Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: S3 Saloon

Neutral

Status

S3 Saloon

Anyone waiting in anticipation for the new S3 Saloon?

I needed a new car 6 months ago, so couldn't wait for one and got an A5 TFSi Black edition instead, however i'll seriously consider trading it when the S3 saloon comes out early next year.

Just something I prefer about 4 door performance saloons after years of having them. (I.e. 405Mi16, 21Turbo, Impreza Terzo3 and 13 Evo's).

Will be interesting to see how the S3 compares to my A5 as I do love that but is a bit low on power compared to what i'm used to.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RSgeoff View Post
    Anyone waiting in anticipation for the new S3 Saloon?

I needed a new car 6 months ago, so couldn't wait for one and got an A5 TFSi Black edition instead, however i'll seriously consider trading it when the S3 saloon comes out early next year.

Just something I prefer about 4 door performance saloons after years of having them. (I.e. 405Mi16, 21Turbo, Impreza Terzo3 and 13 Evo's).

Will be interesting to see how the S3 compares to my A5 as I do love that but is a bit low on power compared to what i'm used to.
    I was as I thought it looked fantatstic in the pics but wanted to wait until I could see one in th flesh. I was just concerned about the rear sloping roof and how that affected the rear seats foir space. saw one a few months later in the flesh, albeit not an s3, and I was right to be concerned as rear space is affected badly imo, so I ordered an s3 sportback - I did consider a golf gti and an merc a45 but the golf just felt a bit cheap and the merc was silly money standard and even worse when you add a few options - just 4-5 options means £46-50K

the s3 in whatever form is still quick and not far off the evos. they are also easy to tune

6th Gear

Status
    Unless your rear passengers are over 6' tall the rear of the saloon presents no problem. I rarely carry passengers in the back but if I do they have to accept my choice of transport, if not they can always get out and walk ;-)
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

4th Gear

Status
    I also liked the initial pictures released of the S3 saloon.

But after seeing the picture below (not an S3 granted) I would FOR SURE have to see one 1st hand before remotely considering ordering one ....

2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

6th Gear

Status
    However you neglected to point out that I not happy with the picture as the shadows and lighting do not show it to its best. Thus I've now deleted it for my library.
    Last edited by cuke2u; 1st November 2013 at 07:44.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Unless your rear passengers are over 6' tall the rear of the saloon presents no problem. I rarely carry passengers in the back but if I do they have to accept my choice of transport, if not they can always get out and walk ;-)
    no wonder you don't carry many passengers, just kidding!

im 6ft but I found it quite tight and my head touched the roof inside when sat down. not nice - I prefer the hatch now anyway

6th Gear

Status
    When I get my car I'm going to put my daughters boyfriend in the back as he is over 6' 4" :-)

4th Gear

Status
    ha ha ... where's the picture gone LOL
    Last edited by Snake Pliskin; 1st November 2013 at 09:02.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

6th Gear

Status
    I deleted it as it was poor quality and not representative of the shape of the saloon...

3rd Gear

Status
    Guys, prices have been released today, order book is open! S3 Saloon < A3 < Models I'm buying one, I think they look great, I've driven the S3 Hatch, and it was properly quick, as well as refined. The saloon is in my opinion, one of the best all-round cars available out there, 0-60 under 5 seconds, 40+MPG, characterful engine sound, 4 doors and a decent boot, looks great, great interior, all-weather 4WD, what more do you want! Trading in my Scirocco, which is brilliant but I know have two kids under 3