Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Hold assist retro fit ?

Does anyone know if this can be retro fitted as having read the reviews on here it sounds like a very nice bit of kit for only £90.

Thanks guys
    2013 (63) Audi A3 1.8TFSi Sportback Manual S-Line in Glacier White,Privacy Glass, Xenons,Sat-Nav,

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    £90 when ordered with the car - doesn't mean it'll be that much if you retro-fit it!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    I know that was the option price and to retro fit would be more i just want to know if it could be done.
    I enquired about retro fitting the folding mirrors and was told it was a new wiring loom and that it couldnt be done :-(
    2013 (63) Audi A3 1.8TFSi Sportback Manual S-Line in Glacier White,Privacy Glass, Xenons,Sat-Nav,

Neutral

Status
    I think it is probably something that can be coded with VCDS since there is unlikely to be any additional hardware (except the swtich).

Perhaps it can be activated with VCDS to always be on meaning the switch isn't needed? I don't have a copy of VCDS personally otherwise I'd have a play around
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI Daytona Grey S-Line with technology pack, Bang & Olufsen, comfort pack, privacy glass, leather & alcantara seats, interior light pack and 40mm lowering springs

Project car - VW Golf MK4 1.8T conversion from 1.4E

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey87 View Post
    I enquired about retro fitting the folding mirrors and was told it was a new wiring loom and that it couldnt be done :-(
    Huh, who told you that?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    NHN, If you have any information on what can be retro fitted to the 8V, that would help owners like me what could be added at a later date

I only enquired about the Xenon lights and you advised this could be fitted but dont know if you have performed before.

Neutral

Status
    The service guy in Liverpool Audi.

I expected that it would require additional motors in each mirror but to be honest i didnt think it would be a full wiring loom required.

What do you think ?

3rd Gear

Status
    After all the great reports I am beginning to regret not speccing it. What odds that a small addition like this would push my build date back? Worth the risk?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The service guy in Liverpool Audi.

I expected that it would require additional motors in each mirror but to be honest i didnt think it would be a full wiring loom required.

What do you think ?
    Without being arrogant, asking any service desk personnel that doesn't/hasn't lifted a tool to an audi, would be a mistake as they have no real technical experience of working on the cars, often I read about service desks that say no it cant be done, when I've already fitted certain options to the same car they're discussing, rather annoying to say the least.

What they should say is, we don't personally install these systems.

Neutral

Status
    I suspect anything is possible for a price.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    It all comes down to time, effort & money.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hold assist retro fit solution; use a combination of handbrake, foot brake, clutch and accelerator (if you have s tronic replace clutch with automatic biting poit); like you have managed to do without any issue in however many years of driving that you have been driving for.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    After all the great reports I am beginning to regret not speccing it. What odds that a small addition like this would push my build date back? Worth the risk?
    Depends on your current build date.
    After I placed my original order, 4 weeks later i added Hill assist, didn't change my build date. Now that i have the car im so pleased that I added it.

IMO, even if it does change the build date, it's well worth it, you have waited this long............
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    It all comes down to time, effort & money.
    NHN, don't mean to hijack the thread, but do you know if the Tyre Pressure Monitor be retrofitted to the new A3? And if so what would be the cost?

Thanks
    Mark
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Neutral

Status
    Without being arrogant, asking any service desk personnel that doesn't/hasn't lifted a tool to an audi, would be a mistake as they have no real technical experience of working on the cars, often I read about service desks that say no it cant be done, when I've already fitted certain options to the same car they're discussing, rather annoying to say the least.

What they should say is, we don't personally install these systems.
    i was in getting the satnav fitted and just asked the question about the mirrors ? If I'm not to ask the service desk how would I ever no any different if it could or could not be fitted.
    It's either the service desk or the sales floor for advice and I would expect the service desk to be a little more clued up about it than the sales staff.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    i was in getting the satnav fitted and just asked the question about the mirrors ? If I'm not to ask the service desk how would I ever no any different if it could or could not be fitted.
    It's either the service desk or the sales floor for advice and I would expect the service desk to be a little more clued up about it than the sales staff.
    The sat nav isn't a retrofit as such, as the hardware is already fitted & its just the activation they do via Germany, that's by design tbh so service desk would know about this in as far as it can be activated, but not hardware side of things, but anything above the spec of your car & not an official install, wouldn't be known to service desks tbh, even if it has & can be done, as allot of them have no real technical expertise or knowledge of the cars anyway.

Yes I understand what you're saying & nobody is suggesting you shouldn't ask them 1st, as joe bloggs would expect them to know these things, it as just an observation & comment of what I know about the service departments, forums know allot more about the cars than allot of service personnel tbh.

TPMS relies on abs controller mostly, so if yours is the same as someone with tpms working, then yes by this we could assume it can be enabled, if its not blocked by audi or another module wont allow the enablement.

4th Gear

Status
    TPMS relies on abs controller mostly, so if yours is the same as someone with tpms working, then yes by this we could assume it can be enabled, if its not blocked by audi or another module wont allow the enablement.
    Thanks NHN. Looks as though it may be possible, more digging required!