Picking up our sportback this week

chippy1970

Reaction score
Got an email today , our scuba blue sportback sport is at the dealer :)

Hopefully it will be ready to collect soon , don't know how long pdi and registration etc takes.

Reactions: coolguy, TDI-line and SportbackStu
Got an email today , our scuba blue sportback sport is at the dealer :)

Hopefully it will be ready to collect soon , don't know how long pdi and registration etc takes.
normally around a week ish ? Bet you can't wait, I have another 2 months wait yet.
Did you spec any extras ?

You got the right model, trim and colour - that's all I can say :)

Thanks

Their computer system was down today so gotta wait for a call tomorrow to choose the reg number.

Think I'm more excited than my wife and she will use it more than me. I've got a t5 van I use :)

Choose the reg number???:w00t: I got told by my dealer that it is automatically assigned and that you can't choose it anymore:banghead:

It's automatically assigned in that they download them in batches from the DVLA, but it's then their choice what car gets what out of the ones they got I think.

Yeah we asked when we put our deposit down.

I bought my van new and was told I couldn't choose , but then a really helpful girl at the vw dealer found me a reg with my 2 initials at the end. So you can choose but as above it's only from that dealers allocation.

Welcome chippy, nice colour, not that I'm biased! :whistle2:Have you go for a petrol or diesel?

Thanks

We've just gone for the 1.4 tfsi 122, we test drove a 3 door and that engine seemed nippy enough. We've gone for the comfort package too.

My wife wanted auto but I wasn't bothered and were getting a manual.

Thanks

We've just gone for the 1.4 tfsi 122, we test drove a 3 door and that engine seemed nippy enough. We've gone for the comfort package too.

My wife wanted auto but I wasn't bothered and were getting a manual.

the 1.4 TFSI 122 seams to get the most positive feed back on here, people generally pleasantly surprised at the performance and mpg, so nice choice.

On my way to get it now :) thought it would be a few days but we got the call to say it's ready.

9920672136_61f17ee940.jpg

9920638185_f951981f1a.jpg

Wasn't expecting that. We turned up and it was under a cover with our name on a plaque. They gave my wife a big bunch of flowers too.

So far so good , loving all the gadgets our old car didn't even have electric Windows :)

Many thanks to Warren at slough Audi :)

Reactions: TDI-line, voorhees, coolguy and 1 other person
Looks the business chippy, stunning if I may say so! I will look out for you, I'm not too far from slough, enjoy. :laugh:

One thing I didn't check was how much fuel it had in it. Have to have a fiddle with all the buttons tomorrow when I get home. Not seen the fuel gauge yet :)

Looks exactly the same as mine :happy:

What spec you go for chippy?

Yeah much better than the idiot who we saw at Walton Audi. Needless to say they didn't get our money.:)

Always good to read a dealer has gone to extra effort to make it a special purchase, :thumbsup: Slough Audi

Nice, no Xenon lights??? They look very nice.

Don't you start :)

My mate said I should've got them

I didn't think they were worth the 1500 extra the standard lights are fine

They aren't that much in combination with the comfort pack

The chaps at Slough are excellent :)

They did the same reveal for mine! 10/10 for customer service

I bought mine from Sheffield Audi and they had a James bond style lift which brought the car up from the floor below! He let me control the lift which was good. The mrs took a video as apparently I looked like a kid on Christmas!

Just noticed we didn't get a tax disc holder with the car. I'm surprised because dealers normally love to plaster their name everywhere.

Apparently it will take a few days for our tax disc to come through from dvla. I better order a nice Audi tax disc holder.

Hi, they've changed the way tax discs are issued for a new car now. I am surprised that Audi don't inform their customers of this. On the Ford website:
From 22 July 2013, there will be a change in how your Dealer issues tax discs for new cars. We want to make sure you’re aware that from now on, you’ll be receiving your tax disc within 14 days of purchase.

How do I get my new tax disc?
Your Ford Dealer will register your vehicle with the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) for you. The difference is that rather than getting your tax disc when you drive away your new vehicle, you’ll now receive it within 14 days, to your chosen address.

Can I drive my new vehicle off the forecourt without a tax disc?
Yes, but only for 14 days. The changes allow newly registered vehicles to be used/driven on the road for up to 14 calendar days from the date of registration without the need to display the tax disc.

How will I get my tax disc so that I can display it?
Your new tax disc will arrive in the post. It will be posted by the DVLA to either the Dealer, the address of the registered owner of the vehicle or to the address of the Fleet operator – depending on what you choose.

However I would have thought that Audi would have given you a holder at least..

Thanks cuke but Audi did inform us I know all about the above.

It's the tax disc holder I'm on about not the disc itself. As I say I'm surprised it didn't have one as it's free advertising for the dealer.

Might get one off eBay, one of those magnetic ones. I could do with a better one for my van too

I got a cheap Magnetax from eBay and took out the dealer tax disc holder. Had not seen them before - nice idea and low profile.

However, I my tax disc was in the car on collection day.....

John.