JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

what happens in your A3 when dynamic mode is selected after engine has been stopped?

Hi,

I noticed recently the following:

When I have selected dynamic mode in drive select then the car is totally in dynamic mode meaning also the gear box switches from D to S as you can see in the display. I noticed now that when I switch of the engine and later start driving again the car is of course still in dynamic mode however the gear box is then in D mode, maning I have to switch it manually again to S mode.

Has anybody noticed the same? Is this normal and if yes what is the reason for this?

Regards,
    Tom

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi Tom

Yes mine does the same. I can only guess the car is protecting its self from cold restarts? Because if you start the car and from cold and drive it away in sport mode the revs will go a lot higher than you would want to use on a cold engine.
    But you would also think it would use its thermostat or a timer and realise when you have only been out of the car 5 mins that it can stay in sport mode?
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    Hi Tom

Yes mine does the same. I can only guess the car is protecting its self from cold restarts? Because if you start the car and from cold and drive it away in sport mode the revs will go a lot higher than you would want to use on a cold engine.
    But you would also think it would use its thermostat or a timer and realise when you have only been out of the car 5 mins that it can stay in sport mode?
    The cold engine problem was actually also my guess but it also changes it if the engine is warm and you just switch it if for a minute.

Regards,
    Tom

Full LED baby !

Status
    maybe it's not that clever
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    Have you tried leaving it in D until the engine warms up to see if it switches back to S?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Have you tried leaving it in D until the engine warms up to see if it switches back to S?
    Yes have tried that I mean it's no hardship pulling the gear selector back to put it into sport but I'm surprised that it isn't automatic.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Full LED baby !

Status
    anyway, I think you are right, it's must be about cold starting
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

Neutral

Status
    Ok, thanks for the feedback thats would at least be a good reason for this.

Regards,
    Tom