Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By aemac66
  • 1 Post By Smythy
  • 1 Post By Smythy

Thread: I want my car!!!

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Smythy On Twitter Add Smythy on Facebook Visit Smythy's Instagram Channel

I want my car!!!

The car arrived at the Brisbane port last Wednesday and it's still not at Brisbane Audi. Why does it take so long to go from the port to the dealership, especially when you know when it arrives ??
    MY14 Audi A3 1.8TFSi Sportback Manual S-Line Daytona with SSP1 Wheels, Technik Package, Comfort Package and Assistance Package.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Smythys View Post
    The car arrived at the Brisbane port last Wednesday and it's still not at Brisbane Audi. Why does it take so long to go from the port to the dealership, especially when you know when it arrives ??
    1.8 S3?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    1.8 S3?
    That explains why it's so slow to arrive,
    they put a slower engine in the S?3
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Smythy On Twitter Add Smythy on Facebook Visit Smythy's Instagram Channel
    It's an A3 SLine
    MY14 Audi A3 1.8TFSi Sportback Manual S-Line Daytona with SSP1 Wheels, Technik Package, Comfort Package and Assistance Package.

Reverse Gear

Status
    It's an A3 SLine
    hi smythys,
    Andy from melbourne. I'm currently tracking my a3, 1.8 with tech and style packs (along with a few other goodies). it's due to dock in Melb next Saturday and I'm now counting days rather than weeks and months.

got a quick question for you. I think I read that my14 a3s fitted with tech packs now come standard in Australia with the upgraded audi sound system for free. I suspect both our cars are my14 build - did you spec tech and any audio upgrades? if you specked the audi sound system you might be able to get a refund or something else added for free.

Andy

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

My car is my14 and I have ordered with tech, sline,comfort and also assistance packages. If I get the audi upgrade I'm going to be over the MOON!!!

Where did you read that about the technik package??

Reverse Gear

Status
    My car is my14 and I have ordered with tech, sline,comfort and also assistance packages. If I get the audi upgrade I'm going to be over the MOON!!!

Where did you read that about the technik package??
    I read it on another forum *somewhere* but check out the current specs on the audi.com.au you will note that there is a nice addition to the tech pack.
    andy
    Smythy likes this.

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

I also hope it comes with Connect! And DAB

Reverse Gear

Status
    Don't believe connect and dab are added. In aus, we need dab+, however I hopeful that this can be added later. I don't believe audi have a dab+ solution yet.
    Andy

Neutral

Status
    It's an A3 SLine
    I think they're pulling your leg because your signature says 'Audi S3 1.8TFSi'
    Estoril Blue Audi S3 8V Sportback, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Aluminium roof rails

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

I guess that's my error. I'll change it now ;-)
    davejinx likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aemac66 View Post
    Don't believe connect and dab are added. In aus, we need dab+, however I hopeful that this can be added later. I don't believe audi have a dab+ solution yet.
    Andy
    If you get the MMI with DAB functionality then it does support both DAB and DAB+ standards (certainly in UK car spec). Can't imagine they would cripple it for other markets where DAB+ is already being used, as long as you have the hardware.

John.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Andy.......Let's just hope

Reverse Gear

Status
    It was one of the first questions I asked the dealer when looking at the a3. In melbourne we have electric trams which results in very bad AM reception around the city. DAB/DAB+ is not impacted by this. Local dealer says Digital is not offered. Likewise we Miss out on traffic updates on GPS because audi aus does not want to deal with SUNA here in aus for integration into the live update system. I think we Miss out on voice options as well...Aussie dialect an all.
    Still, it's one of the best cars on the market IMHO
    Andy

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davejinx View Post
    I think they're pulling your leg because your signature says 'Audi S3 1.8TFSi'
    yer, sorry couldn't resist. Welcome to the forum
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Andy

Just had confirmation that I've got the audi upgraded sound system!!

Pick up is tomorrow and I've posted a picture from the sales person of my car already on the photo page.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Very nice ride. Looks very good for me and the upgrade as well. Was there any news on DAB?

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

I didn't ask. But I will let you know tomorrow when I pick it up

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Smythy View Post
    Andy

Just had confirmation that I've got the audi upgraded sound system!!

Pick up is tomorrow and I've posted a picture from the sales person of my car already on the photo page.
    just had a look at your photo, Daytona looks really good with those alloys (can't get them in Uk yet)

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

That would explain why I couldn't find a picture of the Daytona and those wheels.

I will post lots more tomorrow. I'm also getting Opti-coat put on it next Friday so the paint work should really POP out.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Also noticed you have a 1.8T badge on the rear. I thought they were not going to identify 1.4 from 1.8s - and just having a TFSI badge where you have your 1.8T.

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

It doesn't bother me. I just want to get it and enjoy my first manual gearbox in over 12 years

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi smythy,
    Any news? Did you pick up your A3?
    Andy

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Got and in it now. What a great looking machine and it drives really great. No DAB

Pictures later after I wash it
    Sandra likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Smythy View Post
    Got and in it now. What a great looking machine and it drives really great. No DAB

Pictures later after I wash it
    No DAB? I thought that was standard now on all new models?

I didn't order DAB as an option with my car, but it came with it fitted!

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Not available in the Australian model which is a shame.

I got folding mirrors which was bonus and a few other little things. I wanted audi connect but they have not released it for us as yet. I hope we can do the pairing feature in the near future.