Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

Folding door mirrors....

Hi, just a quick question, with the electric folding mirrors do they automatically fold when you lock the car then unfold again when you unlock?
    Cheers...
    Chris
    Last edited by cuke2u; 1st October 2013 at 11:35.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    There's an option in the MMI to set this. They fold on lock automatically, but unfold on ignition on rather than on unlock.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Hi, just a quick question, with the electric folding mirrors do they automatically fold when you lock the car then unfold again when you unlock?
    Cheers...
    Chris
    Hi cuke2u.

There is an option in the MMI that you need to tick. Then they will automatically fold when locking the car, then they will unfold again when you start the car.

It's a shame they don't unfold on unlocking as this would make a useful way of knowing the car is locked when using the advanced key.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

Neutral

Status
    Hi Guys, as the dealer speced the car im not sure on all of the accessories fitted so where should i be looking in the MMI to see if i have this option. Thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    Easiest way to check for folding mirrors is to look at the wing mirror adjustment knob on the drivers door. If they fold it will have a position you rotate it to for this. (Although you can also fold them automatically using the MMI setting).

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, it's somewhere in the vehicle settings menu I think.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Ok all and thanks for your replies, I find auto folding a necessity so I am please the A3's have this with the optional folding mirrors...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Ok all and thanks for your replies, I find auto folding a necessity so I am please the A3's have this with the optional folding mirrors...
    I take it this is an option to have folding mirrors and not something as standard?

6th Gear

Status
    Yes...

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    It isn't a standard option, but it's not expensive to add them. There are a couple of different options too. You can have the standard folding mirrors on their own, or also have them auto dipping at night etc.

If you're parking in car parks or anywhere near other cars, it's a useful option to have to protect them from being bashed by women's handbags etc. walking past your car

The dealer set mine up so they would automatically fold in when I locked the car. It's a really useful feature, and they do fold in really tightly too.

6th Gear

Status
    Hi, with both versions the folding mirrors the passenger side dips to show the kerbeverse as well. At least I don't think the standard ones have this

6th Gear

Status
    They don't, but it can be enabled easily enough with VCDS I think.