Tax Disc for new car?

Reaction score
I am still waiting for my first tax disc and registration forms from the DVLA? I understood you were only given 14 days grace to have you tax disc on display and that will expire this weekend.

Anyone else waiting?

I got mine about a week ago - I'd chase it up!

got mine afte about 4 - 5 days, i was advised to chase up if not received within 8 days and DVLA will send out a replacement

7 days grace says it on the letter

7 days grace says it on the letter

I sent an e-mail enquiry to DVLA and their response was:-

Due to the volume of mail received at DVLA Swansea, it is not possible for us to confirm receipt of an application unless it has been sent by recorded or special delivery. If this method of posting was used, please obtain the reference number from the receipt and confirm that the application has reached us by using the website www.postoffice.co.uk.

If this method of posting was not used, please allow at least 6 weeks before making further enquiries to ensure that we are able to give you an accurate update on the progress of the application.

You will need to liaise with the dealer with regards to how they taxed the vehicle as we will not have sent this directly to you

I have contacted the dealer to see if there is anything they can do to chase up my V5 and tax disc.

Ah!!! Found the answer. The dealer has written my name correctly on 'Confirmation of Registration' details, but with the incorrect address!! I missed the error when I signed it. They are now trying to sort out the error for me via DVLA. Watch this space!!

Ok so is this bad, I've got my disc but its in the door card. I don't want to attach it to the screen as it spoils the look of the car. Now I know you probably can be done for 'none displaying' of tax disc but surely with the number plate recognition **** the Dvla use all over the place and the info the police have on the cars we should now be able to not have it in the window looking all gamy in a crap dealer holder. I'm fortunate my dealer didn't stick it on, I have ordered a better looking one but it ain't arrived yet.

I think eventually we'll be at the point where they aren't required... but you do legally need it displayed for the moment unfortunately!

I had mine blue tacked to the dash for a couple of days.

I ordered this little item off e-bay. At least it is small!

231014081799_1.jpg