2.0 184 PS TDi engine

I have one on order (due to arrive in 2-4 weeks), there is someone else on here with one on order as well. I think there is one person on here who has received one already however.

I also have one on order. They're pretty thin on the ground but I'm sure that will change by the end of the year.
What spec did you go for twig? And only a 3 month wait? Mine was 4 months!
Don't expect anywhere near the quoted efficiency, and depending on what you specced don't expect only £20 tax (mine will be over £100).

The £20 tax is if you order the 2WD version (rather than the quattro). Thats the main difference between snakehips and mine, his the quattro, mine is the 2WD)

Reactions: Sparky80
I have one, got It last week. It was a car already in stock, I guess that I was lucky.
Car tax £20, mpg so far with mixed driving 46 mpg.... Really impressed.
Performance is very good plenty of torque, not given it the beans yet.
It is a very impressive car and I could not be more pleased.
I was thinking of an S3 but the waiting list put me off.

The £20 tax is if you order the 2WD version (rather than the quattro). Thats the main difference between snakehips and mine, his the quattro, mine is the 2WD)

Yep, I think the S-tronic adds roughly 10g CO2 then Quattro add another 10g. Still way better than my GTi though.

Hi Twig,

it's a great engine, good all rounder.

Mine is the quattro, and have just had one tank cover 450 miles and roughly getting 39 MPG, so early days, so the manual 184 will be probably get around 500+ to a tank easy, but the figures are always a little out, and also the Quattro compensates by having a bigger fuel tank. ;)

This seems pretty consistent with other quattro/4Motion TDI's i have owned though.

Hi Twig,

it's a great engine, good all rounder.

Mine is the quattro, and have just had one tank cover 450 miles and roughly getting 39 MPG, so early days, so the manual 184 will be probably get around 500+ to a tank easy, but the figures are always a little out, and also the Quattro compensates by having a bigger fuel tank. ;)

This seems pretty consistent with other quattro/4Motion TDI's i have owned though.

in theory we should get high 50's mpg but I'd settle for high 40's.

Reactions: TDI-line
I also have one on order. They're pretty thin on the ground but I'm sure that will change by the end of the year.
What spec did you go for twig? And only a 3 month wait? Mine was 4 months!
Don't expect anywhere near the quoted efficiency, and depending on what you specced don't expect only £20 tax (mine will be over £100).

Mine is Daytona Grey, manual, comfort package with cruise, NO SPORTS SUSPENSION, basic sat nav, folding door mirrors and LED interior and headlights. Quite excited about the LED headlights but I'm easily excited nowadays!
My 2004 Golf 1.9 GTi 6 speed man. has got better and better for both fuel consumption and acceleration but is now a bit long in the tooth!

mine is due mid october and I can't wait ! Ordered it 4/07/13
I think it's a race to see who gets their's first lol;). Mine is also due around that time. (Built last weekend), so should be shipping some point this week hopefully.

hehe you damn right !

strange thing mine is not even built yet (it will be week 39 : next week !) ! it should be around 2-3 weeks beetween shipping and delivery

Well as far as timing is concerned my confirmation on ordering Sept 9th was wk 47 but have just had it confirmed as wk 44 at the moment with "it can move around though" .

On Order : 2013 A3 SportBack 181 S line 2.0TDI 6 speed man. Daytona Grey pearl effect- Comfort package with Acoustic parking rear and cruise control, Deselect sports suspension, Electric door mirrors, Interior lighting package, LED headlights and Sat nav - sd based

I've got a build week of 47. Really can't wait for it to arrive!

Same week as me and for the same model! I'm climbing the walls with impatience and so jealous of the 63-platers who picked theirs up a couple of weeks ago.

I know. I work at Audi in parts and have been making up all these 63 number plates and wish it was for me! lol

Any chance you could look up on the system where our cars are in the delivery at the moment? Getting information is like pulling teeth!

Right my build week has been brought forward a week (49) and most a3 sportbacks are coming through early but they can't give me an exact date sorry

I have one, got It last week. It was a car already in stock, I guess that I was lucky.
Car tax £20, mpg so far with mixed driving 46 mpg.... Really impressed.
Performance is very good plenty of torque, not given it the beans yet.
It is a very impressive car and I could not be more pleased.
I was thinking of an S3 but the waiting list put me off.

So how is the fuel consumption going now?
According to postings here the petrol version of this, the 1.8 TFSI, seems a bit on the thirsty side.

According to postings here the petrol version of this, the 1.8 TFSI, seems a bit on the thirsty side.

Averaging around 35-39 MPG around town driving only, just under 1000 miles at the moment. Will be trying Shell Super diesel to see if the range of 450 miles improves also.

Averaging around 35-39 MPG around town driving only, just under 1000 miles at the moment. Will be trying Shell Super diesel to see if the range of 450 miles improves also.

Thats nothing like it should be.
Page 90 of the current brochure quotes; Urban 52.3, Extra Urban 68.9 and Combined 62.8. How do the manufacturers get away with such rubbish? If 35-39 is all it gets it's only about 70% of the worst expectation. Interesting what you find with super diesel but that seems like cheating the system.

Thats nothing like it should be.
Page 90 of the current brochure quotes; Urban 52.3, Extra Urban 68.9 and Combined 62.8. How do the manufacturers get away with such rubbish? If 35-39 is all it gets it's only about 70% of the worst expectation. Interesting what you find with super diesel but that seems like cheating the system.

It's nothing to do with the manufacturer mostly! The test is a standardised test in the UK (or possibly Europe), designed to be able to compare different cars more than get a realistic expectation of mpg.

I have just done 500 miles and filled up with the first tank of diesel
Averaged 47 mpg at 30 mph average speed, mixed driving although no motorway yet.
Pretty pleased, it is the manual though.
Drove in the dark last night, love the led running lights and the headlights.
Amazing car, sometimes some things in life exceed expectations......and this is one of them.

Interesting article in the telegraph "snakehips" - thanks.

The LED headlights are what I'm really interested in and good to hear a first report. I should have my car early December and by then more people will no doubt be giving us there experience of this up and coming technology.
I wonder if in ten years we will be looking at it as a change all cars went through or will it be just like xenon, an optional extra? Who knows but xenon has never caught on in mass production and wonder why. I had a car with it in 1999. Cost considerations surely become minimal eventually.