Best lacquer protection for winter etc ?

Tom75

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to ask if somebody has experience with really good products to protect the outside lacquered surface of the car. I would like to have some protection etc before the winter because over here in Norway all the salt etc is really hard for lacquered surfaces.

I have heard about a product called sonax pain protect which should be great. This stuff should give a protection film over the surface. The problem is that this is a professional product, which means it is not possible to buy for end users. I don't know the reason for this but maybe it is a little tricky to use. Here in Norway I was unfortunately also not able to find a professional sonax service who can do this.

Hope somebody has experience with this or maybe there is something similar?

Thanks and regards,
Tom

the salt etc is really hard for lacquered surfaces.

That is not entirely true, the surfaces which have a lacquer coating are very resistant to salt. But the metal surfaces without any lacquer will corrode much faster.

However, it still makes sense to use some wax or sealant in the winter to make cleaning the car easier.

I have been advised to use Collinite 915, but expensive at around £25

Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance Premium Auto Wax - Clean Your Car

Polished Bliss sent a mail this morning on the very same subject :) They a pushing the Werkstat products and have a "how to" for best protection for winter months. Its expensive stuff but i guess compared to the price of the car its worth it. I haven't personally tried the stuff as am using a freebie bottle of AG Sealant:

Winter Protection Suggestions « Car Care Blog | Detailing Blog | Polished Bliss

Just bought angel wax from manufacturer (along with free samples of wheel cleaner,shampoo,glass cleaner and wheel polish) who said to wax car twice and it would last through the winter minimum of six month. The owner is a chemist and formulates all their products they have a web page so if the rain goes off I will get started

Thanks for the Feedback guys.

Actually I was thinking about a real coating / sealing not only a wax but will have a look at these products, especially this quarz stuff looks interesting but I have to check it it is possible to get in Norway.

Regards,
Tom