Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Snake Pliskin
  • 2 Post By cemerson
  • 1 Post By paullowther

Thread: APRIL?!!!...

1st Gear

Status

APRIL?!!!...

Just been told by salesman that a SB TDI 184 S-line Quattro S-tronic ordered now would likely not b delivered before APRIL?!!! Anyone else ordering now getting these estimates on delivery?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Audi cant keep up with orders, and dealers are not declining them. Aug 15 ordered for 1st March delivery, originally told December by the dealer. Not that fussed tbh, like others i've waited for 3 other Audis

3rd Gear

Status
    6 months appears to be the norm ongoing.

So glad I am now 5 months into my wait as it does do your head in waiting for so long, especially after the initial excitement of placing an order, then realising you need to quash the excitement for several months.

It is all worth it come car collection day though
    dick wad and Smythy like this.
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    Yes, 6 months is around the standard waiting time at the moment.

The dealers are only given a certain allocation of cars that they can order each month from the factory, and only so many of those are going to be A3s or A3 Sportbacks, so they can't meet the demand at the moment, but they still keep taking the orders and put you on a list.

It's frustrating to have to wait, but worth it when you take delivery.

If you really want one quicker, there could be some ex demonstrators available for sale before then?

2nd Gear

Status
    Ouch. I thought my 4 months was bad but after the first week it flew by....

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

6th Gear

Status
    Best thing to do is order it then forget about it... Just don't try and get too excited. Then it'll be here quicker than you think!
    TDI-line and dick wad like this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    April is just a stupid amount of time to wait, bearing in mind most people only have the car for 2 - 4 years and you have to wait for the best part of a year to get it, depends on your situation with your current car, but for me that would have ruled it out.
    3 1/2 months is my predicted delivery and that's a long time to wait, glad I planed ahead, but was still surprised at the delay when I first looked in it an Audi. My colleague got a ford focus all spec'ed up in under 6 weeks.
    I'm not saying i would have bought a focus, but would certainly be looking at other options.
    If you do decide to wait it is certainly a great car, good luck either way !
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

4th Gear

Status
    Ouch! Thought my wait of 5 months was long enough. Ah well, at least your will get the new 14 plate!
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

Reverse Gear

Status
    When I bought my first Audi A3 it was ordered 10.5.1997 and delivered 28.1.1998 .....

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StefRobinson View Post
    Yes, 6 months is around the standard waiting time at the moment.

The dealers are only given a certain allocation of cars that they can order each month from the factory, and only so many of those are going to be A3s or A3 Sportbacks, so they can't meet the demand at the moment, but they still keep taking the orders and put you on a list.

It's frustrating to have to wait, but worth it when you take delivery.

If you really want one quicker, there could be some ex demonstrators available for sale before then?
    Yeah! that would lead me on to my next observation....the ridiculously high priced used S3 8V's on the Audi site, some not available until December with miles already on it? Are these anticipated miles of ex demonstrator cars that dealers want to sell? How can they arrive to the current asking price if only available in December, will the car remain stationary until then without adding further miles, surely the price would go down by December? Confused.

L

4th Gear

Status
    It's disappointing considering the amount of money you pay for an Audi, delivery times are a major part of the overall experience & given the rise of the on demand culture we now live in 6 months is hard to swallow!

With this said it's clearly something Audi could address if they really wanted to, I come down to the thought that it's part of the Audi marketing machine. Building the anticipation amongst their customers. We've been brought up thinking that those things we can't have, or those things that we have to wait for are usually better and more desirable.
    Louay likes this.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    It's disappointing considering the amount of money you pay for an Audi, delivery times are a major part of the overall experience & given the rise of the on demand culture we now live in 6 months is hard to swallow!

With this said it's clearly something Audi could address if they really wanted to, I come down to the thought that it's part of the Audi marketing machine. Building the anticipation amongst their customers. We've been brought up thinking that those things we can't have, or those things that we have to wait for are usually better and more desirable.
    So so true Paul. Should have put a deposit down when the first S3 was released in 1999 for delivery of the 8V in 2014, 15 year wait lol, bit too long, they could of given me updates every year of design phases etc etc.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PembsA3 View Post
    Just been told by salesman that a SB TDI 184 S-line Quattro S-tronic ordered now would likely not b delivered before APRIL?!!! Anyone else ordering now getting these estimates on delivery?
    I ordered that spec at the end of August and ended up with approx 3 1/2 month wait. Have things really got that much busier since then???
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

1st Gear

Status
    Try talking to some other dealers. What part of the country are you in?
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Hi Pembs, there are built and specced 184 TDI Quattro's in the dealers network. It's just a matter of going to your local helpful dealer and asking him to look.

Mine was with me within one week of finding a good specced one, and there were some lovely highly specced ones too. If you have a particular spec, and can be a little flexible, then you may have one sooner.

So, did the test drive go ok.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Rup
    Reverse Gear

Status
    At least it means the re-sale values should be good
    A3 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
    Scuba Blue
    Lovely grey Alcantara Seats

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry for delay!... South West Wales is where I am... Not ideal for playing dealers off against each other esp as the nearest three belong to the same group!!! Also my local dealer is not so 'helpful' - would not even let me change my last order from badged to de badged - said it couldn't be done... Also I'm still waiting for the test drive they promised at beginning of September!... I'm not a happy bunny - Audi seriously winding me up. Have already reluctantly been to my local BMW dealer who couldn't do enough for me. Offered me a very highly specced pre-reg 520d M-Sport for 8k off retail (that's LESS money than 'my' spec of A3 would cost), and only 3 miles on the clock - AND they let me test drive it!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Yeah! that would lead me on to my next observation....the ridiculously high priced used S3 8V's on the Audi site, some not available until December with miles already on it? Are these anticipated miles of ex demonstrator cars that dealers want to sell? How can they arrive to the current asking price if only available in December, will the car remain stationary until then without adding further miles, surely the price would go down by December? Confused.

L
    Anyone able to answer this? It would be interesting to hear how dealers arrive to these figures.

Neutral

Status
    Are these times all for the SB and 3 door? I wonder if the saloon will be quicker as I'm contemplating getting one. Will probably end up with the SB as they look a bit sportier and will be probably be easier to shift on in a few years.

1st Gear

Status
    I ordered a 3dr sport last week and I've had a call from the dealer saying its going in for build week 50, so just before Xmas. But originally I was quoted 5 months