New October Brochure

I've downloaded the October version and compared it to the September version and apart from the numbers 5 and 4.1 on the rear cover I cannot see any changes at all.

In the Saloon version the brochure now includes the 1.4/1.8 with the manual 6-speed gearbox...

I've downloaded the October version and compared it to the September version and apart from the numbers 5 and 4.1 on the rear cover I cannot see any changes at all.

Maybe there's another price increase?!

the accessory brochure is what needs updating to the current model!

P61 has new info on 4g on the left (small print). That's all I can see compared with the August brochure.

P61 has new info on 4g on the left (small print). That's all I can see compared with the August brochure.

There was also reference to 4g compatibility in this quarters edition of the Audi owners magazine, inside the back page, stating that by end of the year new A3's will be 4g compatible when you have the tech pack high with telephone prep.

I thought that all Audi Connect equipped A3s had 4G. Mine better have when it turns up!

I thought that all Audi Connect equipped A3s had 4G. Mine better have when it turns up!

In the new October PDF brochure the main difference I could see was p61 smallprint which was about the Audi Connect with tech pack/phone prep high/connect option. All S3 sportbacks have the 4G from the outset but only S3/A3 produced after 4th Nov will have the 4G capability.

Also after 4th Nov there will be no connectivity for audi connect with phones with the bluetooth sim access profile, so after then it will be only be via data only sim for data and existing mobile connected by bluetooth for telephony. At least this is how I read it!

You got S3 SB ordered I think Silky? If so you ok for 4G :)

Reactions: Silky-S3
Great, yep S3 SB on its way :)

I wonder if connect can be retrofitted?
In my current 2010 Golf Mark 6, the car wasn't compatible with iphone. After some research I got a new module (genuine VW but from ebay) that just plugged in easily under the seat. That obviously didn't have the internet capability etc but it really surprised me how easy it was to change the "technology" within the car.

Lol I'm sure Audi wouldn't be that interested in helping, easy life for them to just say no ;)

I just wondered as the only part that appears to be missing is the SIM card. I already have the Tech Pack so have the bigger screen, the car also appears to have the WiFi hotspot as I can connect to it and use the music stream app. Also logging into the connect website it gives me the pin code to link it to connect etc.

I remember reading somewhere that the Tech Pack was modular and upgradeable?

Can I assume the DVD player in the globe box houses the HDD and brains of the system etc making it an expensive upgrade rather than just swapping out the DVD for one with a SIM card?

I wonder if connect can be retrofitted?

Do you have the SIM card slot in the glovebox? If so, it could just be software... although it has to be done through Audi / they have to know about it, because you use their web services to access the functions. If not, you'd need to replace the whole MMI computer in the glove box I imagine (or maybe just the front fascia for it, but doubt it'll be that easy!)

Do you have the SIM card slot in the glovebox? If so, it could just be software... although it has to be done through Audi / they have to know about it, because you use their web services to access the functions. If not, you'd need to replace the whole MMI computer in the glove box I imagine (or maybe just the front fascia for it, but doubt it'll be that easy!)

No SIM card slot, but have but have WiFi and website says it's activated, weird?