Audi Parking System Plus
Comfort package
Cruise control
Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated
Hold assist
Interior lighting package
Privacy glass
Technology package

Salesperson gave me a £1975 discount without any bargaining.

Reactions: M_D_O_London, StefRobinson, Jeff777LUFC and 1 other person
Nice spec,the Daytona is a beauty also good to see a bargain

Excellent choice, look forward to seeing those in the flesh

Thanks, looking forward to the day it arrives. If it get close enough to march '14 I will hold out until then if I can.

Ive never bought new do you still have to run the car in...not sure I would have the patience for that ! Lead right peg

Did you receive that discount with a part ex, as they have offered me £1250 off the car including a fairly decent price for my Honda Civic.

Nope, I said I could get £1900 discount from my internet brokers and salesperson immediately came back with £1975 knocked off even before we talked p/x...

Nice spec, excellent choice, it will look awesome...

ps.

I have received in Poland 19.0 % discount (mostly thanks to exterieur s-line free)

I wish I had a manual to read. I'm a stickler for reading up on them before I get any car. Ford provide them free online and I wish Audi did so too...

handbook is 324 pages long, and I can't even help you, mine isn't in english

Grats on the order Cuke. I am the same with manuals. Wish i could get my hands on one. As soon as i get mine i will try and get it scanned in to something useable as an upload.

I think you bring the total saloon's ordered on here to 3, ish. Welcome to the club!

Three? Wow much exclusivity, that's what I am hoping for having come from the second biggest selling car in the UK....

BGS:1993050 said:
Grats on the order Cuke. I am the same with manuals. Wish i could get my hands on one. As soon as i get mine i will try and get it scanned in to something useable as an upload.
If you could I would be a very happy bunny...

Congrats on your Saloon order, I am also in that exclusive club and my car should have been build last week and just waiting for an email to say that it is on its way to the UK.

Nice spec on your order with a lot of the same options as me plus more. That is also a great discount you have negotiated, I could only manage a £1,000 with a trade in although I hoping I might manage to get about another £500 by selling my car to a trader so that will help.

Reactions: IanYJersey
Hi, congrats on yours too, post up some pictures when you get your saloon please. Most of the options I have included came as standard on my present car and I couldn't do without them now. The only 'toy' is the technology pack, as IT technician I have to have something to play with. I just went for that figure and I didn't believe the salesperson would give me the same as he'd already told me on another visit that there were no discounts. Must have caught him on a good day...

apparently this time of year is a good time to buy

a day or so before xmas is the best if they HAVE met their target

paid £12.5K for a new Peugeot rrp £18.5K when Peugeot didn't discount as much as they do now. paid 1.5K less than a 6mth demo one, lol - I just had to wait 3 weeks till mid January

im still staggered how long audi take - but if it means better quality, ill wait

Hi, paid my deposit today for a A3 Saloon with the following:

A3 Saloon S line 1.4 TFSI cylinder on demand 6 speed
Daytona Grey, pearl effect
Advanced key
Audi Parking System Plus
Comfort package
Cruise control
Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated
Hold assist
Interior lighting package
Privacy glass
Technology package

Salesperson gave me a £1975 discount without any bargaining.

Congrats on the purchase! Do you mind me asking which internet broker you used and which dealer you went to in the end? I'm speccing up an A3 hatchback, but thinking by the time I've added up the extras I may as well consider the saloon!

Congrats on the purchase! Do you mind me asking which internet broker you used and which dealer you went to in the end? I'm speccing up an A3 hatchback, but thinking by the time I've added up the extras I may as well consider the saloon!

I used buyacar for my quote, so I suggest you put together a similar build to what you want on there first as the hatch might not have the same discount. The dealership was in Eastbourne, but don't go there quoting my name please.

That's what I thought, seems too good to be true but if it is then I'll have a Christmas present :)

I used buyacar for my quote, so I suggest you put together a similar build to what you want on there first as the hatch might not have the same discount. The dealership was in Eastbourne, but don't go there quoting my name please.

