How much SD card storage is supported

Quarz

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Audi said 32GB but I think I saw someone in here saying they were rocking 64GB ?

What is the max GB supported by the reader ?

Best Regards

Quarz

I think the spec says either 1 or 2 TB - not that these exist!

I'm using 128 GB, which is working fine.

Perfect guess my dealer is well off the mark on that Q

Big D289, where did you buy ur card, as far as I can see 128GB is well expensive

Perfect guess my dealer is well off the mark on that Q

Big D289, where did you buy ur card, as far as I can see 128GB is well expensive

Its a Kingston 128 GB, think it was just over £70 from Amazon, think it was slightly cheaper than buying 2x 64GB

Wow! You guys like loads of music. I have just downloaded 16 CDs and used up 3GB on a 16GB SD card, which has the capacity for 85 CDs or so, heaven knows where I would get enough to fill 128 GB SD Card (683 CDs)!!
Would have to stay in the car day and night!!!

The handbook does actually say 64GB limit I think - which is what I have in there (though only about 31GB of stuff on there). 2TB is the maximum supported by the SDXC standard, but that doesn't mean that every SDXC device will support that capacity.

For those that have the 128GB card - I'd be interested to see what happens if you fill it up more than 64GB, whether everything on the card is playable etc. It may well be, but the manual does state a limit.

I'd be complaining to Audi if it doesn't support more than 64GB... their marketing material clearly states 2TB

You're right, it does. Contradicts with the MMI manual then.