Red Design Seat Package
    B & O
    Comfort Pack
    Folding Mirrors
    Panoramic Roof
    Interior Light Package
    Hold Assist
    Technology Package

Quoted a March delivery so it's going to be a long wait.

One question, the configurator doesn't show the door cards in red but does say they are (in a way). Does anyone know for definite that they are red?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    congrats mate. You are in for one hell of a wait but a very very worthy one.
    ivicker likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks, yeah it will be. I have waited for cars for this long before so not a major issue!!
    Louay likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicker View Post
    Hi All

Just ordered an S3 SB S-Tronic today with the following spec

Brilliant Red
    Red Design Seat Package
    B & O
    Comfort Pack
    Folding Mirrors
    Panoramic Roof
    Interior Light Package
    Hold Assist
    Technology Package

One question, the configurator doesn't show the door cards in red but does say they are (in a way). Does anyone know for definite that they are red?
    red
    sportback
    pano
    hold assist
    interior lights
    folding mirrors
    upgrade sound system

Has my vote ( see signature )

i like the rest of your spec too.

If Budget allowing for an S3 plus bits, would be closest to what I would order I have seen.
    Very good taste if I do say so.

will be worth the long wait.
    Louay and ivicker like this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Neutral

Status
    Def very close lol..

1st Gear

Status
    Hi there and congrats on your order

I dont think the Red Seat pack comes with red door cards. I was at the launch in Geneva and that car had the red seat pack. Here are a couple of interior photos for you. Just red stitching.

S3Interior-1.jpg
    S3Interior-1-2.jpg
    Still looks good though!

1st Gear

Status
    Gratz on ur order!

From Audi a3/s3 brochure (http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...ides/a3-s3.pdf)

Parade red design package with S3 embossing on the front seats. Front seat side bolsters, head restraints, front centre armrest,
    knee pads and armrest in the doors in black Fine Nappa leather with contrasting stitching in Parade red, upper shoulder sections and door trim inserts in Parade red velvet. Includes Parade red contrasting stitching on the leather steering wheel, gear lever and gaiter.
    Also includes floor mats with piping in Parade red

Neutral

Status
    Hi All

Just ordered an S3 SB S-Tronic today with the following spec

Brilliant Red
    Red Design Seat Package
    B & O
    Comfort Pack
    Folding Mirrors
    Panoramic Roof
    Interior Light Package
    Hold Assist
    Technology Package

Aberdeen Audi have a demo with the parade red pack and if memory serves me right then yes, door cards are in red.

Edit: Although looking at a car on mobile.de my memory may be deceiving me. The Aberdeen demo car is being taken out by a few posters on here - maybe someone can upload some pics?
    Last edited by keyser; 29th September 2013 at 19:24.

1st Gear

Status
    Test drove the Aberdeen demo yesterday and no it doesn't have red door cards. What it does have on the doors is the extended leather in grey with red stitching.

What I would comment about the red material on the seats is it's a neoprene type material, which unless you are careful will get quite grubby over time. It's the sort of material that will get engrained with dirt easily.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

4th Gear

Status
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    Test drove the Aberdeen demo yesterday and no it doesn't have red door cards. What it does have on the doors is the extended leather in grey with red stitching.

What I would comment about the red material on the seats is it's a neoprene type material, which unless you are careful will get quite grubby over time. It's the sort of material that will get engrained with dirt easily.
    i don't like the red interior.
    Got red and black on my S5 and even after 7 months (and only 4000 miles) the red in the S5 isn't looking great.
    Black only for me with alcantara inserts.

How did you get on with the S3?
    I drove it twice before placing my order and have it for a day from Tuesday evening.

1st Gear

Status
    Really enjoyed the test drive and definitely want one, but can't make my mind up on the S Tronic.
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubDan View Post
    Really enjoyed the test drive and definitely want one, but can't make my mind up on the S Tronic.
    What didn't you like about the S Tronic? Some reviews talk about turbo lag...but most of these seem to be for S Tronic models. Wonder if the reviewer was maybe in the wrong drive select setting (Efficiency?).

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    What didn't you like about the S Tronic? Some reviews talk about turbo lag...but most of these seem to be for S Tronic models. Wonder if the reviewer was maybe in the wrong drive select setting (Efficiency?).
    They also say the same occurs in the manual car too.
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

1st Gear

Status
    I've only had a manual car and felt a little disengaged by not having much to do. Had a play with the paddles but didn't feel too excited by them. S Tronic would certainly be good for stop start traffic but not sure if the price justifies it for me. Also a little put off by the revs going through the roof when it shifts down when you floor it, but that probably won't always be the case as I was mucking about more than I might normally!