OMG??? Why Me????

coolguy

Reaction score
IMG 4507 IMG 4509 IMG 4510 IMG 4511 IMG 4513
When I saw this today, my god my heart just dropped :sob:

I'm not sure who/what/how they did this????

The window has quite a deep scratch and the slight scratches on the chrome and body. Any advice what to do???? Especially the window.

What the hell could have done that to the glass, I've never seen anything scratch toughened glass like that before, stunned it did not shatter. The only option is to have the glass replaced. Sorry to say I think this is an insurance job.

Firstly: Ouch. Very Big Ouch. Sorry to see this and I can feel the pain in my stomach just from the photos.

Was trying to work out what happened from the pattern. Vandal? Or outside chance of a high-cab lorry door on the window & jeans rivets on the paintwork as someone gets in/out? Any chance of CCTV?

Either way: Ouch.

If you run your fingernail over the window scratch and I assume its pretty rough/ grooved then surely a new window......

If vandal - I just don't get why they do this. They'd be pretty p*****d if someone did this to their house so what makes them think its fun to do this to someone else's stuff.

Sorry mate. Really sorry.

John.

Yeah, if I run my finger over the window scratch it is rough. That's what I didn't want to hear, having to replace the window.

I'm really not sure what caused this, still trying to work it out. Something has hit/scratched the window, falling down the door and chrome. But the weird thing is the plastic - 2 marks.

View attachment 21516

Cyclist may have fallen into it...handle bar end could easily have caused that, and would be at roughly the right height.

Doesn't look like vandalism. Vandals usually try leave bigger marks on paintwork.

Either way...gutted for you!!

Can Audi change the window or do I have to go through Autoglass via my car insurance? (Happens that I'm going into the garage next Monday to get my seats changed back to the correct colour fabric, they just phoned me earlier)

Gutted for you.

I had a scratch like that on one of my car a few years back, that was done by someone on a bike, they happened to wipe out my wing mirror as well. Definitely doesn't look like vandals, could well be that someone had their motorbike parked next to you and it fell over.

As for the window, it would of thought I'd be an Autoglass job on your insurance, I think an Audi dealer would just use Autoglass themselves.

Sorry to see that.

Your best bet is to go see your local Audi dealer for the new window and get them to book there smart repair guy for the scratch. It's hard to tell off the pictures but looks like you might get away with a good flat and buff to remove the scratches. Or at least make them look a lot better.

Who's your Main dealer?

Thanks all for the advice.

Jonny, my dealer is Manchester and my car is already booked in to go in on Monday to get my seats changed. I've emailed my dealer with the photos and just have to see if they have help change the window and reduce the scratches on the body.

No problem.

I work for Macclesfield Audi. It's my job to sort all the paint prep, alloy refurb's ect. I'm not sure who Manchester use for there paint but if they can't help here's the number for guy I use 07795 842717 He's called Ivan and his company's Bump A Car. I highly recommend him and he's only based in Stockport so would most likely come out to you.

The good thing is Audi paint work has a very thick layer of lacquer so there's plenty of scope to flat out scratches and buff the shine back in.

Reactions: coolguy and Smythy
Jonny by any chance you know if Audi will help change the window? Not sure if it's the same for each branch.

I had a cyclist hit my car today as he was walking his bike past it (on purpose), luckily no damage. Some cyclists have some kind of vendetta against car drivers, plenty of scumbags out there.

Even if this was an accident, why would you not leave a note to explain? Unbelievable.

If the cyclist did it on purpose, then I hope you spoke to him!

I am a cyclist and the last thing I want to do is **** off a motorist.

I hope your car doesn't cost too much to get repaired. Nothing worse then a unwanted mark on your car

That's the thing, I'm not even sure what did this? I only noticed when I got into the car after popping into the shops very quickly.

That's the thing, I'm not even sure what did this? I only noticed when I got into the car after popping into the shops very quickly.

What shops - any chance of any CCTV near or overlooking where you were parked? If so, you'll need to chase it quick in case they record over things today.

I assume you've reported the damage to the police, if only to get a crime number for insurance/incident logging.

Cheers, Paul

Jonny by any chance you know if Audi will help change the window? Not sure if it's the same for each branch.

Are your seats being changed due to a fault? If your lucky and buy a new window from
them they might fit it as good will. But im
not 100% sure to be honest.

Are your seats being changed due to a fault? If your lucky and buy a new window from
them they might fit it as good will. But im
not 100% sure to be honest.
Jonny, they messed up my order. I ordered blue seats to match my Scuba Blue but no one noticed until I went to collect the car.

So now they have ordered new seats/covers (not sure) and booked in on Monday to get them changed. Will see if they can also do my windows up as a goodwill. I already mentioned this to them yesterday and they said they will have a look at it.