EM TuningChris Nott
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 102 of 102
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Free map update service

  1. #81
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    You apply the updates via SD card, but the service is available for the tech pack and above.
    I think he's confused, as he says Tech Pack doesn't get updates but the SD card version of navigation does! That doesn't make sense to me, given the extra cost of the Tech Pack.
    TonyH38 likes this.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #82
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,231
    All I can tell you is that I have the tech pack + connect, and I have the update service. I'm pretty sure that the original information is from an Audi press release or something as well, so I trust it. You could try asking Audi UK on Twitter to be sure, but I do find that dealers tend not to know what they are talking about half the time!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  4. #83
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen C View Post
    I think he's confused, as he says Tech Pack doesn't get updates but the SD card version of navigation does! That doesn't make sense to me, given the extra cost of the Tech Pack.
    Maybe he is confused by the fact that tech pack can still use SD cards for updates, even though it doesn't use SD for the nav data itself?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  5. #84
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,231
    I think it sounds like that yes
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  6. #85
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    191
    Can anyone with PNQ standard Technology Package tell me if they successfully updated their maps for free? So far I've only seen people with Audi Connect report this.
    On order: A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 150 (COD) S tronic S line
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.

  7. #86
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen C View Post
    Can anyone with PNQ standard Technology Package tell me if they successfully updated their maps for free? So far I've only seen people with Audi Connect report this.
    I did it without problems. tech pack without connect. 16.4gb update took quite long to update.
    Stephen C likes this.

  8. #87
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,231
    I haven't bothered with this update as I think someone said it was mostly Eastern European updates, nothing in the UK
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  9. #88
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    191
    Mine will probably come with it as it will be built in June (2015 model). Just wondering if I made the right choice by not getting Audi Connect. £300 difference would pay for itself if map updates are not included in the standard tech pack.
    On order: A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 150 (COD) S tronic S line
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.

  10. #89
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274
    All Sat Nav's such as Tom Tom, Garmin, etc that one can purchase now all come with Free map updates for life, and you are only paying £200-£300 for. Why are Audi and other car manufacture's not supplying On Board Sat Nav's with free lifetime map updates when one is paying double? I was advised when looking around for possibly a second hand car that for the standard SD based system that it would cost in region of £600 to get an SD card with current maps on!!!! Ouch.....

  11. #90
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    45
    Hi All

    I know this thread is a little old but wanted to pass on some feedback about what I have found out about the 'free updates'.

    My A3 went in for its 1st service this week and I asked about the sat nav updates and the girl said I would need to speak to customer service. So I sent my email and I got a call today from them.

    The free DAB was a promotional offer that they did so they say. The free sat nav updates was also a promotional offer and this is only for a 12 month period, again so they say, so I logged it as a dissatisfaction but I bet I won't hear from them again.

    So with this I'm 50/50 on what to do, either leave it for a while and then update (depending on cost) as I'm not able to update it myself from myaudi site but not too sure on the cost.

    Is there a way to do it cheaper or be safe and get audi to do it.
    Keithdon likes this.

  12. #91
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post
    Hi All

    I know this thread is a little old but wanted to pass on some feedback about what I have found out about the 'free updates'.

    My A3 went in for its 1st service this week and I asked about the sat nav updates and the girl said I would need to speak to customer service. So I sent my email and I got a call today from them.

    The free DAB was a promotional offer that they did so they say. The free sat nav updates was also a promotional offer and this is only for a 12 month period, again so they say, so I logged it as a dissatisfaction but I bet I won't hear from them again.

    So with this I'm 50/50 on what to do, either leave it for a while and then update (depending on cost) as I'm not able to update it myself from myaudi site but not too sure on the cost.

    Is there a way to do it cheaper or be safe and get audi to do it.
    Sounds to me like they are talking complete garbage. AFAIK DAB is now a permanent standard, not a promotion. I am pretty sure satnav updates are also standard (for those that qualify).
    Can anyone back up what they told Chris?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  13. #92
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    45
    Hi snakehips

    Thats what I was thinking so not too sure myself, but happy for anyone's help.

  14. #93
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post
    Hi snakehips

    Thats what I was thinking so not too sure myself, but happy for anyone's help.
    But do you have the tech pack? If not then it's a different situation.
    (I just checked myAudi and I have a new map update ready to download to SD card, so it's definitely free for tech pack owners)
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  15. #94
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    191
    I hope the Tech Pack still gets map updates because I ordered it based on that assumption!
    On order: A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 150 (COD) S tronic S line
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.

