Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Free map update service

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    You apply the updates via SD card, but the service is available for the tech pack and above.
    I think he's confused, as he says Tech Pack doesn't get updates but the SD card version of navigation does! That doesn't make sense to me, given the extra cost of the Tech Pack.
    TonyH38 likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    All I can tell you is that I have the tech pack + connect, and I have the update service. I'm pretty sure that the original information is from an Audi press release or something as well, so I trust it. You could try asking Audi UK on Twitter to be sure, but I do find that dealers tend not to know what they are talking about half the time!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen C View Post
    I think he's confused, as he says Tech Pack doesn't get updates but the SD card version of navigation does! That doesn't make sense to me, given the extra cost of the Tech Pack.
    Maybe he is confused by the fact that tech pack can still use SD cards for updates, even though it doesn't use SD for the nav data itself?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

6th Gear

Status
    I think it sounds like that yes
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Can anyone with PNQ standard Technology Package tell me if they successfully updated their maps for free? So far I've only seen people with Audi Connect report this.
    On order: A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 140 (COD) S tronic S line
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Non-smoking Package.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen C View Post
    Can anyone with PNQ standard Technology Package tell me if they successfully updated their maps for free? So far I've only seen people with Audi Connect report this.
    I did it without problems. tech pack without connect. 16.4gb update took quite long to update.
    Stephen C likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    I haven't bothered with this update as I think someone said it was mostly Eastern European updates, nothing in the UK

Neutral

Status
    Mine will probably come with it as it will be built in June (2015 model). Just wondering if I made the right choice by not getting Audi Connect. £300 difference would pay for itself if map updates are not included in the standard tech pack.
    On order: A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 140 (COD) S tronic S line
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Non-smoking Package.

181 BHP

Status
    All Sat Nav's such as Tom Tom, Garmin, etc that one can purchase now all come with Free map updates for life, and you are only paying £200-£300 for. Why are Audi and other car manufacture's not supplying On Board Sat Nav's with free lifetime map updates when one is paying double? I was advised when looking around for possibly a second hand car that for the standard SD based system that it would cost in region of £600 to get an SD card with current maps on!!!! Ouch.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123