4 & 5 Year Warranty Question ?

f1nny

Reaction score
Evening all :)

I've got a quick question regarding the 4/5 year warranty ? i picked up my A3 last Friday and whilst I was signing the handover papers I asked if there's proof of my 5 year warranty, to which I got a reply "Audi will send it you in the post within the next few days".

The thing is, whilst I was reading my warranty booklet that tells you about the standard 3 year warranty, I noticed it said if you have the 4/5 year warranty it should be stamped in the service schedule booklet 4 year 75000 miles warranty or 5 year 90000 miles warranty, and also have option code EA6 or EA9 printed on the sticker within the front page.

i don't have any of these in my Service Schedule Book, so I'm just wondering if anyone who's got the 4/5 year warranty has it in theirs ?

Finny

I ordered the 5 year warranty and there is no EA9 code stamped in my service schedule either. I was a little concerned, but if push came to shove I think it's all listed on the spec sheet/receipt I have. Makes me feel better that yours is the same :)

Reactions: f1nny
I'd kick up a fuss and show them these bits of text that say that, get it stamped up!

My dealer told me not to bother with extended warranty.
He probably knows that i won't keep the car long enough to get the benefit!

I ordered the 5 year warranty and there is no EA9 code stamped in my service schedule either. I was a little concerned, but if push came to shove I think it's all listed on the spec sheet/receipt I have. Makes me feel better that yours is the same :)

It's good to know I'm not the only one ;)

I'd kick up a fuss and show them these bits of text that say that, get it stamped up!

Well I'll give the dealership a ring on Monday to ask to get it stamped and a copy of my order form as I've lost mine, if that fails I'll contact Audi UK an ask for a confirmation letter.

My dealer told me not to bother with extended warranty.
He probably knows that i won't keep the car long enough to get the benefit!

Well I've got mine on a 4 year PCP so it was a no brainer for me really, plus If I decided to keep it that extra year it's peace of mind.

Mine wasn't stamped either nor did I have a EA9 code. I queried it with the dealer and after 4 months of them promising to get back to me I ended up going down to the dealership on a day off and waiting till they did something. Apparently it was an admin error as they have the stamps in the office and it should have been done before I collected the car. I ended up leaving with a '5 year' stamp in my service book and a printout of the order sheet to show it had been specified at order time.
Now quite why it took so long for them to sort it out I don't know. Seems typical for Audi in my experience.

Reactions: f1nny and Jeff777LUFC
I think that's what I'm going to have to do, it's just seems strange how the system at the factory doesn't put the option code on the sticker as it says it should in the book, especially when they use option codes to build the car to your specification.

At least I know I'm not alone now :sm4: