• 5 Post By cemerson
  • 2 Post By dieseldoug
  • 5 Post By Daveotto
  • 1 Post By viperfire

Thread: electronic cigarette danger!

1st Gear

Status

electronic cigarette danger!

Driving a long a 40 mph dual carriageways 2 nights ago i noticed a object rolling under my car. I suddenly hear a hissing noise and knew i had a flat tyre.

I managed to change the wheel and get the space saver on and i had something that looked like a spark plug sticking out of my conti 5. Took it to a local tyre centre and the hole was too big for a puncture repair. I had to foot the cost of a new tyre!

turns out the culprit was an electronic cigarette if you hadn't guessed. Obviously some scum bag threw this out of his window but i think it highlights the danger of doing that. They are lethal if they can take out a tyre with nearly full tread!
    1.4 TFSI 122ps A3 SportBack. Comfort pack, Audi sound system, Daytona grey, SD Sat Nav, S line trim. Love it!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    scum bag out of window ?

could have been some normal member of the public lost it ?

1st Gear

Status
    I should have mentioned it came rolling over the the other side of the dual carriageways very quickly as a car went by.g
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    scum bag out of window ?

could have been some normal member of the public lost it ?
    1.4 TFSI 122ps A3 SportBack. Comfort pack, Audi sound system, Daytona grey, SD Sat Nav, S line trim. Love it!

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    still could have been clipped by a passing car

its just bad when ppl make a statement like above that the person was scum
    when you have no idea at all who why or what happend.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for the sympathy pal!

ez101;1982914]still could have been clipped by a passing car

its just bad when ppl make a statement like above that the person was scum
    when you have no idea at all who why or what happend.[/QUOTE]

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    your welcome

but these days its all to easy to call people
    at the end of the day its a trye.

1st Gear

Status
    your welcome

but these days its all to easy to call people
    at the end of the day its a trye.
    mod having a go as he knows i cant retaliate shocker! Enjoy your Sunday being a keyboard warrior old chap. I'm off to detail the motor!

didn't think Audi sport was like this

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    im not a mod and not haveing ago at anything

i just think its wrong giveing someone a lable when no one knows whats happend
    and your calling me a keyboard warrior ?

lableing someone again cos you didnt like what was typed.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by viperfire View Post
    mod having a go as he knows i cant retaliate shocker! Enjoy your Sunday being a keyboard warrior old chap. I'm off to detail the motor!

didn't think Audi sport was like this
    I wouldn't exactly say he's being a keyboard warrier, he's just suggesting you don't jump to conclusions. Speaking from experience when I assume I'm wrong!

With that said, it's rather obvious that a piece of hot metal bouncing down the carriageway at an impact speed of 80mph is dangerous and I can't imagine that any of the members here, most of whom I feel are pretty decent people who are out to help one another, would consider throwing something like that out of their window!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status
    im not a mod and not haveing ago at anything

i just think its wrong giveing someone a lable when no one knows whats happend
    and your calling me a keyboard warrior ?

lableing someone again cos you didnt like what was typed.

What's a MOD ?

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dick wad View Post
    What's a MOD ?
    A Moderator.
    People with blue names that looks after the forum and make sure we all behave ourselves.

Bez is a area rep. He represents the forum his area, which is Yorkshire & Humber.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dick wad View Post
    What's a MOD ?
    Ministry Of Defence
    or
    MODerator of the forum

if it's the first option viper fire might have dug himself a hole !

N.b. you have my sympathy viper fire, is a pain and expense at best what ever the reason.
    viperfire likes this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by viperfire View Post
    mod having a go as he knows i cant retaliate shocker!
    Moderators are members first so any lively debate is welcomed,if someone does not agree with me then they can have a go and retaliate but like any normal member you cannot abuse them.

I think whoever ditched the electric fag did not want to but can see why you said scumbag as its cost you a new tyre.
    viperfire likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Thank you Voorhees
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Moderators are members first so any lively debate is welcomed,if someone does not agree with me then they can have a go and retaliate but like any normal member you cannot abuse them.

I think whoever ditched the electric fag did not want to but can see why you said scumbag as its cost you a new tyre.

6th Gear

Status
    Person in front of me threw a fag out his window the other day while stopped at a junction. Only just managed to resist getting out the car and throwing it back in his window.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Just as well it wasn't a biker then that may have been fatal, too many people throwing things out of windows. Bikers have very limited protection if fag ends are thrown out they may get stuck in their boots, or between the helmet and neck. If you feel your door being kicked you my understand why, this has never happened to me but I now a few guys this has happened to.
    viperfire and JudderMan like this.

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

1st Gear

Status
    I get furious seeing people chuck rubbish out of car windows ESP fag ends... I'm a biker and I've had one of these land in my lap... Grrrrr...

4th Gear

Status
    Where else am I supposed to put my tabbies?
    Some bright spark specced mine with the non smoking pack so no ashtray lol
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    Buy one off ebay then!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieWebs View Post
    Where else am I supposed to put my tabbies?
    Some bright spark specced mine with the non smoking pack so no ashtray lol
    Kick the habit for stoptober?!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by @udi A3 View Post
    Kick the habit for stoptober?!
    7 months without a cigarette for me and now have a very nice watch as a reminder
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Person in front of me threw a fag out his window the other day while stopped at a junction. Only just managed to resist getting out the car and throwing it back in his window.
    In my last A3 a couple of years ago, I pulled up at the local shops and, just as I did so, something hit my windscreen and made me jump, then I noticed smoke coming from just in front of the windscreen. I jumped out to have a look, only to see a lit cigarette lying in the rain guttering bit in front of the windscreen where the wipers are!

Some total moron had obviously decided to flick a lit cigarette away as I was pulling up, without any regard for where it was going or might land. I couldn't actually get at it and had to pop the bonnet to retrieve it before it started melting its way through the plastic.

Looked around but couldn't see anyone who might have done it - whoever it was probably did so just as they were entering one of the shops. I was beyond livid.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Careful vertigo don't say moron bez will be on your case
    dick wad likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Hi, I think with both of these cases it was just down to sheer bad luck of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, probably a thousand to one chance....