Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: 4 sleeps to go!

Reverse Gear

Status

4 sleeps to go!

So as luck would have it I got the call from the dealer saying my car is ready for pick up on Saturday, 4 weeks ahead of initial schedule.

She is a 1.2 A3 Sportback S line S Tronic in Daytona grey with sunroof, pre sense basic, assisted parking, sunroof, Bang and Olufsen speakers, comfort pack, interior lighting kit, hold assist, plus various other extras I can't remember as it was June when I ordered it.

Bought as a London runaround hence I went for the economical 1.2 engine.

Can't wait!!!! It's been a whole 17 years since I last drove a car!

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    You could not have picked a better car to break the 17 year famine, sure you will be blown away by the changes in motoring since you last drove.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    You could not have picked a better car to break the 17 year famine, sure you will be blown away by the changes in motoring since you last drove.
    Indeed. Be aware that you don't need a man with a red flag walking in front of you anymore.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveotto View Post
    I think the A3 has moved on a bit in 17 years,
    especially the interiors, was curious so found what I think are 1996 A3 photos

A3 S lines are cracking cars I'm sure you will love it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A3 sport back, Misano Red, S Line, 1.4 C.O.D. Manual, Panoramic Sunroof, Audi sound system, Folding mirrors, Interior lights pack, Non smoking, Delete Badges, Sports suspension, Hill hold & 2 year servicing & 4 year warrantee.

2nd Gear

Status
    17 years - Wow!

I think if I'd taken 17 years off driving I'd be pretty wary of getting behind the wheel again with such a nice shiny car, especially round London. I'd probably do a refresher course with a driving school. That said, I'm sure it'll come back to you very quickly and you'll love driving it. Just be warned, it'll make lesser cars feel crummy to drive!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    17 years - Wow!

I think if I'd taken 17 years off driving I'd be pretty wary of getting behind the wheel again with such a nice shiny car, especially round London. I'd probably do a refresher course with a driving school. That said, I'm sure it'll come back to you very quickly and you'll love driving it. Just be warned, it'll make lesser cars feel crummy to drive!
    Indeed I did 5 lessons with the BSM including a motorway session. All on an auto. What I did notice was how inordinately difficult it is to stay below 30 in an auto where you aren't controlling speed partly with gear changes.

London driving wasn't too bad I thought - damned cyclists and anyone in a SUV were the main hazards!