Estoril Blue

Scott

Reaction score
Hi,

Have ordered a S3 in Estoril Blue... got a build week of 4... but really not sure on the colour so need some people to post photos of theirs and persuade me I've made the right choice!! I've looked in the S3 thread and Googled but struggled to find that many photos of the colour

I've seen the colour in the flesh and liked it the first time but then didn't the second time I saw it, but it might have been because the car was filthy

I've had 2 white cars so going for a dark colour is a pretty epic decision for me lol

Cheers,
Scott

Go to a website called mobile.de - it's the German autotrader and is full of images of s3's

I am an owner of a s3 in estoril, my take on it is that I love it. To look at it is very different in different lights, maybe on a dull day it can look a little dull but on bright sunny days it's just wow. It does show the dirt but not as bad as black which my last car was.

I've just bought a dslr so can get some good pics now. Unfortunately it's chucking it down and the car needs a clean so you will have to wait.

i swapped from estoril to panther with an option to swap back again if i decide to in the next couple of weeks. i've never yo-yo'd so much with a car colour !

the problem with estoril is that black seats look naff with a blue exterior hence my current change to panther.

the silver lunar which i had with estoril isn't suitable for us as we ski and mountain bike thus reckoned the interior would get quickly soiled but it loks great with the estoril.

difficult decision !

Obviously it's down to personal preference but I think the black seats and estoril do work well especially with privacy glass

I didn't go for it, kinda wish I had but not a massive regret

Extended mono.pur finish for you in both the lunar silver and black.

T2eC16RwsE9suwyd bBSOY2HuQ48 27Mono pur

Reactions: Lmg
These pics were taken on a very hot and sunny day

IMG 1815IMG 1816IMG 1817IMG 1814IMG 1818

This picture is of the same car but on a dull and rainy day

347499FD D7C3 45CF B5D7 0CAED248B790

As with both the crystal paint options on the S3 the colour can change quite dramatically according to the conditions.

Reactions: Lmg and bleedsoff
This has been posted in the main S3 thread. Here you go tho anyway. Seems this guy has made a few vids of his car.

I don't think it's actually his car, I believe he ordered monsoon and has only/is just about to receive it. This was a test drive car I think!

But yeah, if you lot check out his Chanel he's posted quite a few videos - vibbr

Reactions: bleedsoff
I don't think it's actually his car, I believe he ordered monsoon and has only/is just about to receive it. This was a test drive car I think!

But yeah, if you lot check out his Chanel he's posted quite a few videos - vibbr

What he said :thumbsup:

3 vids of an Estoril blue RS6 (sun, shade and artificial light at night). I appreciate that english is not the reviewers 1st language but he has to have the most ANNOYING accent in the world, but still So mute button may be useful.

Audi RS6 Avant 2013 Estoril Blue ask your questions and what should I do? - YouTube

Fueling up the Audi RS6 for the first time the first day - YouTube

Good morning Audi RS6 and the President of the United States! - YouTube

A1 QUATTRO!
Audi A1 Quattro MTM - Accelerations in Monaco - YouTube

3 vids of an Estoril blue RS6 (sun, shade and artificial light at night). I appreciate that english is not the reviewers 1st language but he has to have the most ANNOYING accent in the world, but still So mute button may be useful.

Audi RS6 Avant 2013 Estoril Blue ask your questions and what should I do? - YouTube

Fueling up the Audi RS6 for the first time the first day - YouTube

Good morning Audi RS6 and the President of the United States! - YouTube

A1 QUATTRO!
Audi A1 Quattro MTM - Accelerations in Monaco - YouTube

I can't understand how the majority of people don't think that the lunar silver interiors don't look good! That car looks stunning with the lunar silver interior. It only works with the dark colours though, estoril and blacks specifically on the s3.

I can't understand how the majority of people don't think that the lunar silver interiors don't look good! That car looks stunning with the lunar silver interior. It only works with the dark colours though, estoril and blacks specifically on the s3.

it's all a matter of taste.

Must agree with Dylock here as the colour changes depending on the light and weather.

Estoril is a beautiful blue but I can't help feeling that it is better suited to better climates that the UK. South of France or San Diego etc where its much sunnier than the UK as it will often appear dull here. It only comes alive when spotless and in bright sunshine. You'll need to compare sunny day vs dull day and I'll put money on most pics online being taken in the sunshine. You will need to see it in the flesh on both days.

Better suited to the UK are Mica Racing Blue or Sepang Blue as these still have pop on dull days, but in the sunshine they just explode.

