Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NHN
  • 1 Post By 97catalunya

Thread: Caught on mobile speed gun.

2nd Gear

Status

Caught on mobile speed gun.

Don't wish for anyone being in the same spot but I was caught speeding tonight and the thing was that when the speed gun was pointing at me I heard my car 'ping' at me. Does anyone know if this some kind of feature or was I just imagining it?

The gun was pointing at the front of my car and I dont have any sensors or camera attached on my front bumper.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I think the username may fit for this one.
    jdp1962 likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Just imagining it - I'm pretty sure radar detection etc is illegal
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Bird is the Word!

Status
    Radar detection is legal, it's radar jamming or in any way electronically disrupting the signal that's illegal
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

Neutral

Status
    I'm pretty sure that you can setup the car to sound an audible and visible dash alarm when exceeding a certain speed in the MMI
    My car is seems to have been set at 90mph from the factory.....

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steven04 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you can setup the car to sound an audible and visible dash alarm when exceeding a certain speed in the MMI
    My car is seems to have been set at 90mph from the factory.....
    Yes you can. It's a shame however it's not linked to the sat nav to make it relevant to the speed of the road you are on.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

6th Gear

Status
    My car has the traffic sign recognition - shame you can't link it to that either, or link that to the cruise control!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    My car has the traffic sign recognition - shame you can't link it to that either, or link that to the cruise control!
    All right all right stop showing off
    cemerson likes this.
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

3rd Gear

Status
    Surprised it doesn't chime if you exceed the limit though?

Neutral

Status
    As an aside, I was also disappointed to discover that the SATNAV didn't contain a speed camera database.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, it's only there as a display - it's a free option anyway, so not bothered really, but it would be good if you could do more with it. I do miss the speed limiter on my old car - physically limited the speed no matter how hard you pressed the pedal to whatever you had set (unless you used the kickdown).

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steven04 View Post
    As an aside, I was also disappointed to discover that the SATNAV didn't contain a speed camera database.
    I think you can import POIs so it's probably possible to do easily enough. Haven't looked into it though.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I think you can import POIs so it's probably possible to do easily enough. Haven't looked into it though.
    I would be interested in this Chris if you find any info

6th Gear

Status
    I don't know any more than having seen the option to import lists from an SD card - maybe the handbook will have some more info on it