Thanks for the info. Eastbourne is way too far for me to travel anyway, I'm based in the north west!

A tad too far, however I believe any Audi dealer will deliver anywhere in the country...

Hi, I'm going over to the dealership on weds to complete all of the documentation. I promise to get some pictures of the saloon if it is still there..

Hi, I have been and signed the paperwork for the order and I also have purchased the Audi GAP as well for four years at £299. I think it is a good deal for the peace of mind that it is with Audi. I've also got a three year service plan at £14 a month which is £10 a month less than my current one with Ford. Thus I am now paying less per month in total than I was for the Ford and getting a prestige car!!

The salesperson also said that the reason I've got a week 47 build, not a week 3, is because he found it wasn't being used by another local Audi dealership so he rang them to see if he could have it and they agreed, new one on me. However I am looking at getting the car around the 21/12 so I'm not complaining :)

I managed some pictures of a saloon in the showroom but they're not that good quality.

Last edited:
That first picture doesn't make it look very nice. The wheels are horrid and the gap in the arches is massive.
Doesn't seem to suit red even tho it has lovely lines.
Might be because it's a sport tho ...
I'm sure ur Daytona will look smart :)

For somebody who wasn't actually looking to purchase 'til the new year it has all kinda worked out well. I didn't think Audi would be bringing out a manual version of the 1.4l engine for at least six months time, or until they'd worked out whether a saloon would really sell in the UK. So making the 6-speed manual version available now meant I could go ahead earlier, and the salesperson gave a good deal as well. With it being cheaper to finance than my current car that is also a bonus.
I agree with you about the wheels, that was the sport with the 17" ones but the car did look better in the flesh. I don't like the base red though and I'm sure, as you say. mine will look so much better. Early xmas pressie I hope...

I'd be interested in seeing how the 1.4 tfsi engine went myself :)
Heard so much good things about it but until I go in one I have it in the back of my head I need to give it some stick to get it going :)
Iv specced a few Daytona s line saloons on audi website to see how it looks.
Glad u picked the Sline and can't wait to see ur pics :)
Just out of interest that sport that was in the showroom did u find out what suspension it had?
Hopefully it was SE.sports suspension deselected.
Can't get over how high looking it sat.
Think I'd deffo go for s line suspension myself :)
Glad things are going ur way :)

Hi, no I didn't ask about the suspension on the red saloon, but you maybe right and the sport suspension was deselected. Certainly the saloon I test drove did seem to sit a little lower but I have heard that the S-Line suspension is very hard. The spec of the engine, that is power and torque, isn't far off my 1.6 ecoboost in a standard map, in fact the 1.4 has more torque, thus I think it go quick enough. I have read a few reviews and they all seem to say there is more than enough power for overtaking. Still there is always a remap if I want more :)

I dare say the s line with 18" wheels with sports suspension would look a lot lower.
Just couldn't believe the gap in the arches in that red one lol.
I'm sure the 1.4 will be quick enough for u :)
Iv got a courtesy car A1 1.6d Sline just now and to say I hate it is an understatement.
Very sluggish, power steering feels very weird and the gearstick has a very long travel.
Nowhere near the same spec as A3's :)

Hi, the salesperson has given me week 47 as a build week...

You have been lucky getting that spare build slot.

My delivery date seems to be be going the other way. I had a build week 42 with delivery expected end of first or second week of November and this was 4/5 weeks later than expected when I placed the order. Now I am told that it is still showing up as in production when normally it would have be allocated a chassis number towards the end of its build week so it is now looking like it is going to be at least 1st week of December before it turns up.

I agree the photo of the red Saloon in Sport trim does not look great. Just wondering how mine will look with the 16" Audi winter wheels that I have also ordered, obviously not as good as it will with the standard 18" rims that I will use the rest of the year.

That is the worst new A3 I've seen, looks dated and cheap in this pic, May be is the high suspension and alloys don't work on the saloon.
looks like a old Suzuki liana from the side. Front is still cool though. I would stick with the hatchback .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 698
Ditto - my first thoughts were of the Seat Toledo, basically what was a nice A4 made worse.