Volks AutosChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Stop/start issues

My wife uses stop start every day, but she has had some issues lately with it not working but I have told her there are so many variables that it will not stop. But yesterday when I was in the car it worked perfectly at every stop until the last one wher the car would not restart. We had to start the car manually then we shut the system down. Contacted the dealer which will look at this on the 5th November
    Has anyone else experienced this issue not starting after stopping.
    Doug.

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Possible sensor/switch on the clutch?

2nd Gear

Status
    What was the temperature set in the car? Was the air con on? To give the car a good test and no user error. Switch off the client control completely and driven the car as normal. If the stop/start fails to engage then it's a deal issue to look at.

1st Gear

Status
    Car was at operaing temperature and working fine, we stopped at a round about the car stopped and started as normal, 30 meters after the roundabout we stopped at light crossing car stopped again and never restarted without us intervening and starting the car, then turned the system off.

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

6th Gear

Status
    The temperatures would not prevent the car from restarting unless the engine had overheated, unlikely as the engine was off.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yep, my wife's A3 1.4 TFSI has had an intermittent non-restart issue with the stop-start facility since we bought it from new, March '11.
    Audi first claimed it was not a 'recognised' fault, then carried out remedial work under guarantee only for fault to return. The Audi dealership now claiming there is no fault!?! My vague observation is that it has something to do with cold engine and certain climatic conditions but I'm no expert...just want a car that works properly.
    It is so frustrating dealing with these people...our battle continues!

BTW...a pressure sensor was replaced to no avail....would be really interested to hear how your dealership resolves the issue.
    Last edited by neilo01; 24th October 2013 at 09:23. Reason: additional info

3rd Gear

Status
    Curious to know what % of fuel economy is accounted for by start-stop? The more I read about it the more I think I will permanently disable, especially as fuel economy isn't a priority anyway.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

6th Gear

Status
    Mine has worked great every time. I think they say 3% savings on average, but put it on the mpg display and watch you rmpg go down and down while sitting in traffic with the engine on... depends on the kind of journey you do.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    From my experience of a start/stop system I have found that if you only perform short journeys then the battery will fall below the level needed for the start/stop to work. Also if the outside temps are too hot or cold and you have the CC set high or low will also prevent it for working. One of the tests they do is to stall the car then press the clutch to see if it restarts...