Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Discounts?

1st Gear

Status
    Hey cjp2k! What do you think of your F10 520d? I was offered a pre-reg zero miles 520d M Sport with A LOT of extras for 28k (40k+ list). I was very VERY tempted - beautiful car... But, bigger than I need and no 4x4... So 8V A3 it is... My wife wanted the BeeEm so I'm in the doghouse... Sorry guys - I know, off topic... 😖

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks guys, I have a appointment with my local dealer tomorrow so lets see what they say, if they have no deal, I will give kings lynn a call,

With regards to the 520d, I love the car, it’s the efficient dynamics model which means it’s a manual, the car would suit a auto more, but other than that its great, relatively quick, big (much bigger than my old 8p) and loaded with spec, it was an ex demo and has some crazy options, VDC, heated steering wheel, powered boot, elec seats, BMW individual wood trim, xenons, nav etc, I wouldn’t buy a new one as this lost nearly £18,000 in 7 months and 6000 miles, before I picked it up!!
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp2k View Post
    Thanks guys, I have a appointment with my local dealer tomorrow so lets see what they say, if they have no deal, I will give kings lynn a call,

With regards to the 520d, I love the car, it’s the efficient dynamics model which means it’s a manual, the car would suit a auto more, but other than that its great, relatively quick, big (much bigger than my old 8p) and loaded with spec, it was an ex demo and has some crazy options, VDC, heated steering wheel, powered boot, elec seats, BMW individual wood trim, xenons, nav etc, I wouldn’t buy a new one as this lost nearly £18,000 in 7 months and 6000 miles, before I picked it up!!
    BMs are crap... PM me if you want a contact in the SW who may match Kings Lynn.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers i am in the north east but any dealer who can do a deal will get the business...the bmw is not that bad....honest

Now - BMW f10 520d

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers i am in the north east but any dealer who can do a deal will get the business...the bmw is not that bad....honest
    Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how you get on 👍

1st Gear

Status
    Just got back from the dealers, offered me £1600 ish off the car compared to £1900 from Orangewheels, which was without me really pushing so not too bad, got an extra £700 value on the px price too....

Now - BMW f10 520d

1st Gear

Status
    Just got back from the dealers, offered me £1600 ish off the car compared to £1900 from Orangewheels, which was without me really pushing so not too bad, got an extra £700 value on the px price too....
    That's good work! Did u ask for discount or was that offered to you? I take it your shopping about then? What about delivery times any indications on current time scales?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Does anybody know any north west dealer offering good discounts on a s3 sportback? thanks

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ainso View Post
    Does anybody know any north west dealer offering good discounts on a s3 sportback? thanks
    i can say, Blackburn, Preston, Bolton, Manchester all wouldn't knock a penny off. That's why I did the deal with Kings Lynn.
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RVP20 View Post
    That's good work! Did u ask for discount or was that offered to you? I take it your shopping about then? What about delivery times any indications on current time scales?
    Asked for a discount mentioned orangewheels and kings lynn audi, and he came back with that discount....no real hassle

Lead time was quoted march/april....

Now - BMW f10 520d

2nd Gear

Status
    Asked for a discount mentioned orangewheels and kings lynn audi, and he came back with that discount....no real hassle

What dealer did u goto?

3rd Gear

Status
    bmw is ugly, they discount those 520d's heavily as they struggle to shift them - plus itll spend most of winter on the driveway

1st Gear

Status

Loving the orange wheels I might give get a go!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    have just managed to get £3000 off S3 which is ROTR price £36750 (fully spec'd up) from localish dealer and they will accept part ex, although not sure what price they will offer
    wow that's good I only got £2217 off a £38415 build - didn't bother doing px as im keeping my old Peugeot 307xsi-its not worth a lot and is a useful spare to take stuff to the tip, allotment, etc

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    I'd put money on it that you will get 9% off from Kings Lynn. You will find a few here by looks of it have gone to kings Lynn and all dealt with different people. It's 190 miles from me but only £60 on the train, and no local dealers would knock anything off, so made sense to me.
    So would people recommend the long drive to negotiate a deal at kings Lynn? Should I see what's the best deal is without a trade in first?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RVP20 View Post
    So would people recommend the long drive to negotiate a deal at kings Lynn? Should I see what's the best deal is without a trade in first?

up to you. for me it wasn't worth the 280 mile round trip to save 2% and I have the convenience of dealing a local dealership that's about 4-5 miles away in the same town
    Fragup likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I had an email newsletter from Jardine Motors yesterday (one of their branches is my local dealership) saying they will match any quote from any another dealership - I thought this was quite good as I'm having to travel 100 miles plus to get my S3. Thought might be worth posting and testing for anyone about to place an order.

Link to news letter:

http://email.denfieldprojects.co.uk/...t-tjjhzirdl-r/
    paullowther likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post
    I had an email newsletter from Jardine Motors yesterday (one of their branches is my local dealership) saying they will match any quote from any another dealership - I thought this was quite good as I'm having to travel 100 miles plus to get my S3. Thought might be worth posting and testing for anyone about to place an order.

Link to news letter:

http://email.denfieldprojects.co.uk/...t-tjjhzirdl-r/
    Probably won't work for us as our cars are now built and we can't really back out! Or would be crazy to do so at this point!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    Probably won't work for us as our cars are now built and we can't really back out! Or would be crazy to do so at this point!
    I didn't mean for me. It's too close and I'd lose my £1k deposit etc. I'm far too excited about getting it. 2 weeks (ish). I meant for anyone else who may live in north west and buying from a dealership miles away.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners78 View Post
    I didn't mean for me. It's too close and I'd lose my £1k deposit etc. I'm far too excited about getting it. 2 weeks (ish). I meant for anyone else who may live in north west and buying from a dealership miles away.
    I know! I keep trying to think of things I did 2 weeks ago to help me realise just how close it is!

I like it when it feels like I did something yesterday and then realise I actually did it as long ago as I now have to wait for the car!
    Ordered 16/8/13, Build Week 44, Delivery Nov/Dec 13. Panther Black / Silver Alcantara, 3dr S-Tronic. Black Styling Package, Black 3D Design Inlays, 18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke “Star”’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres,
    Technology Pack, Comfort Pack (cruise control & rear parking sensors), B&O Sound System , Interior Light Pack, Full LED Headlights Lights, Non-Smokers Pack, Privacy Glass, Extended Mono.Pur Finish

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paullowther View Post
    May be they should tell there sales people! They wouldn't match for me!
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

3rd Gear

Status
    Perhaps this may help potential buyers out there, select-automotive broker in Leatherhead, Surrey, claim to be offering 9% discount on any new S3, 14 week lead, couldn't see the LED headlight option after registering and configuring though.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Perhaps this may help potential buyers out there, select-automotive broker in Leatherhead, Surrey, claim to be offering 9% discount on any new S3, 14 week lead, couldn't see the LED headlight option after registering and configuring though.
    Wow that's some big discount! With DTD and orange wheels etc are the discounts and prices only if you take out a PCP finance deal? Would I not be able to use these brokers if I was just paying by cash?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123