EM TuningAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By McAudi

Thread: Got an estimated delivery date for my Saloon - eventually.

BGS
    1st Gear

Status

Got an estimated delivery date for my Saloon - eventually.

So after much back and forth with incorrect orders and me changing my mind more than a few times the lease have company have finally given me an estimated delivery to my local dealership of 31st Jan 2014. I guess thats about the going rate for delivery times at the moment so not too much of a shock. I am praying that if it should change it will be in my favour as by all accounts the saloon times are pretty good at the mo.

The wealth of knowledge on here really has been a massive help in deciding on my spec so thanks to one and all. I look forward to being able to add my own contribution to the pics thread in the new year.
    Last edited by BGS; 2nd October 2013 at 16:00.
    A3 1.4tfsi CoD Saloon Stron Sline - Misano Red & 19's
    Advanced Key, Mag Ride, Parking Plus, B&O Sound, Driver Assist Pack, Extended Mono Interior, Super Sport Seats, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Int Lighting, LED Headlights, Prog Steering, Reversing Cam, Tech Pack - High.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    When you do get the car, and I am so jealous, I will be looking forward to a full test report with as many pictures as possible please...

Rup
    Reverse Gear

Status
    May as well wait a month and get it on the new plate?
    A3 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
    Scuba Blue
    Lovely grey Alcantara Seats

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rup View Post
    May as well wait a month and get it on the new plate?
    +1
    +incoming (64/Sep 1st) S3 (300) Sportback S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black
    -outgoing (63) A5 2.0TDI (177) Black Edition S-Tronic Coupe Quattro
    Phantom Black

VCDS Location: NI (East Antrim)

- (62) A1 1.6TDI (105) Sport Manual Sportback Brilliant Black
    - (62) S3 (265) Sportback Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

- (58) TT Roadster 3.2 V6 (250) S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by monopole View Post
    +1
    +2

That's what I did with mine after finding out I wouldn't get it until sometime in August. I waited a couple more weeks and had it on the 1st September as a 63

BGS
    1st Gear

Status
    As it is a lease i'm not too worried about the 14 plate. In fact, if I take the option to buy the car at the end of the lease it might make it a bit cheaper for me on a 63. I'm most likely to hand it back and get another new one though, who knows what new toys they will have on the 17 plate
    Advanced Key, Mag Ride, Parking Plus, B&O Sound, Driver Assist Pack, Extended Mono Interior, Super Sport Seats, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Int Lighting, LED Headlights, Prog Steering, Reversing Cam, Tech Pack - High.

Neutral

Status
    You should have added a few extras ;-)
    BGS likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I'm looking at the saloon too, but can't make my mind up. The SB looks sportier but the saloon looks a bit classier. Saw a Sports saloon side by side with an S Line SB and the SB looked so much better. I need to see an S Line saloon before I commit but must wait a few weeks for my dealer to get one in.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by McAudi View Post
    I'm looking at the saloon too, but can't make my mind up. The SB looks sportier but the saloon looks a bit classier. Saw a Sports saloon side by side with an S Line SB and the SB looked so much better. I need to see an S Line saloon before I commit but must wait a few weeks for my dealer to get one in.
    Surely the deciding factor saloon vs SB is simply how much stuff you need to lug around in the back?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

Neutral

Status
    Actually, the boot space is neither here nor there. It's the overall shape of the car that I can't decide on.

Reverse Gear

Status
    come on, just look at the back lights of the saloon at night, and you will know....

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Breit View Post
    come on, just look at the back lights of the saloon at night, and you will know....
    They're really that bad?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by McAudi View Post
    Actually, the boot space is neither here nor there. It's the overall shape of the car that I can't decide on.
    For me then, the SB wins - slightly shorter (easier to manouevere and park) and you get a rear wiper thrown in - something I hate about saloons!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Ive seen the saloon and it does look very smart. I think it will be hard for some people to buy the A4 if they see it next to the A3 saloon. Unless they are really in need of that little bit of extra space the A4 provides the smarter and newer A3 would be the choice.

BGS, looks a nice spec fr the car, should certainly look the business when it arrives
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

BGS
    1st Gear

Status
    Yup, will feel like a Rolls Royce too as it is replacing a T reg Fiat Brava

Just hoping that given the delivery estimate it will be built after November 4th, and that if it does i get the 4g. Does any body know if you have to have ordered after November to get it or if it based on build date?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BGS View Post
    Yup, will feel like a Rolls Royce too as it is replacing a T reg Fiat Brava

Just hoping that given the delivery estimate it will be built after November 4th, and that if it does i get the 4g. Does any body know if you have to have ordered after November to get it or if it based on build date?
    The small print on p61 of the new October pdf brochure talks of cars produced after 4th November - so to me that suggests its the actual build date is what matters.
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

BGS
    1st Gear

Status
    Great, thanks Toad.