Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Sandra
  • 3 Post By kmx_200
  • 3 Post By Daveotto
  • 3 Post By A3sportbackMark

Thread: FAQS - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON THE 8V CHASSIS

Status

FAQS - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON THE 8V CHASSIS

I have created this thread for you to add any useful information/links that may be useful to others. I will from time to time update any info. Hope you all take the time to share your knowledge of your own experiences which may be a benifit to other new and existing members. Thanks all. x
    SJW and First Ever Audi like this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

2. # ADS
    ADS

A3 8V Chassis

Status
    Hello all, Bulb Upgrade for A3 S-Line 8V Chassis:

I've now changed all filament style Bulbs with LED bulbs.
    In case anyone wants to know what LED lights can be used in the A3 Sline 8V Chassis:

Vanity Mirror use this style: 36mm Length

Glove box (1) , Interior front (1) , Interior Back (2) use this style:

Sandra, Smythy and STERLING VOID like this.

5th Gear

Status

Recommended Tyre inflation pressures

Picture of tyre inflation pressure label on drivers door taken from 2.0TDI 150BHP Sportback.

Would reccommend checking tyre pressures after collection as have been a few reported instances of incorrect pressures, possibly due to confusion on wheel size at PDI.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sandra, Karl Alesbury and Smythy like this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Sandra
    Looking for assistance here, can anyone of the guys with the technical know how help my wife out as she has the habit of coming out of the car without activating the hand break.
    Is there any modification that can be done so the hand break can be applied when the key is in the off position. This is the 2nd time she has done this.

Doug

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

2nd Gear

Status
    Put a sticker on the windscreen to say "put on hand brakes darling "

Neutral

Status
    Can hold assist be retrofitted?
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic, MY14, Scuba Blue, 15-spoke 17" alloys, Comfort Pack with ACC, Interior Lighting Pack, Audi Sound System.

Neutral

Status
    The A7 that I have at the moment automatically puts the hand brake on if you put it in park and then get out. It does have hold assist, so I don't know if this is part of it!

6th Gear

Status
    Manuals don't tend to have a 'park'!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    The dealership says they cannot fit hill hold assist, I asked if they could have the hanbreak applied when the key was in the off position again no reply from dealership. I may have to dig deeper into this as my wife is unhappy but that's the way things are going with cars.
    I may have to contact Audi and see if this can be an upgrade, I don't see it as a big cost only software

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

6th Gear

Status
    Surely it's just a case of getting used to it? It's just the same as any car with a mechanical handbrake - you have to pull it up to engage it when you come to a stop!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Hold Assist isn't just software, there's an extra button as well - though I can't see it being hard to fit

1st Gear

Status
    Just my wife being forgetful or having other things on her mind as woman usually do driving only gets them to the shops quicker...

4th Gear

Status

What can the DIS display?

Before I got my car, I was unaware of what could be displayed on the DIS.

There are really too many to list here and in many instances display multiple data, but can give you an overview, all controlled by the the 4 buttons on the left hand side of the MF steering wheel.

There are 4 top menus
    1. Car computer
    2. Music/radio
    3. Phone
    4. Navigation

For each of the above, there is a sub menu, and under that you can scroll/select further options

The car computer sub menus are (from memory - names may not be accurate)
    a. Computer
    b. Efficiency mode
    c. Digital speedo
    d. Blank display

Again the scroller allows you to display various options on the above.

The car computer allows you to display both short term (which can be reset) and long term (cars liftime) statistics
    1. Average Mpg
    2.instantaneous mpg
    3. Average speed
    4. Time of journey
    5. Time
    6. Date
    7. Number of miles left in the fuel tank
    8. Probably some I have forgot!

The music/phone/navigation also have options to display, but not that many.
    i have the SD card sat nav, so this displays basic sat nav info (I usually use the main MMI for this)

several bits of the above information may be displayed simultaneously, which are mixed and match between menus. For instance in the computer menu, the current music track is also displayed at the top of the screen

You really need to play with it to appreciate it fully.

Hope this helps!

Ps. This is for my car, cars built with other options may have more on the DIS.
    Sandra, Schizophonic and vakaviti like this.
    1st sept 2013 collection, proudly owning:
    A3 Sportback SE 1.6 TDI, scuba blue, folding mirrors, hill assist, SD sat nav, Xenon light package.

6th Gear

Status
    Car Computer also has an 'Assist' screen in the menu, if you have lane assist, ACC or both, which shows you some graphics about what they are doing and the state of them

2nd Gear

Status
    Can someone point me correctly what should my PSI when pumping up my tyres?

I've got 225/45 R17 V

When I checked the pressure it was 29 PSI. I've going to have 4 people in my car over the next few days for a long journey and wasn't sure how much exactly I should be pumping my tyres. There's two columns and which one should I follow?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophonic View Post
    Can someone point me correctly what should my PSI when pumping up my tyres?

I've got 225/45 R17 V

When I checked the pressure it was 29 PSI. I've going to have 4 people in my car over the next few days for a long journey and wasn't sure how much exactly I should be pumping my tyres. There's two columns and which one should I follow?
    According to photo of Door label, post #3

When fully loaded should be 38 front & 41rear
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kmx_200 View Post

In case anyone wants to know what LED lights can be used in the A3 Sline 8V Chassis:

Just looked on eBay, is it right that these LED bulbs are costing around 120£?
    Sound crazy high to me
    Using Tapatalk

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cbotved View Post
    Sound crazy high to me
    Presume with LED interior lighting they are not needed?

6th Gear

Status
    Sound crazy high to me
    Sounds way too high to me as well. I'm not sure what they should be but I wouldn't expect more than a few quid each really. t8ups on here sells them, might be worth asking him.

Neutral

Status
    Sound crazy high to me
    Have a look on here:

Buy LED Car Instrument Light to Make Your Night Driving Convenient - MyLED.com

I havent found the exact ones but they look to be in the right ball park.

Neutral

Status

Would it be possible for you to post up the second image again?

I have bulbs from my 8P, I assume I will be able to swap over to 8V.

A3 8V Chassis

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kayemill View Post
    Would it be possible for you to post up the second image again?

I have bulbs from my 8P, I assume I will be able to swap over to 8V.
    LED Car Light T10 1.5W 80LM DC12V High Power Blue Light(1 Pair)

Any bulbs with a t10 fitting should work. See above link for fittment type. Make sure they aren't too big for the holders tho.

Neutral

Status
    LED Car Light T10 1.5W 80LM DC12V High Power Blue Light(1 Pair)

Any bulbs with a t10 fitting should work. See above link for fittment type. Make sure they aren't too big for the holders tho.
    OK Thanks.

Looks like it will be a new set for the new car then. The ones I have will do the vanity mirrors but the rest will need to be new.

I'm assuming the S3 doesn't have interior LED's without the Interior lighting pack?