FAQS - Frequently Asked Questions & 'How To' Guides On The 8V Chassis

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
I have created this thread for you to add any useful information/links that may be useful to others. I will from time to time update any info. Hope you all take the time to share your knowledge of your own experiences which may be a benifit to other new and existing members. Thanks all. :) x

Reactions: Jesus, v10oe, 45bvtc and 2 others
Hello all, Bulb Upgrade for A3 S-Line 8V Chassis:

I've now changed all filament style Bulbs with LED bulbs.
In case anyone wants to know what LED lights can be used in the A3 Sline 8V Chassis:

Vanity Mirror use this style: 36mm Length
m21CmkH2P3I-9tayAxcSiEA.jpg

Glove box (1) , Interior front (1) , Interior Back (2) use this style:

mgceXWuByE8RiNLdqUnUzYA.jpg

Reactions: Jesus, STERLING VOID, Smythy and 1 other person
Picture of tyre inflation pressure label on drivers door taken from 2.0TDI 150BHP Sportback.

Would reccommend checking tyre pressures after collection as have been a few reported instances of incorrect pressures, possibly due to confusion on wheel size at PDI.

Reactions: Karl Alesbury, Smythy and Sandra
Sandra
Looking for assistance here, can anyone of the guys with the technical know how help my wife out as she has the habit of coming out of the car without activating the hand break.
Is there any modification that can be done so the hand break can be applied when the key is in the off position. This is the 2nd time she has done this.

Doug

Reactions: Sandra
The A7 that I have at the moment automatically puts the hand brake on if you put it in park and then get out. It does have hold assist, so I don't know if this is part of it!

The dealership says they cannot fit hill hold assist, I asked if they could have the hanbreak applied when the key was in the off position again no reply from dealership. I may have to dig deeper into this as my wife is unhappy but that's the way things are going with cars.
I may have to contact Audi and see if this can be an upgrade, I don't see it as a big cost only software

Reactions: Toonsoldier91 and Richie c
Surely it's just a case of getting used to it? It's just the same as any car with a mechanical handbrake - you have to pull it up to engage it when you come to a stop!

Hold Assist isn't just software, there's an extra button as well - though I can't see it being hard to fit

Just my wife being forgetful or having other things on her mind as woman usually do driving only gets them to the shops quicker...

What can the DIS display?

Before I got my car, I was unaware of what could be displayed on the DIS.

There are really too many to list here and in many instances display multiple data, but can give you an overview, all controlled by the the 4 buttons on the left hand side of the MF steering wheel.

There are 4 top menus
1. Car computer
2. Music/radio
3. Phone
4. Navigation

For each of the above, there is a sub menu, and under that you can scroll/select further options

The car computer sub menus are (from memory - names may not be accurate)
a. Computer
b. Efficiency mode
c. Digital speedo
d. Blank display

Again the scroller allows you to display various options on the above.

The car computer allows you to display both short term (which can be reset) and long term (cars liftime) statistics
1. Average Mpg
2.instantaneous mpg
3. Average speed
4. Time of journey
5. Time
6. Date
7. Number of miles left in the fuel tank
8. Probably some I have forgot!

The music/phone/navigation also have options to display, but not that many.
i have the SD card sat nav, so this displays basic sat nav info (I usually use the main MMI for this)

several bits of the above information may be displayed simultaneously, which are mixed and match between menus. For instance in the computer menu, the current music track is also displayed at the top of the screen

You really need to play with it to appreciate it fully.

Hope this helps!

Ps. This is for my car, cars built with other options may have more on the DIS.

Reactions: vakaviti, Schizophonic and Sandra
Car Computer also has an 'Assist' screen in the menu, if you have lane assist, ACC or both, which shows you some graphics about what they are doing and the state of them

Can someone point me correctly what should my PSI when pumping up my tyres?

I've got 225/45 R17 V

When I checked the pressure it was 29 PSI. I've going to have 4 people in my car over the next few days for a long journey and wasn't sure how much exactly I should be pumping my tyres. There's two columns and which one should I follow?

Can someone point me correctly what should my PSI when pumping up my tyres?

I've got 225/45 R17 V

When I checked the pressure it was 29 PSI. I've going to have 4 people in my car over the next few days for a long journey and wasn't sure how much exactly I should be pumping my tyres. There's two columns and which one should I follow?

According to photo of Door label, post #3

When fully loaded should be 38 front & 41rear

In case anyone wants to know what LED lights can be used in the A3 Sline 8V Chassis:

Just looked on eBay, is it right that these LED bulbs are costing around 120£?
Sound crazy high to me

Just looked on eBay, is it right that these LED bulbs are costing around 120£?
Sound crazy high to me

Sounds way too high to me as well. I'm not sure what they should be but I wouldn't expect more than a few quid each really. t8ups on here sells them, might be worth asking him.

Would it be possible for you to post up the second image again?

I have bulbs from my 8P, I assume I will be able to swap over to 8V.

:anbet: Nice one V8 :thumbs up:

Reactions: 45bvtc, Kalashnikov and veeeight