No Entertainment Sound - Help!

essooil

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm from Newcastle in the UK. I have a new 2013 Audi A3 Sline Sportback 4 door (no jokes please about someone from Newcastle being able to afford a new Audi Sline ! :)

I got the 705 watt Bang & Olufsen Sound System fitted. This morning on my way to work I noticed the Entertainment sound is dead. No music at all from any sources. None of my MP3's will play. I flicked the "Radio" button and there was no sound for that either. I checked the volume and turned it up to 30 but still no sound. Definately not on mute.

I checked my Bluetooth phone just to make sure that wasn’t interfering. I've used the Bluetooth audio many times to play songs from my phone. No sound from there either. I switched Bluetooth off all together in case that was causing a problem. I switched sources from Jukebox to SDCARD. No music will play at all. The tracks count up as if they are playing, everything looks fine but no sound.

Strange thing is that all other sounds and beeps work fine:-
- Sat Nav: I can hear the navigation instructions.
- Reading Text messages / Emails: The "Read" function for text messages and emails works. I can clearly hear her voice.
- The audio works for the parking sensors front and rear.
- Telephone: The audio works fine for the telephone.
- Beeps and sounds when configuring items work fine.

It is just the volume for "Entertainment" that doesn’t produce any sound. i.e. when I rotate the volume control when in audio mode (media mode) the word "Entertainment Volume" appears on the screen but there is no sound.

Perhaps the Entertainment System / Media System uses a separate amp? Maybe the Sat Nav, Telephone and parking sensors etc aren't connected to the main amp as they never need to be heard at 800 watts! Maybe the Bang & Olufsen sound system has it's own amy and all other sounds are played via standard amp?

Audi garage cant do diagnostic until 7th October!! Dont want to tamper too much, just wondering if this could be a fuse (e.g. if the media system does use a separate amp perhaps it has a separate fuse?).

Never play it very loud at all (apart from a few BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM demos when I first got it in May). But nothing past Vol 20 since.

Would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks.

Sounds like to me you have pushed in the volume button on the steering wheel which mutes the entertainment.
I know you have said you have not but that is what it sounds like?

Good luck.

Sounds like to me you have pushed in the volume button on the steering wheel which mutes the entertainment.
I know you have said you have not but that is what it sounds like?

Good luck.

Dose mute not get over ridden when you turn the volume back up?

Okeedokee, when I pressed the volume rocker switch it muted it and reduced the volume to zero.
If I then turned the rocker switch again it rose the volume from zero upwards.
Hope that helps?