MMI - Remember whether music was on last time?

cemerson

Reaction score
Something that's been bugging me slightly... if I pause the music I have one, or even turn off the MMI by holding the media knob down, next time I start the car the music always comes back. Is there a way to have it remember whether the music was on or not last time I shut down the car and have it go back to that state when you turn the car on? Doesn't really bother me that much, just seems like strange behaviour!

Cemerson - we see to be on a lot of similar threads at the moment!

Mine remembers source but haven't looked as far as track yet - will try that & let you know. The response may be different between SD card or AMI Audio or Bluetooth audio, as well as duration of the stop i.e. does the MMI power down completely & reboot to splash screen on coming back to the car.

Reading your post another way - pressing and holding the MMI power button for ~3 seconds should switch MMI off even when you come back for another journey (assuming you are using the same key). Mine is not tech pack and no Nav though but pretty sure yours is tech pack.

To extend your question - when listening to DAB I have it set to "show info" i.e DJ name and track now playing etc but the whilst the car does remember the radio station, it never remembers to show the "now playing" text and I have to set that each journey. Any ideas on how to get the MMI to remember that setting?

John.

Last edited:
Agreed. I find it strange you can't really turn the radio off, only mute it, then it comes back on when you next start the car. Also it would be nice if there was a way for the screen to not pop up each time you turn on the ignition, say if it remembered that you closed it down manually before.

I find turning off the MMI totally just loses to much other functionality.

Ok I checked mine. Non tech pack and no Nav.

I pressed & held the small MMI button for ~3 seconds until the display started to close and the DIS stated "entertainment off". Engine was running.

Switch off ignition & locked car.

When I came back later and used the same key, the car started and the MMI display remained closed. DIS stated "entertainment off". Silence apart from the engine.

So I wonder if the tech pack or Nav on your cars are preventing permanent switch off?

John.

Reactions: Daveotto
No, I can switch the MMI off in exactly the same way as you did. It's a shame you can't stop the music but keep Sat Nav on for example though (which turns off with the MMI)

Maybe I am not understanding your issue fully but couldn't you just select an audio source that isn't in use (but not greyed out)?