John.

Reactions: VeeDubDan
If that were true then 'pearlescent' paint is a waste of money. I tend to disagree, the UK is more sunny enough to show off such a paint job..

white cars look imo look better in the sunnier climates like Spain or Portugal not the UK.

I had Estoril ordered but decided to go for racing mica in the end.

Reactions: JohnM100
If that were true then 'pearlescent' paint is a waste of money. I tend to disagree, the UK is more sunny enough to show off such a paint job..

i agree in part it is plenty sunny enough,
but bare in mind we are in East Sussex and South coast here has the most sunshine in mainland UK over 2000 hours / year
and we have over a third more hours on sunshine than the average for England 1400 hours and getting on for double that for worst bits of Scotland 1100 hours, so where you live makes a big difference, even within the UK.
Bit sad I know, but got curious :uhm:

Plus it's worth it for those 30 or so really sunny days that we do get in the year. You know those weekend mornings when you wake up knowing it's set to be a 30 degree scorcher and you've got big plans to just get in the car and drive to somewhere, who knows where. Then on your journey you catch a glimpse of your car in all it's glory and think yeah, £200 extra well spent!

Reactions: Fragup
It's a lovely colour but I couldn't live with myself for spending £1500 on paint.

Try £2500... I'm getting an SQ5, but sod it why compromise on something like colour when you have to look at it everyday?!?
I keep an eye on here as i had an S3 in the past and I'm looking to swap out the TTRS for the next RS3 in 18 months or so.

Try £2500... I'm getting an SQ5, but sod it why compromise on something like colour when you have to look at it everyday?!?
I keep an eye on here as i had an S3 in the past and I'm looking to swap out the TTRS for the next RS3 in 18 months or so.

Ouch! My mum has just ordered an sq5, such a nice car! Delivery though isn't expected until next July which I couldn't believe! The RS3 is going to be a beast.

Ouch! My mum has just ordered an sq5, such a nice car! Delivery though isn't expected until next July which I couldn't believe! The RS3 is going to be a beast.

I ordered mine in April, was told Sept delivery, now forecast Feb/March... Proper ball ache!
Still it's going to be the wife's but I'll enjoy it on family days.

Each to their own I guess, but to spend that for only 18 months return and no resale value. But you could argue the same point for me buying estoril in replacement of brilliant black.

I find with Audi you have to make compromises all over the place unless your loaded.

Reactions: Louay
Each to their own I guess, but to spend that for only 18 months return and no resale value. But you could argue the same point for me buying estoril in replacement of brilliant black.

I find with Audi you have to make compromises all over the place unless your loaded.

I think you miss understood. It's for my wife and we'll have it for at least 5 years.
The change to rs3 will be me saying goodbye to the TTRS in 18 months.
But yeah, no way I'd go for options like that on an 18 month purchase.

Hi,

Have ordered a S3 in Estoril Blue... got a build week of 4... but really not sure on the colour so need some people to post photos of theirs and persuade me I've made the right choice!! I've looked in the S3 thread and Googled but struggled to find that many photos of the colour

I've seen the colour in the flesh and liked it the first time but then didn't the second time I saw it, but it might have been because the car was filthy

I've had 2 white cars so going for a dark colour is a pretty epic decision for me lol

Cheers,
Scott

I think it looks fantastic in low light and artificial light and quite nice sunlight but I found it quite dull in overcast weather. its an S colour though. I chose misano red as I wanted a red car - would have preferred metallic red but im not paying £2K for paint

Estoril is superb Guys :icon_thumright:

Changes tone under direct sun light too ......

Reactions: Louay and Lmg
Estoril without a doubt! So versatile so sophisticated so classy so popping in the Sun, so exclusive and so complimentary with silver trim and chrome! Can't have super sports seats with lunar!

Its a great colour Louay for the reasons you note.
So deep and rich in texture, unlike any other blue I have seen tbh.
Not had a lot of sun, but when it has been out and shone on the car, the transformation in tone is very dramatic.
I love both the dark and light (popping) look.
I can really see this colour looking superb on S3's.

.... the colour tends to be the 1st thing people comment on too and are full of praise for it :)

Reactions: Toadoftoadhall and Louay
It was my second choice colour, but in the dealer showroom it looked more purple than blue, maybe i'm colour blind but at first glance in most pictures it still looks purple...

Still lovely colour and i like the fact it changes so much in the sun!!

Reactions: Louay
Thanks chaps didn't see this until after I ordered mine in Estoril but glad I did now!