  16. #95
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,231
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Sounds to me like they are talking complete garbage. AFAIK DAB is now a permanent standard, not a promotion. I am pretty sure satnav updates are also standard (for those that qualify).
    Can anyone back up what they told Chris?
    Agree, sounds like nonsense. DAB was added to MY14 cars as standard kit. There's nothing to suggest that the map updates are a promotional offer either.

    Yet another case of various parts of the Audi machine not having a clue about their own cars, offers or processes.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  17. #96
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    But do you have the tech pack? If not then it's a different situation.
    (I just checked myAudi and I have a new map update ready to download to SD card, so it's definitely free for tech pack owners)
    Hi snakehips, I do have the tech pack with SD slots and touch pad but when I go under myaudi website, sadly nothing there for me to download. I wonder if there is something different that needs to be with audi I'm now guessing.

    Think I'll contact my dealer in servicing and see what happens.
    New - Audi A3 13 plate, 2.0 TDI S-Line, Scuba Blue, Rear Sensors, Light & Rain package, Comfort package, Adaptive Headlights, Lane Assist, Bang & Olufsen Speakers, DAB, Folding mirrors, Int light package, Alcantara leather, S-Line suspension, Tech package, Variable headlight control, Phone box, Hold assist, Speed limit display

    Old - Audi A3 2.0 TDI, S-Line. Aqua Blue, Bose, Rear Sensors, Light & Rain Sensor Pack, Sat Nav Plus System.

  18. #97
    the_lecht_rocks's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
    Posts
    690
    when is the next update due ? i colected my car 1st march, was a build week 50 IIRC

  19. #98
    mjcourtney's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South England
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post
    Hi snakehips, I do have the tech pack with SD slots and touch pad but when I go under myaudi website, sadly nothing there for me to download. I wonder if there is something different that needs to be with audi I'm now guessing.

    Think I'll contact my dealer in servicing and see what happens.
    When was your car built? The map updates are only available for cars built after approx mid June 2013. Mine was built Feb 2013 with tech pack so I too can't download any updates from My Audi.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

  20. #99
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cheshire/N Staffs
    Posts
    1,321
    My car was built Wk11 2014, Tech Pack, and myAudi is offering me Europe 2014, Complete.

    I wonder if this is a later version than what was installed at the factory?

    Also- by the wording on myAudi seems to suggest that "The Map Update Service includes the first five biannual updates that follow the factory-installed map version."

    Which implies the 5 updates in the first 2.5 years of ownership are free, if you choose not to use all 5 within 2.5 years, you won't get any updates in year 3 for free, even though you've only downloaded say 2 updates.

    S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG



  21. #100
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,566
    I think if you check your navigation version you will have the latest 2014 maps. Audi always apply the latest before the car leaves the factory. Mine was built in January and has 2014...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  22. #101
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    When was your car built? The map updates are only available for cars built after approx mid June 2013. Mine was built Feb 2013 with tech pack so I too can't download any updates from My Audi.
    Ah this might explain it, mine arrived in the UK in April 2013 (ordered Sept 2012 as soon as it was possible to pre-order) so this might be why the maps aren't on the site. I will have to see how much Audi charge for the updates.
    New - Audi A3 13 plate, 2.0 TDI S-Line, Scuba Blue, Rear Sensors, Light & Rain package, Comfort package, Adaptive Headlights, Lane Assist, Bang & Olufsen Speakers, DAB, Folding mirrors, Int light package, Alcantara leather, S-Line suspension, Tech package, Variable headlight control, Phone box, Hold assist, Speed limit display

    Old - Audi A3 2.0 TDI, S-Line. Aqua Blue, Bose, Rear Sensors, Light & Rain Sensor Pack, Sat Nav Plus System.

  23. #102
    mjcourtney's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    South England
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post
    Ah this might explain it, mine arrived in the UK in April 2013 (ordered Sept 2012 as soon as it was possible to pre-order) so this might be why the maps aren't on the site. I will have to see how much Audi charge for the updates.
    Yep, sounds like that's the case. We got a discounted tech pack for pre-ordering, and I suspect this is why we don't get the map updates.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. ECU Update at first service, any ideas?
    By dalepearson in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10th May 2007, 17:22
  2. Dealer Discount + free servicing?
    By jwhat in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th April 2007, 18:01
  3. Two years free Audi servicing
    By batwad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd October 2006, 08:07
  4. G Mail/Other free web based email services
    By Aldo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 1st October 2006, 18:28
  5. For those of you who have been mapped! Service Question.
    By Platinum70 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th February 2006, 13:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO