Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Audi Ashtray Cup alternatives ?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    Like this one

http://bit.ly/1f8y3QE

I was wondering more about the actual socket, if that differed at all?
    just looked in mine (non smoking pack). Front socket is exactly the same as rear socket as you posted above. Couldn't get a light off it if you tried!

Cheers, Paul.
    Very proud owner of Audi A3 Sportback S Line 2.0TDI in Daytona Grey.

Comfort Pack, Light & Rain Sensor Pack, Audi Sound System, Heated Front Seats, Panoramic Glass Sunroof, Sat Nav (SD Card Based)

Ordered April 14th, Delivered June 24th.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfin View Post
    just looked in mine (non smoking pack). Front socket is exactly the same as rear socket as you posted above. Couldn't get a light off it if you tried!

Cheers, Paul.
    Wow that surprises me! I never thought they would actually wire them differently!
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

1st Gear

Status
    Here you go -

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers, Paul
    Last edited by Belfin; 25th September 2013 at 14:36.
    Very proud owner of Audi A3 Sportback S Line 2.0TDI in Daytona Grey.

Comfort Pack, Light & Rain Sensor Pack, Audi Sound System, Heated Front Seats, Panoramic Glass Sunroof, Sat Nav (SD Card Based)

Ordered April 14th, Delivered June 24th.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The wiring and fuse rating are probably identical. The different sockets are where the lower specs for the cig lighter come from, there is more contact area at the bottom of the 12v power socket than the 2 small connectors which touch the sides of the cig lighter. The greater surface area would allow more power to flow for longer without heating up the contacts, the cig lighter is only on briefly so does not need the beefed up contacts.

Jonathan

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stathej View Post
    The wiring and fuse rating are probably identical. The different sockets are where the lower specs for the cig lighter come from, there is more contact area at the bottom of the 12v power socket than the 2 small connectors which touch the sides of the cig lighter. The greater surface area would allow more power to flow for longer without heating up the contacts, the cig lighter is only on briefly so does not need the beefed up contacts.

Jonathan
    Makes sense really, plus the cig lighter will rely on the contacts heating up to release it!

I don't use anything that needs a large current drain anyway, but if I do I will just use the one in the back of the armrest anyway and if I plug in a cool box I have the one in the boot too
    A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI S-Tronic Daytona Grey, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Parking System Plus with reversing cam, HHA, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Pack, Advanced Key

2nd Gear

Status
    Glad I went for the non smoking pack now. As never used the lighter in my current car away and didn't want the cup. Feel like I have gained slightly now.
    Daveotto and cemerson like this.
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 97catalunya View Post
    Yup deffo fits in the lower position is your spare a space saver?
    Am I missing something obvious! Boot floor definitely won't go on lower level with spare (space saver) wheel in. Is it possibly because its a 3 door?

6th Gear

Status
    No, should be the some either way! Have you get something proping up your spare wheel? Is the subwoofer properly seated? Can you post photos? Definitely does go all the way down with mine!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack24 View Post
    Am I missing something obvious! Boot floor definitely won't go on lower level with spare (space saver) wheel in. Is it possibly because its a 3 door?
    Yes I agree with cemerson, I have a 3 door and B&O and it sits perfectly flat in the lower position.

You don't have the tow bar option do you? This is the only ting I can think of that would stop you lowering the boot floor?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    No, should be the some either way! Have you get something proping up your spare wheel? Is the subwoofer properly seated? Can you post photos? Definitely does go all the way down with mine!
    Just spoke with Audi dealer - you have to take the spare wheel out to use the lower level. Can only assume the 3 door and SB models are different.

5th Gear

Status
    I really don't think that's right, as said above it's the same for 3 and 5 door. Can you post a photo up?
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Just spoke with Audi dealer - you have to take the spare wheel out to use the lower level. Can only assume the 3 door and SB models are different.
    Nope I have a 3 door and it fits in the lower position no problem. Will try and post pics later.

I have the space saver spare and standard boot floor (not the reversible one) I don't know if yours is different?

6th Gear

Status
    If there's one thing I've learned while buying my car, it's that dealers don't have a clue what they are talking about most of the time!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Am I right in thinking that Quattro models don't get the split level boot floor? Was in the showroom taking a look at their A3 8V Sportback TDI Quattro the other day and the book floor is fixed at the higher level due to the Quattro running gear.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
    Collected: Audi A3 8V Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic S-Line. Ice Silver, Alu Roof Rails, Audi Side Assist, B&O Audio, Comfort Pack (w/ACC, Parking System Plus & Park Assist), Sports Suspension, Elec Folding Mirrors, Ext Interior Mono-Pur, Fine Nappa Seats, Heated Front Seats, Hill Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, Non-Smoking Package, Pano Glass Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Reversing Camera, Technology Package, Load-Through System, Tyre Pressure Monitor. 4 Year Warranty

6th Gear

Status
    Ah, that's true - I don't think you can lower it with a quattro

4th Gear

Status
    Oh bugger, if i'd have known I couldn't move the boot floor a few cm up and down I wouldn't have ordered a quattro! Silly me

Reverse Gear

Status
    I thought I was cracking up!!! Mines the quattro, so at least I know now.

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by M_D_O_London View Post
    Am I right in thinking that Quattro models don't get the split level boot floor? Was in the showroom taking a look at their A3 8V Sportback TDI Quattro the other day and the book floor is fixed at the higher level due to the Quattro running gear.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
    That is correct, pics of my Quattro boot here...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...ro-s-line.html

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

3rd Gear

Status
    I thought I was cracking up!!! Mines the quattro, so at least I know now.
    Ahhhh that makes sense! Because the room is needed for the rear diff!
    If it makes you feel any better I haven't needed to lower the floor at any point yet (except for trying it) the boot is a good size anyway, and for big stuff I have just dropped the seats and you get that nice flat floor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12