AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Xenon headlights - adjustment?

The manual tells me that Xenon headlights are adjusted automatically for weight, braking etc. However, I am experiencing a minor issue. Yes the lights are good and bright, dipped in particular is very good. Full beam presents a minor issue, the road immediately in front of the car and along a good bit of the road is fine, the tree branches high up are well lit too, but right where the light should illuminate the end of the road there is a dark band. So to try and explain further, I have two bands of bright light and a poorly lit band in the middle. I have never experienced this before and I take it nothing can be done?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Can you park down a dark lane and take a picture?
    +incoming (64) S3 (300) Sportback S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black
    -outgoing (63) A5 2.0TDI (177) Black Edition S-Tronic Coupe Quattro
    Phantom Black

VCDS Location: NI (East Antrim)

- (62) A1 1.6TDI (105) Sport Manual Sportback Brilliant Black
    - (62) S3 (265) Sportback Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

- (58) TT Roadster 3.2 V6 (250) S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by monopole View Post
    Can you park down a dark lane and take a picture?
    Might get arrested! However, I will try and find a foreground that works as an illustration, like a wall. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same problem?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Red Monster View Post
    The manual tells me that Xenon headlights are adjusted automatically for weight, braking etc. However, I am experiencing a minor issue. Yes the lights are good and bright, dipped in particular is very good. Full beam presents a minor issue, the road immediately in front of the car and along a good bit of the road is fine, the tree branches high up are well lit too, but right where the light should illuminate the end of the road there is a dark band. So to try and explain further, I have two bands of bright light and a poorly lit band in the middle. I have never experienced this before and I take it nothing can be done?
    It's just down to distance - objects at the top and bottom are close to you so get illuminated, objects in the distance (ie, down the road) are too far to be lit up properly so are dark. Not much you can do about it, it's physics!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Full LED baby !

Status
    xenons can be adjusted (by Audi or by yourself) they auto adjust but that doesn't meen they are well adjusted.
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...