Biathalon cloth/leather or fine nappa ?

dick wad

Reaction score
Because of the long wait for my new A3 S-Line i keep wanting to change my spec. Partly because if i'm honest i've spent to much and also i'm very indecisive. I've never had an Audi with full leather before and after seeing a few low mileage A3's with baggie wrinkled leather i'm wondering if it's worth the money. What do think ?

And........ do i really need that sunroof ? :think:

I would have gone for full leather but as i bought it when i seen it in the showroom it came with what the dealer had specced for it.
As for the suroof, again i would have like that but i did get around to looking at one with the sunroof and wasnt sure on it in the end. I did like the extra light it bring to the cabin but.. it doesnt look very tidy if im honest.

It sounds like you've specced a nice car though and im sure you will enjoy it when it arrives. What is the exact model spec you have ordered ?

I'd drop the leather, I found it too slippy and it never seems to age well. Went with the alacantara and leather option plus I think it looks better.

Reactions: dick wad
I've got the Nappa leather and love it, no problems sliding around etc. it looks really nice, smells nice and is easy to keep clean. I had full leather in my S3 but hated the embossed centre sections, seemed more like cardboard than leather, Nappa in the 8v is much better quality.

Mark

Id be surprised if you can amend the car build.

Relax and enjoy what you have ordered. The problem with Audis is there is always somthing you could have dropped and something you could have added.

Because of the long wait for my new A3 S-Line i keep wanting to change my spec. Partly because if i'm honest i've spent to much and also i'm very indecisive. I've never had an Audi with full leather before and after seeing a few low mileage A3's with baggie wrinkled leather i'm wondering if it's worth the money. What do think ?

And........ do i really need that sunroof ? :think:

standard sline fabric / part leather looks really good, plus warm in winter / cool in summer and not as slippery as leather, ages better and is cheaper so was easy choice for me. ( children and spillages make leather a more viable option for some though)

sunroof, definitely a must for me, looks great inside & out, open & closed and lightens up interior. My favourite option, was first on my wish list, especially if contrasts the paint colour.
is a bit expensive for it, but my discount I got covered, sunroof + Audi upgrade sound system + interior lights pack, so could justify it to my self :thumbsup:!

Reactions: dick wad
I would have gone for full leather but as i bought it when i seen it in the showroom it came with what the dealer had specced for it.
As for the suroof, again i would have like that but i did get around to looking at one with the sunroof and wasnt sure on it in the end. I did like the extra light it bring to the cabin but.. it doesnt look very tidy if im honest.

It sounds like you've specced a nice car though and im sure you will enjoy it when it arrives. What is the exact model spec you have ordered ?

Hi Casey87 firstly how do you write your car spec in blue at the bottom ?

My order:

2.0 LTR TDI Sline Stronic
Daytona Grey because I'm 47
Heated Seats
Through Load
Privacy Glass
Lumbar Support
Reversible Boot Matt
Electric Dim Mirrors
Non Smoking
Fine Nappa
Model Deletion
Bang un Olufsen
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Comfort Pack
Interior Light Pack
Technology Pack

Then i ditched the Non Smokers Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Reversible boot mat, Dimming mirrors and added Sun Roof and Advanced Key.

standard sline fabric / part leather looks really good, plus warm in winter / cool in summer and not as slippery as leather, ages better and is cheaper so was easy choice for me. ( children and spillages make leather a more viable option for some though)

sunroof, definitely a must for me, looks great inside & out, open & closed and lightens up interior. My favourite option, was first on my wish list, especially if contrasts the paint colour.
is a bit expensive for it, but my discount I got covered, sunroof + Audi upgrade sound system + interior lights pack, so could justify it to my self :thumbsup:!

I got a good discount. 8 percent in fact, that's how i'm trying to justify it too.

Id be surprised if you can amend the car build.

Relax and enjoy what you have ordered. The problem with Audis is there is always somthing you could have dropped and something you could have added.[/QUOTE

Yup that's true, waiting five months dose not help at all. Apparently the dealer said i can amend my order up to six weeks before build week. Only engine or gearbox and extras not body style though.

Ok then i will. What made you go for the four year warranty Fragup ?
I am paying about 40% ish up front / trade in then borrowing 60% over 4 years (at 4.9% / £342 per month) took out loan when ordered car and could guarantee this low rate loan, so will have paid 3 months off by the time I get the car & so the 4 year warrantee will cover me for more than the length of the loan, so gives a bit of piece of mind while still paying off.
that should leave me a £9000 - £10000 ish ? car all paid off as trade in to do the same again next time.
Poss black edition 'proper' will be available by then ! :ninja:

I am paying about 40% ish up front / trade in then borrowing 60% over 4 years (at 4.9% / £342 per month) took out loan when ordered car and could guarantee this low rate loan, so will have paid 3 months off by the time I get the car & so the 4 year warrantee will cover me for more than the length of the loan, so gives a bit of piece of mind while still paying off.
that should leave me a £9000 - £10000 ish ? car all paid off as trade in to do the same again next time.
Poss black edition 'proper' will be available by then ! :ninja:

Oh i see. Who did you get your loan through Fragup seems like a good rate. Can't understand why there is no Black Edition proper yet, well in saying that it's obvious really they will launch it when sales slow down i guess. Have you test drove the 1.4 cod then ?

Oh i see. Who did you get your loan through Fragup seems like a good rate. Can't understand why there is no Black Edition proper yet, well in saying that it's obvious really they will launch it when sales slow down i guess. Have you test drove the 1.4 cod then ?

loan was Naionwide, got reduced rate as mortgage is with them as well.
you get a better rate if you borrow between £7500 & £14900(which I did) as soon as you go up to £15000 you tip in to next loan band and percentage went up to 7.6% ish ! From memory, I guess as is slightly higher risk I suppose, so am glad I did my research, as no point getting a good price on car then wasting it on high interest loan payments.

have driven Slines and sportbacks and similar engines, but not C.O.D. Was fairly new when started looking / ordered and none where about to test drive round my way (i think only one person on forum had a C.O.D. at that point) so have brought on faith a bit, sounds mad as is the only bit of car I haven't really tested properly ! But have read every review going and doesn't seem to disappoint.

I have had 2 last cars in black so wanted a change, but might go for the whole blacked out look again next time.
I am not overly keen on the chrome on black look, so bring on the black edition and if you get the black rotary alloys available outside of UK they are very cool.

Alcantara !

I had it in my A4 Avant and after 83000 miles was as good as new!
Got it in my A3 SB too.

I highly recommend it!

Alcantara !

I had it in my A4 Avant and after 83000 miles was as good as new!
Got it in my A3 SB too.

I highly recommend it!

I thought that Alcantara would look bad quite quickly. I had it in my Lancia Delta Integrali and loved it but showed every mark. Sorry for name dropping.

Love the Alcantara in my SB, so glad I got it!

I vote for the biathlon cloth/leather combo. I had full nappa in my old TT. It was soft and comfortable, but didn't wear too well, plus it got quite warm in the summer. I have high hopes that the half and half will give better service