Chris NottEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buneet

Thread: Startup radio volume control

Reverse Gear

Status

Startup radio volume control

Hi folks

Is there any way to control how the radio behaves when the car is turned on? I've noticed that every time I start the car, the radio comes on (quite loudly) even if it was turned off before the car was last stopped.

I looked through all the MMI options but couldn't see anything. Ideally, it would do what it was last doing when the car was turned off. Or alternatively set it to come on at a lower volume.

Does anyone else even have this issue?

Thanks

DP

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Piranha View Post
    Ideally, it would do what it was last doing when the car was turned off. Or alternatively set it to come on at a lower volume.
    I am sure mine turns on to the volume it was at before I switched off the ignition .... will test it out later
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    It does within limits. If you had it very loud or very quiet before you turned the ignition off, it resets the volume back to a normal level.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    I'm 99% sure mine starts with the volume where I turned the car off.
    Audi A3 Sportback 1.4 COD S Line
    Glacier White, Advanced Key, Audi Sound System, Comfort Package, Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, SD Sat Nav.

1st Gear

Status
    When I start my car in the morning I can swear that I wasn't listening to the music that loud before! Probably because I'm not fully aware yet
    cemerson likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi folks

Is there any way to control how the radio behaves when the car is turned on? I've noticed that every time I start the car, the radio comes on (quite loudly) even if it was turned off before the car was last stopped.

I looked through all the MMI options but couldn't see anything. Ideally, it would do what it was last doing when the car was turned off. Or alternatively set it to come on at a lower volume.

Does anyone else even have this issue?

Thanks

DP
    I just turn it off before i kill the engine so that it is off when i start.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by karlabdool View Post
    I just turn it off before i kill the engine so that it is off when i start.
    But that's the problem I am having - even when I do this, the radio starts automatically next time!

AJB
    1st Gear

Status

This is one thing I've looked for, can't find, and miss! My old 2002 Octavia had an option to set the max volume the radio would power on at. Really useful if I'd ended up turning it up really loud one journey, but didn't want a shock early the next morning... It's a shame that with all the options on the A3, one I used to have isn't there!

However, I think mine does come on at the volume I had when I last used it. I hardly ever mute it, so can't comment on that, but at the volumes I use I think it comes back where I've left it.

4th Gear

Status
    my 06 S3 with RNS-E does this, turn on ign and the volume is pretty loud. does my head in.
    back to boost, oh how I missed thee....

1st Gear

Status
    But that's the problem I am having - even when I do this, the radio starts automatically next time!
    Hold down the power / volume / track wheel until the AMI screen goes down and the central display says "entertainment off." The system then won't come back on next time you start the car.
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, but then you can't use nav, phone etc either
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

mls
    Neutral

Status
    So it looks like, in order for the radio not to come on automatically when you start the car, you have to turn off the MMI ?
    seriously ?

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, it's stupid. Can't believe they didn't think of that and at least make it a setting you can change.

1st Gear

Status
    That is so weird, as all the test cars I've taken for a spin, each time the radio volume is down, and if I want to test the sound system, I've always used the switch on the steering wheel to put up the volume.
    On order S3 Sedan - S-Tronic, Sepang Blue, Performance Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Folding mirrors, Privacy glass and Tinted windows.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Longy View Post
    That is so weird, as all the test cars I've taken for a spin, each time the radio volume is down, and if I want to test the sound system, I've always used the switch on the steering wheel to put up the volume.
    i am sure i saw a pre set for volume levels somewhere in the mmi menu.