AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Audi A3 1.8tfsi s-tronic - shocking MPG returned

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line View Post

At least someone spotted the deliberate mistake.

(sorry for the zombie post)

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    Hate to flame you down on your first post but 85mph all the way Birmingham from London and were not caning it in your words .....really!!!!

You sound a bit of a boy racer and apart from the fact you are breaking the law even if taking the reading from your speedo why would you expect anything more from your MPG as you obviously bought the car for performance rather than economy.
    What planet do you live on, most people drive 80mph+ and in any case 85mph speedo speed is probably nearer 78mph real speed anyway - hardly a boy racer

bet you've exceeded the speed limit - if not, id call you a liar

3rd Gear

Status
    my 10 year old Peugeot 307xsi averaged 27.9mpg because I drove it quick without a thought about mpg and mostly within the speed limits.

2 years ago I thought id use the Peugeot computer a bit more and in particular the live mpg reading - it was quite amazing how much affect the right foot had. Being sceptical with the computer readings I thought id try and keep the mpg up. Within 6 months my mpg jumped up from 27.9mpg (mpg for 9.5 years) to 31mpg (mpg for 10 years). Might not seem a lot but if I had done that since new im sure the mpg would have been well over 40mpg

6th Gear

Status
    Hi, I also return about 32mpg if I drive my present car at 85mph on cruise, but then I can also get 57mpg if I drive the car carefully. That's the difference really, 85mph is just too fast to expect good mpg as the car is trying to shift all that air in front of it..
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12