ran the fuel a bit low today

karlabdool

Reaction score
the warning came on when it said i had 65km left.
engine 1.8tfsi

i took the first pic at the gas station just before i added 38 litres.
the second pic is just after i filled the 38 litres.

btw when i got the warning i switched to Efficient and i noticed when i take my foot off the gas it goes from e2,e3 or whatever gear you are in to just e and the car feels like it is coasting like the clutch is disengaged, i think i read something like that in the manual, so you kinda lose engine brake ing.

Attachments

• 20130918_163406.jpg
    20130918_163406.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 20130918_163728.jpg
    20130918_163728.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 332
Assume you have S-tronic gearbox?

In that situation I think does disengage the clutch and coast but I think that if you touch the brake pedal it re-engages the clutch for engine braking and keeps clutch engaged.

I haven't got mine yet but a sure someone who has taken delivery already could confirm this.

Exactly as above, put it in efficiency and auto then it will coast when you come off the throttle. When you touch the brake you will then get engine braking back. I've found it really helps with fuel saving.

Exactly as above, put it in efficiency and auto then it will coast when you come off the throttle. When you touch the brake you will then get engine braking back. I've found it really helps with fuel saving.

hi Dylock,

Would be interested to hear what sort of MPG you're getting in the S3. I should hopefully be picking mine up in a few weeks (it's getting built next week), although mine's manual/sportback.

thanks
David

hi Dylock,

Would be interested to hear what sort of MPG you're getting in the S3. I should hopefully be picking mine up in a few weeks (it's getting built next week), although mine's manual/sportback.

thanks
David

On a motorway run it gets 40mpg then around home varies a lot. If your being careful low 30s but if you like the right hand peddle and the sound of the exhaust rasp 18.

Assume you have S-tronic gearbox?

In that situation I think does disengage the clutch and coast but I think that if you touch the brake pedal it re-engages the clutch for engine braking and keeps clutch engaged.

Now checked and confirmed: touching the brake pedal re-engages the clutch when coasting.

However a better way is to briefly press the shift-down gear paddle. Found out by accident today.

John.

Last edited: