirrors, Pressure Monitor,

1st Gear

Status
    ah see what you mean, your looking at the sportback... surely the wheels for the saloon will be a straight swap no?>

Banned

Status
    The saloon shows 19in wheels not so on the SB.. Even in Germany! There must be a reason as posted earlier !

3rd Gear

Status
    No reason. Same PCD same rolling diameter, same width. 19" will fit. Johnny already has them fitted.

Banned

Status
    No reason. Same PCD same rolling diameter, same width. 19" will fit. Johnny already has them fitted.
    Johnny has fitted Asda extractor fan style wheels ( sorry Johnny only joking )
    Has anyone officially fitted 19 in OEM to a SB???
    Johnnyb likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    must just be audi.i had a golf back in the day running 20's - no issues at alli'll keep my eyes peeled for these V styles in 19" they will suit the car perfectly

1st Gear

Status
    Doubt they are the same width, 19s are showing as 8" and typically VAG 18s are 7.5". And potential offset might be different too. That said, fitted with 225 tyres instead of the 235s supplied on the saloon I'm sure they would be fine as long as it wasn't decked on coilovers.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

3rd Gear

Status
    Btw where's paullowther ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Looking at the way the S3 3 door and sportback sits you can easily get 19" or even 20"( if you're mad) on there.

They sit well in the arch and the rolling radius doesn't change as the tyre profile needs to be changed otherwise the speedo will be out.

Offset wise, I'm not sure what the standard 18" wheels are but I can tell from pics that you can get away with at least 10mm front 12mm rear spacers (much like the 8p) so with that in mind a wider offset will fit. I will be keeping the stock wheels for a while at least and running spacers.

Banned

Status
    Stuffing pillows for Xmas I expect ;-)
    J6YAK likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Oh hi
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    Panther pics to the forum please. And is paullowther deceased ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Panther pics to the forum please. And is paullowther deceased ?
    Maybe he wrote off his S3 off and is too embarrassed to come back on here and tell us
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm considering Panther now, so would love to see some pics on an S3 saloon if anyone can find them on the inter-web (I've failed)
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast