Audi magnetic ride
    Interior light pack
    Hill hold assist
    Privacy glass
    Electric adjustable/heated/folding door mirrors
    Extended interior elements mono.pur
    18 inch 5 twin spoke star design partly anthracite polished alloy wheels
    Tyre pressure monitor

Was a tuff decision between the MR and super sport seats (i wanted both but budget doesn't allow). Someone tell me that the sports seats are rubbish please PLEASE

I was considering taking out Audi Complete, but i've read that it doesn't include 5yr warrantee anymore? is this true? It's weird that some places still say it's included

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Wow. Quite a spec and as you say a big jump. Can't comment on the seats or mag ride but in sure others can.

Did you test drive the S3?

1st Gear

Status
    I had set a budget and stuck to it - so hard to do lol

My A1 has been perfect for just over 2 years... not 1 issue, I will miss her

Yes, i test drove it a couple of weekends back (West London Audi). Very quick, comfy and love the s-tronic up grunts and down blips - great fun - gutted i forgot to take pics, i was to busy enjoying it

They had a estoril blue SB there too, but I don't think they were allowed to bring it out, it was tucked away in their garage

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicyrusivi View Post
    Just placed my order through DTD :D - big step up from my baby 1.6tdi A1

AUDI A3 HATCHBACK S3 TFSI Quattro 3dr S Tronic

Crystal - Panther black
    Technology pack - high
    B&O
    LED headlights
    Comfort pack
    Audi magnetic ride
    Interior light pack
    Hill hold assist
    Privacy glass
    Electric adjustable/heated/folding door mirrors
    Extended interior elements mono.pur
    18 inch 5 twin spoke star design partly anthracite polished alloy wheels
    Tyre pressure monitor

Was a tuff decision between the MR and super sport seats (i wanted both but budget doesn't allow). Someone tell me that the sports seats are rubbish please PLEASE

I was considering taking out Audi Complete, but i've read that it doesn't include 5yr warrantee anymore? is this true? It's weird that some places still say it's included
    Almost identical to my spec mate, good choices. Glad to see another panther black boy on here too, I was starting to feel lonely! I also placed mine through DTD!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

1st Gear

Status
    Good spec indeed - bet you cannot wait!

Sport seats would have edged out Mag ride in my case.

So another recommend for DTD, have you got to go far to collect? What delivery date have you been given - March ?
    I have test drives next week but anticipate ordering after that and will have to look at DTD in detail.

1st Gear

Status
    I didnt get a chance to test drive an S3 but having sat in couple of different types of A3 the standard of trim is that bit smarter than the A1, which I am moving up from. Little bits like the full leather chair with seat adjustment for leg length, electorin hand brake, pop up screen and really little things like the quality of the glove box.

I really love my A1, such a fun car to drive but I am really looking forward to the S3. 2 seconds quicker a little bit bigger and a couple of extra touches in the cab. Still dont know why the S3 doesnt have interior led lights as standard .
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Nice spec, i would of chosen MR over the super sport seats aswell.

Btw, i've come from an A1 185 BE which i had for 2 years, and all the A3's are such a step up from the A1, the build quality does make the A1 look very inferior now.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Almost identical to my spec mate, good choices. Glad to see another panther black boy on here too, I was starting to feel lonely! I also placed mine through DTD!
    Tbh i'm suprised not many seem to go for it. It's a richer black imo, but with the nice flecks when the suns out

Quote Originally Posted by Toadoftoadhall View Post
    Good spec indeed - bet you cannot wait!

Sport seats would have edged out Mag ride in my case.

So another recommend for DTD, have you got to go far to collect? What delivery date have you been given - March ?
    I have test drives next week but anticipate ordering after that and will have to look at DTD in detail.
    Yup, can't wait! Well it's early days to officially recommend, but so far i've spoken to them a few times and so far they've been great. Waiting to hear from the dealer today, but they told DTD - estimated delivery time of end of Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    I didnt get a chance to test drive an S3 but having sat in couple of different types of A3 the standard of trim is that bit smarter than the A1, which I am moving up from. Little bits like the full leather chair with seat adjustment for leg length, electorin hand brake, pop up screen and really little things like the quality of the glove box.

I really love my A1, such a fun car to drive but I am really looking forward to the S3. 2 seconds quicker a little bit bigger and a couple of extra touches in the cab. Still dont know why the S3 doesnt have interior led lights as standard .
    Ahh you had the 185? Bit quicker than my 1.6tdi - but yes the quality of the a3/s3 is quite a step up! I'm not to keen on electric hand brakes tbh, but it's the little touches that make it a nicer place to be

About the leather though... they're full leather seats, but the two panels that go from shoulder to waist are velvety to touch, not sure if that is actually leather or not, maybe someone else knows?

Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post
    Nice spec, i would of chosen MR over the super sport seats aswell.
    The way i see it - I drove the s3 with standard s3 seats, and they are very comfy, and still quite supportive. The biggest reason i'd want them is the looks - that quilted leather in front and back looks really nice.

Oh and IF (which i doubt) at a later date i do change my mind... well i can retrofit the seats a lot easier then MR

3rd Gear

Status
    Having had mag ride on my TTS for 3 years it is a gimmick IMO.
    In sport mode it is unusable on UK roads - it is rock hard firm.
    On a race track it would be perfect ... but I never take my cars on track !
    Even in standard (default) mode it is very hard but acceptable.
    It was standard on the TTS so a no cost option which was fine, but I would not pay for it.
    I would be more than happy with regular sports suspension.

On the other hand, I absolutely love the S3 Super Sports Seats and they would be top of my options list.
    They look superb and really lift the interior and give it an extra sporty look, rather than the standard seats which are the same as in the A3 S line.
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

1st Gear

Status
    That's interesting, as i've read that the MR on comfort is supposed to be slightly softer than the standard suspension? Maybe it's different on the a3/s3 as opposed to the TT?

Your making me want to break my budget lol... maybe if i can get the dealer to knock off some more :D

3rd Gear

Status
    I would defo stretch to the super sports seats if you can mate.
    2013 Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    I would defo stretch to the super sports seats if you can mate.
    Looks like im going to spring for the seats lol DAMN IT. Really wanted to see them, but no dealers have em

Does it affect the room in the back (hatchback)? I've heard it restricts entry?

Cheers