Badger5EM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fatmatt

Thread: My baby needs a detailer

Reverse Gear

Status

My baby needs a detailer

Hello everyone,

this is my first post, but have been frequent visitor since in ordered my A3, never had a reason to post until now.

I finally received my new A3 a week ago and have been extremely happy since she arrived, that was until I arrived home this afternoon to find painters were painting my building and have covered the car in paint spatter. Does anyone know of a really good detailer near west London who will show the car as much love as I do?

thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Bad news, I cant suggest anybody to help but maybe try checking in the detailing section of this forum or also detailingworld.com
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Hi Matt, i would find out who the painters were, they have to be sub contracted to paint the block by a maintenance company, and you can claim on there public liabilty insurance. Really not acceptable. Did they have warning signs saying not to park there.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

5th Gear

Status
    That is gutting, I hope you are getting them to pay to rectify the damage
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    I am with TDI and Dave on this, they really need to pay to get this sorted out!
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

3rd Gear

Status
    A friend of mine had a similar thing happen when she parked at work, a nearby aircon unit failed covering her pride and joy in fine metal shavings. The insurance company had to pay to get the whole car re sprayed!
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Bob, I will take a look,

luckily I live on an estate which has a full time caretaker on site and was able to show her damage whilst painters were still there. So money not an issue, just need someone who is more anal then me to remove paint without causing damage. If its not done right the first time, can potentially be a nightmare to fix later..

5th Gear

Status
    Just thought I'd tell you that I'm a industrial media blaster and painter by trade ( airless paint spraying) and in the past I've covered some proper cars by accident, overspray can travel miles! My insurance don't even argue they just pay out for resprays for the claimants that's why I pay for insurance ! I once covered 7 concours BMW's including a show winning e30 m3 obviously its by mistake we don't mean too and often its the scaffolders fault for not sheeting up properly but again that's why we pay insurance .

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    Assuming they were painting outside walls, the paint spatter is most likely a water based paint, it'll be easy enough to clean off if you, or someone else gets on with it quick - like now. The longer you leave it, the more it'll cure making it tougher to remove, but it will still come off. Hot/warm soapy water should loosen the spots, then a good wash, etc, etc.

Chase the painters up afterwards!

Cheers, Paul.
    Very proud owner of Audi A3 Sportback S Line 2.0TDI in Daytona Grey.

Comfort Pack, Light & Rain Sensor Pack, Audi Sound System, Heated Front Seats, Panoramic Glass Sunroof, Sat Nav (SD Card Based)

Ordered April 14th, Delivered June 24th.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sean - let me know if your ever working in the west London area, I will go holidays.

Paul - tried that and still no good, worried if I keep washing may scratch the car, think it would be best to have a professional work his magic rather then remove all the scratches I put on the car..
    s33nyboy12 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    On this subject, do not ever, ever, ever, use sprayable fence paint. The little bits go everywhere, but it ok its quicker Im speaking from past experience.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status
    Just using a clay bar should remove it

4th Gear

Status
    How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Reverse Gear

Status
    Close to £500, but a lot of work was put in and it looks amazing. Hard to see how good with photos

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatmatt View Post
    Close to £500, but a lot of work was put in and it looks amazing. Hard to see how good with photos
    Christ, there's a detailer in Cambridge near me who has a nationwide reputation for providing a great service... They're called up to Scotland to do car collections. Anyway their website quotes £300 for 8 hours work on a hatchback size car, I don't know whether the sportback would fall into this category of car though. I believe they charge extra for some Gtechniq products, not sure which one though. Did they mention how long your wax will last?
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi guys,

to give you an update, finally got the car detailed. Took it to Bellissimoto in south London. Ecstatic with the results, highly recommend them. They finished with Swissvax best in show. She is gleaming!!

ill try and upload photos soon, if I can work out how
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Christ, there's a detailer in Cambridge near me who has a nationwide reputation for providing a great service... They're called up to Scotland to do car collections. Anyway their website quotes £300 for 8 hours work on a hatchback size car, I don't know whether the sportback would fall into this category of car though. I believe they charge extra for some Gtechniq products, not sure which one though. Did they mention how long your wax will last?
    Gtechniq is more of a polymer sealant and lasts a long time, but does not have the shine of a canuba wax. Swissvax is one of the best, it has 56% canuba wax and give your car that great wet look. Though only last a couple of months at best. I was given the choice, decided to go for the wax. Figgered this was my best chance to see the car in all it's glory while its still brand new. I'll admit, detail was not cheap but as I said happy with results. I tried a few places around London and they were average price with the work required getting paint off.

4th Gear

Status
    Okay, they also offer a 'vintage wax' although I have no idea which brand. The only thing is with it coming up to christmas I think I'd rather protect the car from the bad weather and salts by applying the polymer sealant and then go for the wax finish in the run up to summer when I think it will last longer & the car will not require as much protection.

In any instance your car looks stunning with the finish it's got. If I lived locally I'd definitely give these guys a bell.

I'm just glad I'm not paying London prices!

1st Gear

Status
    I also used Bellissimoto a few weeks ago, for a Gtechniq treatment. Again was very impressed with the results, and Andrew who runs it is a genuinely nice guy who is clearly very passionate about his work. Here's mine:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6391034&type=3
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.